Piccolo Daimaō not so bright after all...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Goku da Silva

Piccolo Daimaō not so bright after all...

Post by Goku da Silva » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:21 pm

So i don't know if many of you have noticed but when King Piccolo asks for his wish to Sheng Long his choice of words are kinda dumb, instead of asking for eternal life and youth he says, and i quote:

"I want youth!! I want to be equal to the time when i was full of energy!!

Well, he simply wished for his youth to return, thus he's only buying some more time, i don't know if this was a lack of attention by Toriyama or Piccolo hinself. If i were to guess i would say it was Toriyama's fault, because he corrects it later in the Sayan and Freeza arcs when both Veggeta and Freeza want either eternal life and youth or simply eternal youth.

Anyways this is really a fun thing to think and has for some time intrigued me. :roll:

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Piccolo Daimaō not so bright after all...

Post by Peach » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:39 pm

After being imprisoned in the denshi jar for hundreds of years, I'm sure he knows how terrifying eternal youth or immortality can be if he's trapped somewhere against his will.

What's long with living a long, fruitful life, making an army of demons, and eventually reincarnating yourself?

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:53 pm

He was planning on killing the entire world population over the course of 43 years, he didn't really need more time than that.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:43 pm

Piccolo Daimao was only short sighted. What would he have accomplished by ruling the Earth with a demon army in case he won against Goku? As soon as Raditz arrived, Goku's former Saiyan job would have been done, but so would Piccolo Daimao.

Goku da Silva

Post by Goku da Silva » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:39 pm

Desassina wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:43 pm Piccolo Daimao was only short sighted. What would he have accomplished by ruling the Earth with a demon army in case he won against Goku? As soon as Raditz arrived, Goku's former Saiyan job would have been done, but so would Piccolo Daimao.
That's right! I havent considered Raditz, but Piccolo really was short sighted though!