Would Buu have been able to absorb Super's enemies?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jamtia

Would Buu have been able to absorb Super's enemies?

Post by Jamtia » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:56 am

Was watching some of the Buu saga the other day and it got me thinking. Would Majin Buu (any form really) been able to absorb

Beerus
Zamasu
Broly
Moro

Now this has nothing to do with plot or why would Buu do something like that? I am asking if these characters would be capable of getting out of Buu's absorbing technique, seeing as how the Saiyans had such a hard time with it.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Would Buu have been able to absorb Super's enemies?

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:34 am

Vegito was able to put up a shield so Beerus could also do that. Actually, he wouldn't even need a shield.

Zamasu would get absorbed, but only in the manga.

Broly in his base form can't resist it, but he can in his ikari form which initially rivaled SSG. So, no, Buu cannot absorb someone as strong.

Moro would get absorbed because Buu would have the full God ki at his disposal. That is old Moro.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:31 am

I think that Beerus has some sort of divine protection as a result of being a Hakaishin so it might not be possible to absorb him.
Zamasu would get absorbed since he isn't particularly resistant to magic or abilities(much like Shin), he just has immortality going for him in the category of defense.
Broly generates a little too much power to simply be absorbed so Boo would have to wait for an opportunity in which Broly isn't flaring up an aura or unleashing massive Ki blasts.
Moro could get absorbed but I think he might have some intuition about Boo's absorbing ability given that Moro himself is a magician, perhaps even flipping the tables on Boo and taking his life force.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:02 am

It's safe to say that Zamasu wouldn't fall for that cheap trick. Every single time Zamasu seemed to be cornered, he managed to turn the tables on his enemy. No chance he would let himself get absorbed.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:29 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:02 am It's safe to say that Zamasu wouldn't fall for that cheap trick. Every single time Zamasu seemed to be cornered, he managed to turn the tables on his enemy. No chance he would let himself get absorbed.
Except when he fell for the mafuba 👀

So I think if caught off guard he would get absorbed. We know buu can absorb kais.

I would say probably fused Zamasu is beyond absorption due to having Goku black who has Zuno’s knowledge of Goku so would maybe have heard about his fight with buu so would put up a barrier. (depends how much he really pushed Zuno for info)

We also know that Buu can absorb those stronger than him. But I guess it’s only really been those stronger but still not in a totally different realm of power.

Edit - actually thinking about it fused Zamasu didn’t know who Vegito was so he presumably wouldn’t have known to put up a barrier beforehand from that.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:35 am

Krillin1994 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:29 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:02 am It's safe to say that Zamasu wouldn't fall for that cheap trick. Every single time Zamasu seemed to be cornered, he managed to turn the tables on his enemy. No chance he would let himself get absorbed.
Except when he fell for the mafuba 👀

So I think if caught off guard he would get absorbed. We know buu can absorb kais.

I would say probably fused Zamasu is beyond absorption due to having Goku black who has Zuno’s knowledge of Goku so would maybe have heard about his fight with buu so would put up a barrier. (depends how much he really pushed Zuno for info)

We also know that Buu can absorb those stronger than him. But I guess it’s only really been those stronger but still not in a totally different realm of power.

Edit - actually thinking about it fused Zamasu didn’t know who Vegito was so he presumably wouldn’t have known to put up a barrier beforehand from that.
He didn't know Goku and Trunks learnt the Mafuba technique, he didn't even know that technique existed, so it's excusable.

Meanwhile Zamasu showed surprise that lowly mortals could defeat Majin Buu, meaning that he knew who Majin Buu was. I imagine that all the Gods knew who Majin Buu was, since word would spread fast throughout the cosmos that the entire Kai hierarchy of a universe was wiped out by a monster, and that the Grand Supreme Kai of that universe was somehow absorbed. So, since Zamasu knew who Buu was and knew he was a formidable opponent (again he was surprised mortals could defeat him), it's safe to say he had intel on his absoprtion technique.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:06 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:35 amI imagine that all the Gods knew who Majin Buu was
Beerus didn't. Neither did the Kaioshin of universe 9 during the exhibition tournament.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:09 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:06 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:35 amI imagine that all the Gods knew who Majin Buu was
Beerus didn't. Neither did the Kaioshin of universe 9 during the exhibition tournament.
That's because Beerus is an idiot who was sleeping around that time while the Kaioshin of the Universe 9... is also an idiot. Please don't compare these two rejects to Zamasu.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:35 am

I think it would work unless they saw it coming and reacted before the goop actually touched them. Vegito knew about the absorption beforehand, goads Buu into using it, and puts up a shield ahead of time. The other characters wouldn't have Vegito's fore knowledge and Buu would have the element of surprise.

