Wishing For Something But Giving Something Up In Return.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Wishing For Something But Giving Something Up In Return.

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:05 pm

Since Granolah essentially went the Wonder Woman 1984 route by having his wish of being the strongest granted but giving his lifetime up in return, just what are the possibilities with other wishes could be done that have such a stipulation? Like say, becoming omniscient but sacrificing their strength in order to know everything?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Wishing For Something But Giving Something Up In Return.

Post by Lionel » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:57 am

I'm pretty sure their knowledge would be limited to the awareness of the dragon itself. Several times throughout the series you've had characters wish for knowledge or at least propose the idea of concerning various matters -- the Super Saiyan God form, the location of Gero's lab, ect. If you take away the obvious external circumstance of Toriyama not having conceived of the idea of consequences for wish making at the time of those past requests then the conclusion to make there is that no sacrifice was necessary.

Who knows though? It could be that to gain a vast repository of information a person's mind would have to be increased somehow. A condition like that might require a loss in life expectancy.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:11 am

I don't know how it work out, but you get to be the strongest but you lose your memory. You forget your name, where you are from, who your friends are, who your enemies are...

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:07 am

Wishing for planets or people to be brought back requires life or planets elsewhere in the universe to be destroyed.