How do you guys suppose the Saiyans and the entire Freeza Force scouted worlds before conquering them?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

How do you guys suppose the Saiyans and the entire Freeza Force scouted worlds before conquering them?

Post by Yasai9001 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:43 pm

One of the most significant parts of Freeza's method of planetary conquest was making sure that the planets he sold would provide to be of a great sale prior to making the decision to having it conquered and sold off or not. I recall how Bardock had mentioned to Gine that Earth had resources that was suitable enough for Goku's survival all the while saying that the people there were weak. I observed how Vegeta mentioned how he was aware of the fact that the Cerealians had a sniper specialty despite the fact that he was only a child and wasn't apart of that conquest.

it appears that the Saiyans and Freeza's other soldiers already had solid information on a planet's resources and the citizens of these worlds prior to having them conquered. So I propose a question to you guys (though it may seem obvious).

How do you think they scouted these planets before deciding if they were going to have them conquered or not? Hell, Earth never even popped up on Freeza's radar to be sold because they didn't see the planet as a valuable world to sell.

Do you suppose that they had weaker subordinates within the Freeza Force go out as scouts to look over these planets? In my opinion, I'd say it's a reasonable assumption.

I also think that due to their advanced technology that they may have had some kind of microscopic bots go out to observe the planet's soil, resources, and scan the people's power-level, to which all the information is somehow transferred to the Freeza Force's databases and placed in a list of a plethora of other planets to conquer.

It has me thinking about the little robot that appeared in the movie that featured Turles and The Tree of Might. Despite being a non-canon movie, something equivalent to that would be a reasonable explanation as to how Freeza's Forces manages to collect such information on planets and their people.

Or just maybe Freeza, with his money and resources, would have associates that are capable of scouting in their own way, come back to report to him in some fashion. Given the kind of technology these guys have, any of this is plausible, though I was simply curious as to gain some insight from other Dragon Ball fans regarding the matter.

I don't know if any of you have put any thought into this, though it was something I believed to be an interesting and thought provoking topic. So please feel free to share your opinions.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How do you guys suppose the Saiyans and the entire Freeza Force scouted worlds before conquering them?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:49 pm

I don't see why they couldn't just fly by the planet in spaceships and use scouters while in orbit to detect any strong power levels.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How do you guys suppose the Saiyans and the entire Freeza Force scouted worlds before conquering them?

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:48 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:49 pm I don't see why they couldn't just fly by the planet in spaceships and use scouters while in orbit to detect any strong power levels.
Pretty much this, but instead of power levels, you scans for resources and minerals. Sort of like Mass Effect 2's scanners.

The only reason to care about power levels is potential recruitments, or defenders of a mineral rich planet.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:12 am

They probably had drones hovering around planets and getting info. Maybe even a complex system that kept track of different planets' satellite feeds. Or sending out scientists and other "office workers" so to speak to covertly inspect planets.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:33 am

IIRC, a filler scene depicted Freeza's spaceship with the capability of scanning a planet's population, it's environment, and any natural resources that it has so that might answer the question. Freeza's base world could also detect power levels from at least billions of miles away which means they wouldn't even need to get close to a planet to detect the populace's power levels, just know where the planet is on their space map and scan remotely.
As for infiltration, I don't think that is Freeza's style. He conquers worlds openly & violently instead of sneaking around and pulling strings like Frost does.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:10 am

Yeah, I agree with the others. Planetary traits like topography, climate, soil quality, available resources and others are areas of interest for them. I suspect that if the planet happens to be particularly rich in resources or advantageous in its position in the galaxy then Freeza may just forego putting it on the market and claiming it for his personal imperial use.

Do you think Freeza holds any interest in stars, satellite formations or gaseous substances? I'm sure he must be aware of the chemical and resource prospects of those bodies, not just planets.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:50 pm

Lionel wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:10 am Yeah, I agree with the others. Planetary traits like topography, climate, soil quality, available resources and others are areas of interest for them. I suspect that if the planet happens to be particularly rich in resources or advantageous in its position in the galaxy then Freeza may just forego putting it on the market and claiming it for his personal imperial use.

Do you think Freeza holds any interest in stars, satellite formations or gaseous substances? I'm sure he must be aware of the chemical and resource prospects of those bodies, not just planets.
I'm not well informed on satellite formations or gaseous substances. If you elaborate on that and gave me a general idea of what it was, I could look it up, and will gladly share my opinion on the matter. For the moment, I will say that I am 100 percent sure that Freeza will look at anything and everything that could possibly make him more profit due to selling or if it was any other matter that he could use for his own benefit.