Though, saying that, I'm sure that if this were to actually happen it just wouldn't work, because there's no way Toriyama or Toyo are going to want this technique to be relevant again :P

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:29 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:09 am
That's because Beerus is an idiot who was sleeping around that time while the Kaioshin of the Universe 9... is also an idiot. Please don't compare these two rejects to Zamasu.
I do think having a vague awareness like ‘oh Majin Buu is that guy who caused all those U7 Kais havoc’ is different to intimately being aware of his techniques. Though the extent of his knowledge on the matter we just won’t know.

Plus probably during that rampage he could’ve just been a U10 North Kai. Not the apprentice Kaioshin. So that could affect his level of knowledge.

The whole thing about Buu and his absorption is that he was very sneaky with it.

Black/Zamasu’s guard isn’t always up, so could defo be exploited. Heck they got shot by a Ki infused bullet from Mai too by surprise.

Could very much also argue that Future Zamasu has a lot of overconfidence in his immortality meaning he just lets a lot of attacks hit him because it doesn’t matter.

He could assume it might be some bind attack (like what buu did vs Majin Vegeta) and be willing to take it only for it to suddenly be too late.

Plus ye as Jack said the barrier was a predetermined plan not a response to it. Vegito always wanted to be absorbed so had it prepped ahead of time.

- I don’t think Zamasu in all his confidence and superiority would feel the need to have a shield up all the time. Unless he was way less confident in his abilities than he projected.

Also as an addendum I can’t recall the response to Majin Buu in the Zeno Exhibition - but if everyone knew about him I don’t think he got that much of a reaction to somehow being back?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:43 am

Krillin1994 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:29 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:09 am

I do think having a vague awareness like ‘oh Majin Buu is that guy who caused all those U7 Kais havoc’ is different to intimately being aware of his techniques. Though the extent of his knowledge on the matter we just won’t know.
Zamasu not only knew who Majin Buu was but he was also surprised that mortals could defeat him, so at the very least he knew that Buu was extremely powerful. Hence why he was surprised that a mortal killed him and not the Destroyer God. Besides since the Kais of the other universes know what Buu did, they likely also know about his absorption capabilities. If they know he killed the Supreme Kais of U7 then they must also know he absorbed the Grand Supreme Kai because 1) He looks like him after the battle 2) It all happened in the same battle basically.

So Yes it is very likely that Zamasu knew about Buu's absorption capabilities, word would have spread that the monster who killed the Supreme Kais also had the ability to absorb them.
Black/Zamasu’s guard isn’t always up, so could defo be exploited. Heck they got shot by a Ki infused bullet from Mai too by surprise.
Yeah but Zamasu and Black are also astronomically stronger than Majin Buu, like it's not even funny. Pretty sure either of them could just blast him to smithereens or teleport away upon seeing the absorption mass. Plus they have the Kai Kai technique which is the most advanced and fastest form of teleportation in the verse, it's even better than the Angel's teleportation technique. Since Whis would have taken days to reach Zeno's Palace, but Shin did it instantly.

So for example if Buu were to absorb Zamasu like he did with Gohan, Zamasu would have two paths ahead of him:

1) Either just blast everything around him with his massively greater power.

2) Just use Kai Kai to teleport away then finish off Buu.

But really Zamasu can just speed-blitz him since they are in two completely different levels of power. I could see Fused Zamasu playing around with his food, since that's what he did in canon against the Saiyans (it was noted by Vegeta that he could have killed them at any time he wanted, but was just toying with them), but realistically if Fused Zamasu realized something was off he'd delete Buu from existence in a fraction of one second.

