What planet was Raditz talking about?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mystic Buu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What planet was Raditz talking about?

Post by Mystic Buu » Sat May 29, 2021 4:55 am

The reason Raditz came to Earth was because there was a planet that the three Saiyans would have trouble with, so Raditz came to get Goku for the advantage. I think the name of planet wasn't said in the manga, but what planet would make the most sense out of all we currently know?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What planet was Raditz talking about?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat May 29, 2021 11:43 am

Mystic Buu wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:55 am The reason Raditz came to Earth was because there was a planet that the three Saiyans would have trouble with, so Raditz came to get Goku for the advantage. I think the name of planet wasn't said in the manga, but what planet would make the most sense out of all we currently know?
Yardrat?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sat May 29, 2021 12:57 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:43 am
Mystic Buu wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:55 am The reason Raditz came to Earth was because there was a planet that the three Saiyans would have trouble with, so Raditz came to get Goku for the advantage. I think the name of planet wasn't said in the manga, but what planet would make the most sense out of all we currently know?
Yardrat?
Yardrat was the planet the Ginyu Special Force were on their way to when Freeza called them over to Nameck, so definitely NOT that.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat May 29, 2021 11:29 pm

How efficient was the PTO's information network? I ask because a lot of these worlds, unknown to the organisation at the time, conceive exceptionally powerful fighters whom would-be invaders like the Saiyans failed to anticipate.

It could have been Planet Zoon as they happened to boast a gravitational pull comparable to Planet Vegeta. Individually the Zoon-seijen may not pose much of a threat to Nappa, Vegeta, or even Raditz but collectively they could prove to be a serious obstacle. We don't know when precisely Babidi travelled to Zoon and enslaved Pui Pui but he alone could put have a damper on any conquering prospects, depending on how powerful you rank him. I personally consider him to be significantly inferior to the Buu arc Saiyans (base) but not to the point that he's dimensions apart from them or what have you.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun May 30, 2021 3:46 am

Adamant wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:57 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:43 am
Yardrat?
Yardrat was the planet the Ginyu Special Force were on their way to when Freeza called them over to Nameck, so definitely NOT that.
Maybe the Ginyus were assigned there after the Saiyans failed on Earth.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun May 30, 2021 11:18 am

We'll probably never know.

Taking into account less than 1000 power level Goku was being recruited, I don't think the race was that strong or at least had particularly strong individuals.
They probably just had a bunch of 400/500 people and it would take forever to conquest it without nuking the planet until it was worthless.

Imagine Earth but instead of people being 5 power level, they were 500. That would be quite a task.