What is actually the worst wish in history?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

What is actually the worst wish in history?

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:34 pm

If y'all remember that was a tagline for Resurrection 'F' before the title was revealed.

Was Freeza really the worst wish in history, or is there a worse one we know of?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: What is actually the worst wish in history?

Post by Lionel » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:01 pm

In what way "worst"? Do you mean in the context of moral and practical ramifications for life and worlds in the broader universe?

If that's the context then I may argue that it's a tie between Zamasu's wish for immortality and the creation of Goku Black. Such actions facilitated both Shinjin to carry out their genocidal "Project Zero Mortals" agenda which ultimately lead to the erasure of an entire timeline. It's difficult to top something like that.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:23 am

I agree it was Zamasu's. It had multiversal ramifications.
In second place, Granola's seems to be it. It was said that it will put the balance of the universe in jeopardy.

In third place, I'd say Pilaf wishing to be young again in the future timeline, it screwed Trunks' timeline for good.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:00 pm

Pilaf wishing for Goku to turn into a kid again. It blew up the planet.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:30 pm

Obviously it was Zamasu's. It was the "worst" wish from the perspective of Zamasu's enemies (mortals and the false Gods), as it made him completely immortal. In Dragon Ball a lot of villains wanted to become immortals, and it became critical to stop them from succeeding, otherwise they would be unstoppable. Vegeta and Frieza, to give some examples. With Zamasu, we have an antagonist (not necessarily villain) who actually succeeded in wishing for absolute Immortality. And indeed he was unstoppable.

Remember when you were a child and were shaking in fear at the idea of Vegeta or Frieza getting their hands on the Dragon Balls and wishing for immortality? Zamasu actually succeeded.

Literally no one could stop Zamasu at that point, Goku and co. FAILED. They would have all died if Zeno wasn't there to save the day, and even then "save" is used loosely here as he erased the entire Future timeline, so the day wasn't really that saved in the end.

Regardless all other wishes don't come close at all. Zamasu, by virtue of being immortal, was elevated to a threat only Zeno could take care of thanks to his wish. Granolah? He can be taken care of by Beerus. He remains weaker than all the Gods.

Now obviously I am referring to the wish of Future Zamasu, though Alternate Present Zamasu (i.e. Goku Black) also made the wish to switch bodies with Goku, which then allowed him to lay waste to countless mortal civilizations across the cosmos and become the strongest. But frankly Immortality was all around a far more powerful wish than Goku's body.

Frieza's wish wasn't "the worst" at all, he literally came back only to get sent back to Hell in like 4 months. Meanwhile the wishes of both Zamases led to the erasure of the entire Future timeline, it's not even a contest. The two cannot even be compared. You can argue that Frieza's wish led to the destruction of the Earth (which was reversed by the way), but the wishes of the Zamases led to the destruction of literally everything in the timeline.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:11 pm

Actually, if Freeza had never been revived, then he would have never achieved his golden form and participated in the ToP, where he played a key role in defeating Jiren and winning the tournament for Universe 7. So if that didn't happen, Jiren would probably win, and not wish to revive the other universes, in which case the Zenos would erase all of the remaining ones. So, indirectly, the wish to revive Freeza saved the cosmos.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Jamtia

Post by Jamtia » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:56 am

I don't know. Oolong wishing for a pair of panties was pretty bad. :lol:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:36 am

Jamtia wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:56 am I don't know. Oolong wishing for a pair of panties was pretty bad. :lol:
Well it prevented Pilaf from ruling the world.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Jamtia

Post by Jamtia » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:44 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:36 am
Jamtia wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:56 am I don't know. Oolong wishing for a pair of panties was pretty bad. :lol:
Well it prevented Pilaf from ruling the world.
Haha yeah I was joking. But he defiantly could have wished for something better, even if it was on the spot.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:15 am

Probably using the Dbs to get rid of Pans cold/fever

2 reasons why.

first obvious its everything the Old Kai mentions about the DBs and overuse. obviously it's not a horrible wish, but it is using them for the sake of it, and who knows if it could've jeopardised things if other Dragonballs were out of use as a result of it and they needed them for something far greater in scope and other Dbs were out of comission.

2nd kinda raises the issue of why could the Dbs not be used to wish away Goku's heart virus. maybe not in the OG timeline since they weren't expecting him to die. But even with the med brought back, he could've been wished better at any stage in the android arc when suffering, or just wished him not to get the virus.

Guess Dende's DBs bypassed the whole natural causes stuff.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:57 am

Depends on what "worst" means.

Most dumb wish? Healing Pan in DBS. That was a waste of a wish and didn't make any sense.
Most selfish wish? Piccolo wishing to be young again. It created the only noble evil dragon since it was the most selfish one.
Wish with the worst consquences? Reviving all of Frieza's victims. It created Syn Shenron.

Even though reviving Frieza in RoF was said to be "the worst wish" it doesn't fit that title at all. It didn't do anything in the end. Frieza basically returned only to be killed again. He did as much as he did at the very start of androids arc in Z.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Shintoki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shintoki » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:38 am

Krillin1994 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:15 am Probably using the Dbs to get rid of Pans cold/fever

2 reasons why.

first obvious its everything the Old Kai mentions about the DBs and overuse. obviously it's not a horrible wish, but it is using them for the sake of it, and who knows if it could've jeopardised things if other Dragonballs were out of use as a result of it and they needed them for something far greater in scope and other Dbs were out of comission.

2nd kinda raises the issue of why could the Dbs not be used to wish away Goku's heart virus. maybe not in the OG timeline since they weren't expecting him to die. But even with the med brought back, he could've been wished better at any stage in the android arc when suffering, or just wished him not to get the virus.

Guess Dende's DBs bypassed the whole natural causes stuff.
Precisely, they are not even really used efficiently or that properly as they could have wished for pan to become immune from all sicknesses. but nah, just cure her cold ig...cool except when/if the situations call for the DBs and they are deactived

dear lord, the show is stupid sometimes.
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:21 pm You could also, y'know, become a real buddhist
DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:18 am Isn't this technically worshipping the Monkey King?

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:45 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:57 am Depends on what "worst" means.

Most dumb wish? Healing Pan in DBS. That was a waste of a wish and didn't make any sense.
Most selfish wish? Piccolo wishing to be young again. It created the only noble evil dragon since it was the most selfish one.
Wish with the worst consquences? Reviving all of Frieza's victims. It created Syn Shenron.

Even though reviving Frieza in RoF was said to be "the worst wish" it doesn't fit that title at all. It didn't do anything in the end. Frieza basically returned only to be killed again. He did as much as he did at the very start of androids arc in Z.
If we're bringing GT into this, then the fact we don't have a completely white-hearted dragon who selflessly assists the senshi is a massive in-universe plothole. Surely "the worst wish in history" would have had that effect.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.