I will acknowledge that Buu's absorption capabilities are an impressive hax, but hax can only carry you so far when the power gap between Z and Super (especially a later arc like the Future Trunks arc) is so astronomically massive.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:50 am

Boo has proven he can absorb stronger beings than himself so it becomes a question of whether or not his foes are intelligent or aware enough of his abilities to avoid absorption or use a Ki shield once he attempts it. Vegetto had already seen his absorption technique multiple times before, so I imagine someone who is experiencing it first time can probably fall prey to the attack. I'd say only Beerus and Jiren would not be caught off guard. Zamasu, Moro and Broly are either too cocky or reckless so they could be absorbed (especially Moro considering how he was being handled by Boo [a stronger Boo, but his abilities are what gave him the edge]).

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:40 am

I don't buy that Majin Buu can absorb anyone even if they are stronger than him. This to me is nonsense. That would mean that he could absorb even Zeno or the Angels, which is nonsensical. He can absorb people who are stronger than him but who are still in the general tier of power, like Gohan or SS Vegito. But he can't absorb someone who is in a completely different level of power.

And as the Moro arc shows, if you absorb someone who is way too powerful for you, your body will start to blow up and twist. Because there's a limit to how much a body can handle. So if Buu successfully absorbed someone like Goku Black or Fused Zamasu, he'd probably just blow up. There's only so much raw energy a body can contain before it explodes.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:49 am

Buu wouldn't blow up if he absorbs much stronger people, they might break loose if they weren't successfully absorbed but if he absorbs them, that's it, their power becomes his.

Absorbing an angel and its consequensces it's the outlier, not the norm. Plus, the point with Moro was that his body couldn't handle UI, not to mention Moro isn't made of weird pink independent slime that can shape itself to its convenience.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:58 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:40 amThat would mean that he could absorb even Zeno or the Angels, which is nonsensical.
It would be nonsensical because obviously Zeno and the angels, we assume, are aware enough to know how to counter his ability. Let us assume they're in some comatose state, would it be that unrealistic then? In a vacuum, Boo should be able to absorb anyone, nobody has out-muscled his ability, not even the vastly superior SS Vegetto (who, due to Gogeta's power in DBS: Broly, has been silently retconned to be much stronger than we originally thought by BoG), only by countering it through a specific use of Ki.
And as the Moro arc shows, if you absorb someone who is way too powerful for you, your body will start to blow up and twist. Because there's a limit to how much a body can handle. So if Buu successfully absorbed someone like Goku Black or Fused Zamasu, he'd probably just blow up. There's only so much raw energy a body can contain before it explodes.
Boo has no such problems because his body is inherently malleable. He jumped magnitudes in power throughout the entire arc by stealing someone else's power. His physical body is almost limitless in terms of its potential strength. I'm sure if Boo absorbed Goku or someone else capable of using Ultra Instinct, his body would be able to contain the power because he's stealing not only the ability, but the physical body it belongs to as well and incorporating its power into his own body.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:02 am

Zamasu is also aware of Majin Buu and his strength so those here who claim he would get absorbed are being disingenuous. We directly know that Zamasu has knowledge of Buu while it's only speculation for Zeno and Angels.

Also there's no evidence that Buu's malleable body somehow wouldn't give up if it had to contain too much power. Buu is not immortal nor does he have perfect regeneration capabilities, so eventually his body would run out of capacity. There's only so much power you can hoard before you start blowing up.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:10 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:02 am Zamasu is also aware of Majin Buu and his strength so those here who claim he would get absorbed are being disingenuous. We directly know that Zamasu has knowledge of Buu while it's only speculation for Zeno and Angels.
He's aware of his existence, but we have no confirmation if he's aware of his absorption technique. Let us assume Shin has talked about it to the other Kaioshin and so Boo's techniques are common knowledge, Zamasu has repeatedly shown both in the anime and the manga a willingness to let down his guard because of his immortality. He has been repeatedly caught by surprise, see: the Mafuba, the tear gas in the anime, Vegeta's Gamma Burst Flash, Goku's Hakai, etc.
Also there's no evidence that Buu's malleable body somehow wouldn't give up if it had to contain too much power. Buu is not immortal nor does he have perfect regeneration capabilities, so eventually his body would run out of capacity. There's only so much power you can hoard before you start blowing up.
We have no proof that Boo's body has a physical limit besides being obliterated at the atomic level. As I said before, it's not like he is merely stealing someone's ability, he is effectively stealing someone's physical body and incorporating it into his own strength. It is less a 7-3 copy and more of a Goku Black situation, someone using someone else's strength (without the need to adapt and slowly learn how to use the body's power) - as long as the host can handle whichever power he's using, so can Boo.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:13 am

