Would Gero Have Made The Androids Even Stronger Had He Known About The Events On Namek?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Would Gero Have Made The Androids Even Stronger Had He Known About The Events On Namek?

Post by theherodjl » Mon May 31, 2021 2:52 am

Gero had calculated the strength of his creations based on what was demonstrated by Goku and the others in the Saiyan arc...so what if he happened to glimpse into how strong they had all become on Namek? Would that have resulted in Gero building up even more energy to make all of the Androids even stronger than what we saw? If he did, how much more could he have improved them?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Would Gero Have Made The Androids Even Stronger Had He Known About The Events On Namek?

Post by Lionel » Mon May 31, 2021 3:36 am

What was the highest calculated power reading his spybots registered? Was it Oozaru Vegeta's strength? The doctor took things to the extreme by having his creations be outfitted with such inordinately high energy amounts. They have to be clocking in at somewhere in the hundreds of millions. A mere ten times differential would have been more than enough to handle the threats he had taken into account while programming his constructs.

It goes without saying but Toriyama's need to maintain the ever escalating scales really threw plausibility and internal logic out the window. Gero and his ability to create cyborgs stronger than the galactic tyrant and the legendary Super Saiyan are perfect examples of such.

To answer your question, I'm going to assume Gero might have accounted for the enormous gulf in progress by raising his cyborgs/machines' power to the point that we be questioning if they could challenge Super Vegetto from the actual manga sequence's Buu arc. How is it possible? Who can say exactly. It was already far-fetched for someone like #17 to become powerful enough to challenge TOP arc SSJ3 Goku but it happened. How much more of a stretch is Gero programming the cyborgs and androids to be comparable to the stronger Buu arc fighters?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Would Gero Have Made The Androids Even Stronger Had He Known About The Events On Namek?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon May 31, 2021 4:57 am

Lionel wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:36 am What was the highest calculated power reading his spybots registered? Was it Oozaru Vegeta's strength?
Didn't they get cells from Freeza and King Cold when he came to earth? So the highest they would have detected would be SSJ1 Trunks.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon May 31, 2021 4:30 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:57 am
Lionel wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:36 am What was the highest calculated power reading his spybots registered? Was it Oozaru Vegeta's strength?
Didn't they get cells from Freeza and King Cold when he came to earth? So the highest they would have detected would be SSJ1 Trunks.
That was his computer though. Gero's own collected observations & information on the Z Senshi was from the Saiyan arc. IIRC, Android 16's data on Goku only went as far as the Saiyan arc as well.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon May 31, 2021 8:22 pm

His patience to act is the most important factor. #17 and #18 were already last resorts so going for stronger Androids without being able to control them should be a no go.

I bet he would try to improve the absorption type and if he postponed his attack, maybe his super computer and bio-androids might come into play.

Another possibility is giving up. He made the Androids crazy strong but Super Saiyan was something incredible, if he thought this progress was limitless and recognized the Saiyans like the freaks they are. There's a chance his intellect would never keep up and he would recognize it.

Unfortunately we know very little about Dr.Gero so it's hard to guess.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Mon May 31, 2021 10:31 pm

theherodjl wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:52 am Gero had calculated the strength of his creations based on what was demonstrated by Goku and the others in the Saiyan arc...so what if he happened to glimpse into how strong they had all become on Namek? Would that have resulted in Gero building up even more energy to make all of the Androids even stronger than what we saw? If he did, how much more could he have improved them?
The short answer, yes. He would have likely made sure they were much much stronger just like he did for his existing models. If we extrapolate, we can infer than Gero knew that the Z team could get 9x to 53x stronger in a single year if we look at the results of Yamcha and Goku respectively. So he already knew they were capable of drastic and quite frankly impossible power growth. I think data from Namek would have possessed him to inflate his calculations even more. I'm not sure how far this would set him back or if it would make the androids more unstable.

But all in all the calculation would be that Goku could raise his battle power from 416 to 150,000,000 in a single year, which is a 333,333x increase. Likely, he would assume that Goku could repeat this, so very quickly, we'd get androids with battle powers dwarfing Buu and Vegetto. If that's even possible out the gate, I don't even know. Cell was designed around bio-absorption and #17 needed physical training to get mega-strong. It's definitely a recipe for disaster, so I'm glad he didn't get data from Namek.

