Ideas for Destruction God Actions

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Ideas for Destruction God Actions

Post by Hulk10 » Wed May 26, 2021 5:11 pm

I wonder if a Destroyer could simply destroy problematic individuals rather than just the whole planets at times. Would that be efficient?
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Ideas for Destruction God Actions

Post by Lionel » Wed May 26, 2021 8:17 pm

It seems like Hakaishin are afforded a great deal of autonomy in how they manage their respective universes. So long as they carry out their duties of destruction for the purposes of maintaining cosmic balance they can seemingly do whatever they please. Because of it, I imagine they would be able to destroy any singular individual if they had a whim for it.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed May 26, 2021 8:20 pm

Lionel wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:17 pm It seems like Hakaishin are afforded a great deal of autonomy in how they manage their respective universes. So long as they carry out their duties of destruction for the purposes of maintaining cosmic balance they can seemingly do whatever they please. Because of it, I imagine they would be able to destroy any singular individual if they had a whim for it.
That seems like something Arak would do to minimize the destruction he causes. Since he is known to try to boost his universe's mortal level being so high.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed May 26, 2021 10:05 pm

Lazy Hakaishin like Beerus are known to let other beings take up the slack for them. Freeza was destroying enough planets while Beerus was sleeping. So he wouldn't have wanted to kill Freeza because that would mean he would actually have to do more work.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu May 27, 2021 11:12 pm

Though Majin Buu also destroyed a lot of the advanced civilizations in Universe 7 under Bibiti's control which contributed to the Universe's low mortal level or so I've heard.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri May 28, 2021 1:14 pm

That's what the Destroyers are supposed to do, you're not supposed to abuse your powers of Destruction. So if there's a planet with a rebellious organization, you're not supposed to destroy the entire planet but only the gang of rebels. But Beerus isn't a good Destroyer, if he was then U7 wouldn't rank so pathetically low in the mortal level ranking.

Ironically Beerus still messed up when he tried to destroy a single individual (Zamasu), because he inadvertently created a timeline where Zamasu succeeded (Goku Black's timeline). Honestly how this cat still has his job is beyond me, he's garbage.

Regardless I doubt that the Destroyers of the highest universes destroy entire worlds because they make bad food, I'll leave it at that.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri May 28, 2021 5:42 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:14 pm That's what the Destroyers are supposed to do, you're not supposed to abuse your powers of Destruction. So if there's a planet with a rebellious organization, you're not supposed to destroy the entire planet but only the gang of rebels. But Beerus isn't a good Destroyer, if he was then U7 wouldn't rank so pathetically low in the mortal level ranking.

Ironically Beerus still messed up when he tried to destroy a single individual (Zamasu), because he inadvertently created a timeline where Zamasu succeeded (Goku Black's timeline). Honestly how this cat still has his job is beyond me, he's garbage.

Regardless I doubt that the Destroyers of the highest universes destroy entire worlds because they make bad food, I'll leave it at that.
No no, I agree with you 100% Beerus is not a good Destroyer.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 29, 2021 2:07 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:14 pm That's what the Destroyers are supposed to do, you're not supposed to abuse your powers of Destruction. So if there's a planet with a rebellious organization, you're not supposed to destroy the entire planet but only the gang of rebels. But Beerus isn't a good Destroyer, if he was then U7 wouldn't rank so pathetically low in the mortal level ranking.

He is a bad destroyer but to be fair he didn't make a timeline where black succeeds, that was on course to happen, he actually created one where zamasu *didn't* succeed surely?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat May 29, 2021 2:24 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:07 pm

He is a bad destroyer but to be fair he didn't make a timeline where black succeeds, that was on course to happen, he actually created one where zamasu *didn't* succeed surely?
Call it however you want he still created an alternate timeline, that's a major crime against the law of Gods, Whis even mocked him for that at the end of the arc.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 29, 2021 2:43 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:24 pm

Call it however you want he still created an alternate timeline, that's a major crime against the law of Gods, Whis even mocked him for that at the end of the arc.
Eh I mean Trunks going back and warning everyone set the stage for Beerus to do that. He was acting in good faith and probably didn't understand the mechanics of time travel because he's never fucked with it which is following the rules...

I don't think a court would convict him.

Worst case he'd be negligent for not stopping it himself without the warning, but honestly it's waaay more Rumoshs fault imo.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat May 29, 2021 2:51 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:43 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:24 pm

Eh I mean Trunks going back and warning everyone set the stage for Beerus to do that. He was acting in good faith and probably didn't understand the mechanics of time travel because he's never fucked with it which is following the rules...

I don't think a court would convict him.

Worst case he'd be negligent for not stopping it himself without the warning, but honestly it's waaay more Rumoshs fault imo.
Well I wasn't necessarily blaming Beerus, I was just reflecting on how Beerus still messed up even when he tried to do everything perfectly (warn the victim, wait for evidence, then kill the target).

And Yes the elephant god Rumsshi is also stupid but then again U7 and U10 are both very low on the mortal ranking level, so it's not a surprise.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat May 29, 2021 3:49 pm

Sure he created a new timeline but he wasn't the only one to blame for it. Rumshii, Gowasu and Zamasu share equal blame.