Yuji wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:58 am Boo has no such problems because his body is inherently malleable. He jumped magnitudes in power throughout the entire arc by stealing someone else's power. His physical body is almost limitless in terms of its potential strength. I'm sure if Boo absorbed Goku or someone else capable of using Ultra Instinct, his body would be able to contain the power because he's stealing not only the ability, but the physical body it belongs to as well and incorporating its power into his own body.
This makes sense. Moro's problem was the limits of his body, having the firepower but not the cannon that shoots it. He needed a "better" body, while Buu's body would just mould itself to fit the "cannon" that holds the firepower... unless that cannon isn't letting itself be absorbed.
Besides, absence of evidence isn't evidence.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:15 am

Yuji wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:10 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:02 am Zamasu is also aware of Majin Buu and his strength so those here who claim he would get absorbed are being disingenuous. We directly know that Zamasu has knowledge of Buu while it's only speculation for Zeno and Angels.
He's aware of his existence, but we have no confirmation if he's aware of his absorption technique. Let us assume Shin has talked about it to the other Kaioshin and so Boo's techniques are common knowledge, Zamasu has repeatedly shown both in the anime and the manga a willingness to let down his guard because of his immortality. He has been repeatedly caught by surprise, see: the Mafuba, the tear gas in the anime, Vegeta's Gamma Burst Flash, Goku's Hakai, etc.
We have no proof that Boo's body has a physical limit besides being obliterated at the atomic level. As I said before, it's not like he is merely stealing someone's ability, he is effectively stealing someone's physical body and incorporating it into his own strength. It is less a 7-3 copy and more of a Goku Black situation, someone using someone else's strength (without the need to adapt and slowly learn how to use the body's power) - as long as the host can handle whichever power he's using, so can Boo.
Okay let me ask you something then, if Majin Buu completely counters and could easily absorb Zamasu, why was he never brought up when looking for means to defeat Zamasu? There is an exact scene where the team are wondering how they are going to defeat the Immortal Zamasu, and the only solution put forward is the Mafuba technique. No one ever brought up Majin Buu, despite knowing full well that Buu can absorb people, so he could have absorbed the Immortal Zamasu.

Maybe it's because Zamasu might counter that technique after all, since he's in a completely different level of power and can instantly teleport just with a single thought :think:

Every technique has a counter, it is foolish to think that Buu is somehow invincible.

And this entire thread is assuming that a fight would last that long, if Zamasu were to fight Buu he would literally speed-blitz him ala Vegeta vs. Frost.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:23 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:15 amOkay let me ask you something then, if Majin Buu completely counters and could easily absorb Zamasu, why was he never brought up when looking for means to defeat Zamasu? There is an exact scene where the team are wondering how they are going to defeat the Immortal Zamasu, and the only solution put forward is the Mafuba technique. No one ever brought up Majin Buu, despite knowing full well that Buu can absorb people, so he could have absorbed the Immortal Zamasu.

Maybe it's because Zamasu might counter that technique after all, since he's in a completely different level of power and can instantly teleport just with a single thought :think:

Every technique has a counter, it is foolish to think that Buu is somehow invincible.

And this entire thread is assuming that a fight would last that long, if Zamasu were to fight Buu he would literally speed-blitz him ala Vegeta vs. Frost.
Nobody has made the argument that Boo could defeat any of the fighters mentioned in a traditional fight. The question was whether or not he could absorb them, and I can imagine multiple scenarios where said characters could conceivably be absorbed. The only characters I can't imagine being absorbed (angels and Zeno notwithstanding because of their borderline omnipotence), as I said, are Beerus, because the story has made it abundantly clear that he's almost flawless as a fighter and wields the almighty strength of plot armor, and Jiren because he never lets down his guard. Moro has been surprised by Boo's techniques before, Broly is mindless, and Zamasu has gotten cocky and let down his guard more times than I can count even against weaker opponents such as Goku, Vegeta and Trunks (despite his instant teleportation which you insist on). Nobody said Boo himself is invincible, only that his absorption technique seems to have no counter once you're wrapped in it besides knowing beforehand that he's going to use it and prepare yourself adequately. As such, characters like Zamasu who get caught off guard very frequently, could very easily get caught in it and be unable to counter.