He probably would have also given them a "limit break" function as well to mimic the Super Saiyan transformation and Frieza's suppressions. That may be useful to keeping such powerful beings from being consumed by such high magnitudes of raw power.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Mon May 31, 2021 11:21 pm

Lionel wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:36 am What was the highest calculated power reading his spybots registered? Was it Oozaru Vegeta's strength? The doctor took things to the extreme by having his creations be outfitted with such inordinately high energy amounts. They have to be clocking in at somewhere in the hundreds of millions. A mere ten times differential would have been more than enough to handle the threats he had taken into account while programming his constructs.
I see what you mean but he probably calculated a formula to estimate Goku's increase in power over a period of time. He saw Goku for most of his life breaking his limits in extreme amounts, so he basically gave Goku a lot of credit on how much he would improve and wanted his androids to be strong enough to beat even that.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:06 am

I always just assumed that he made them as strong as he possibly could. Except 16 was unstable and Cell required time to mature and reach his full power.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

BWri

Post by BWri » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:34 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:06 am I always just assumed that he made them as strong as he possibly could. Except 16 was unstable and Cell required time to mature and reach his full power.
The formulas could "realistically" predict Goku reaching SSJ+ levels naturally since his battle power grew from 416 to 24,000 (temporarily from KK) in less than a year, about a 57x leap. He could perhaps even calculate that Goku would naturally evolve the power boosting technique he saw (Kaioken) which is why he's shown not initially flabberghasted by Super Saiyan. Lots of variables here.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:42 pm

Yes I imagine he would but would it make a difference? I'm not so sure.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:45 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:42 pm Yes I imagine he would but would it make a difference? I'm not so sure.
17 and 18 of the time line we use are already magnitudes stronger than SSJ. Perfect Cell was loads more stronger than that. It took another namekian fusion and a year of more intense training to catch up and surpass the twins. But the only reason everyone lived long enough to do so is because this these were not as vicious as the ones from Trunk's time.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:22 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:45 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:42 pm Yes I imagine he would but would it make a difference? I'm not so sure.
17 and 18 of the time line we use are already magnitudes stronger than SSJ. Perfect Cell was loads more stronger than that. It took another namekian fusion and a year of more intense training to catch up and surpass the twins. But the only reason everyone lived long enough to do so is because this these were not as vicious as the ones from Trunk's time.
They could have trained harder in the interim between the time they first saw the androids and when they met Future Trunks. I'm not saying it wouldn't make a difference or that it would make a difference. There are always variables.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:05 am

Hulk10 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:22 pmThey could have trained harder in the interim between the time they first saw the androids and when they met Future Trunks. I'm not saying it wouldn't make a difference or that it would make a difference. There are always variables.
The thing is that Gero took a couple of punk teens off of the streets and in 3 years, altered them from having the strength of ordinary humans to having twice the power of SSJ Goku on Namek. If Gero had more intel and made even better use of his time, the Androids could very well have had their strength increased multiple times greater than what we saw. Had it reached such a point, there might not have been enough humans in the world to be absorbed by Imperfect Cell to allow him to overpower 17 & 18. The ROSAT training would have been required just to face off against the Android duo.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:55 pm

theherodjl wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:05 am
Hulk10 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:22 pmThey could have trained harder in the interim between the time they first saw the androids and when they met Future Trunks. I'm not saying it wouldn't make a difference or that it would make a difference. There are always variables.
The thing is that Gero took a couple of punk teens off of the streets and in 3 years, altered them from having the strength of ordinary humans to having twice the power of SSJ Goku on Namek. If Gero had more intel and made even better use of his time, the Androids could very well have had their strength increased multiple times greater than what we saw. Had it reached such a point, there might not have been enough humans in the world to be absorbed by Imperfect Cell to allow him to overpower 17 & 18. The ROSAT training would have been required just to face off against the Android duo.
Yes he certainly could have made them stronger.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:25 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:55 pm
theherodjl wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:05 am
Yes he certainly could have made them stronger.
Unless we know exactly how he achieved that, we have no idea if. or how much stronger they all could have been. For all we know there could be a finite amount of strongerthanassjium in the world.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:25 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:25 pmUnless we know exactly how he achieved that, we have no idea if. or how much stronger they all could have been. For all we know there could be a finite amount of strongerthanassjium in the world.
It's not really as important how Gero achieved it as it is more about the fact that he was able to do it in the first place. If Gero could make Android 16 as strong as he was, boosting 17 & 18's power was totally possible.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:52 pm

theherodjl wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:25 pm
Anonymous Friend wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:25 pmUnless we know exactly how he achieved that, we have no idea if. or how much stronger they all could have been. For all we know there could be a finite amount of strongerthanassjium in the world.
It's not really as important how Gero achieved it as it is more about the fact that he was able to do it in the first place. If Gero could make Android 16 as strong as he was, boosting 17 & 18's power was totally possible.
Indeed.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:21 pm

theherodjl wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:25 pm
The question I'm responding to is "Could he have made them stronger?"

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:32 pm

As a modern day PC gamer my first thought when seeing this question was - "Of course not. The processing power needed would be unavailable due to a a scarcity of available materials thanks to crypto-mining tech bros." Sorry :wtf:

This has to be the real way Dr. Briefs made his fortune right? Hoi-Poi coin? Dragon coin? With that said I'll see myself out.