Freeza comes to Earth and says he is a good guy now

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Freeza comes to Earth and says he is a good guy now

Post by nickzambuto » Sun May 23, 2021 10:32 pm

In this scenario, Freeza comes to Earth one day. The whole team immediately confronts him, and he just says that he wants to be a good guy now and live on Earth. He claims that the Tournament of Power and the Broly movie changed him, but nobody knows whether this is true, or an elaborate ruse.

How would the various cast react to this?

Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo
Krillin
Tien
Yamcha
Roshi
Bulma

Some thoughts to consider:

1) Which characters would be most likely to trust Freeza and give him a chance?
2) Which characters would not trust Freeza?
3) Which character is most likely to attack Freeza unprovoked?
4) Which character is most likely to uncover Freeza's true motives?
5) Which characters would ask Freeza to train with them? Would anyone ask Freeza to become their master?
6) Would Freeza be allowed to live on Earth so long as he doesn't do any evil?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Freeza comes to Earth and says he is a good guy now

Post by Lionel » Mon May 24, 2021 3:47 am

More than half of the characters listed have been damaged or traumatised too much for them to accept this new leaf of Freeza's. They may tolerate him to a an extent but they would always keep one eye on him in case he ever decided to stab them in the back. I could see Vegeta in particular wanting to uncover Freeza's true intentions so as to expel the conniving mole from his home. At the slightest provocation he would probably choose to engage in a fight.

Krillin and Yamcha may be more apprehensive than resentful. Together they would voice parallel sentiments to Vegeta, Piccolo, and Tenshinhan though they may not be as insistent due to their inability to affect the situation.

I suspect Roshi would be ambivalent with some scepticism rightfully framing his perception of the "former" tyrant. Bulma's hesitancy could be impaired by curiosity of the powerful alien dictator coupled with an assuredness in her husband defending her.

The only one who would hold any sort of opinion bordering on positivity or acceptance would be Goku as he has admitted to finding Freeza to be a great potential sparring partner.

Here is a personal chart of how I feel the characters would react to Freeza:

Accepting
Goku

Neutral
Roshi
Bulma

Hostile
Vegeta
Piccolo
Tenshinhan
Krillin
Yamcha

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon May 24, 2021 12:48 pm

Ask him to try and ride the Kintoun. When he falls through it, they'll know he's faking.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon May 24, 2021 6:44 pm

As shown with Moro, Goku will always have a streak of naivete to him when it comes to handling a villain that claims that they'll stop doing terrible things. Goku just can't help but believe that even genocidal mass murderers are capable of being his friend or at the very least, a sparing partner or ally in battle. Everyone else would understandably be quite skeptical of Freeza saying that he is good, most especially Vegeta.
Its kinda hard to believe that Space-Napoleon-Hitler would ever turn good and seek redemption with the countless people he has victimized...when he still shows no remorse for any of it.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Tue May 25, 2021 11:13 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:48 pm Ask him to try and ride the Kintoun. When he falls through it, they'll know he's faking.
To be fair, most people cannot ride kinto'un. It doesn't make you evil.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed May 26, 2021 2:18 am

nickzambuto wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:32 pm In this scenario, Freeza comes to Earth one day. The whole team immediately confronts him, and he just says that he wants to be a good guy now and live on Earth. He claims that the Tournament of Power and the Broly movie changed him, but nobody knows whether this is true, or an elaborate ruse.

How would the various cast react to this?

Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo
Krillin
Tien
Yamcha
Roshi
Bulma

Some thoughts to consider:

1) Which characters would be most likely to trust Freeza and give him a chance?
5) Which characters would ask Freeza to train with them? Would anyone ask Freeza to become their master?
1) Goku. Many of his friends were former enemies. Though even Goku would be skeptical of Frieza's sudden change of heart, Gogeta had the chance to finish Frieza in the Broly movie, and they chose not to. That was definitely Goku's personality that was responsible for that.

2) Vegeta. Krillin was also sufficiently traumatized by Frieza in the past, so I doubt he'd feel much better about it. Pretty much everyone would keep a close eye on Frieza, but Vegeta would be the first to object.

3) Vegeta. He's made his feelings about Frieza clear. He spent his life trying to find a way to end Frieza, and he finally got some closure when Goku beat him on Namek. Years later, Goku willingly brings Frieza back, and he's not been too happy about that. This is also the guy who executes enemies without mercy. If he perceives someone as a threat, he's not going to let them hang around and potentially cause trouble. He attempted to execute Good Buu and Broly for this reason.

4) Again, Vegeta. Or Piccolo. They're both fairly smart compared to the rest of the cast. Well, not compared to Bulma, but she's too squishy and would end up dead. Gohan has the smarts, but he's always busy with his studies. He can't be playing detective. Also, since Vegeta and Piccolo both used to be extremely evil, they'd know how a villain like Frieza thinks.

5) Goku would train with Frieza because...well, he always welcomes a challenge. Don't think anyone would want Frieza as a master, though. Not anyone on Earth.

6) If Frieza tried this immediately after the Tournament of Power, he could have used the good will he had built up to increase his chances, but his scheming in the Broly movie solidified his role as a villain. No one is going to think he's suddenly had a change of heart now. He has to prove himself now.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:03 pm

nickzambuto wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:32 pm 1) Which characters would be most likely to trust Freeza and give him a chance?
1. Android 17, Buu, and the kids.

Android 17 and Frieza don't seem to have any beef with each other. Based on their bromance in the tournament, I could see Frieza offering 17 a position in his army. Frieza could certainly win some brownie points with 17 if he offered protection to animals on Earth and all the various planets.

2. Pretty much the entire the entire cast lol.

3. Vegeta.

4. Piccolo, Krillin, or Gohan.

5. Goku

6. As long as he can survive a beating from Vegeta, sure.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:10 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:48 pm Ask him to try and ride the Kintoun. When he falls through it, they'll know he's faking.
I knew that bitch Bulma was evil

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:17 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:10 pm
I knew that bitch Bulma was evil
Well, immature and greedy, at the time at least.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147