If you didn't choose to wish back everyone else in the ToP (because you assumed it wasn't allowed)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

If you didn't choose to wish back everyone else in the ToP (because you assumed it wasn't allowed)

Post by TobyS » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:00 am

So one thing that bugged me.

Zeno wanted to erase universe's.

He holds the ToP.

I just assumed the entire time that it wouldn't be an option to do that as it'd go against Zenos will. No one could know about the stupid anime only retcon it was a moral test by Zenos who never gave a shit before.

I assumed the best we could do. And the best out of universe solution to U7 getting smaller was to merge the universes allowing characters to interact going forward.

I was surprised this didn't end up being the case.

So I wonder if a fighter thought like I did and assumed it wasn't an option the revive the universe's or even assumed merging them would be against the spirit of the assumed rule and made a selfish wish, or a selfless one that affects only their own universe.... What would happen?

I think the GP could probably read their mind and say, no go ahead and make your first wish it's cool.

What do you think?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If you didn't choose to wish back everyone else in the ToP (because you assumed it wasn't allowed)

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:23 am

While the tournament was still ongoing in the anime, I remember speculating that if someone wished back the erased universes, the Zenos might just immediately erase them all again. That would have been kind of funny, in a black humor type of way.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: If you didn't choose to wish back everyone else in the ToP (because you assumed it wasn't allowed)

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:43 pm

Having two universes fusing into one would be confusing. I always thought Universe 11 would win and Jiren change his mind on Goku or they only wish back one universe (Universe 6).
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

MajinPopo

Post by MajinPopo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:44 pm

That's the point. If you let the whims and decisions of your superiors stop you from making moral choices, and only made moral choices because you thought it was "allowed" and sanctioned, then you weren't acting from a place of pure morality anyway.

Informing the participants of the morality rule would have resulted in them acting untrue to themselves, and potentially coming from a place of false morality.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:36 pm

MajinPopo wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:44 pm That's the point. If you let the whims and decisions of your superiors stop you from making moral choices, and only made moral choices because you thought it was "allowed" and sanctioned, then you weren't acting from a place of pure morality anyway.

Informing the participants of the morality rule would have resulted in them acting untrue to themselves, and potentially coming from a place of false morality.
I agree telling them would null the result of the test, but I don't think superiors stopping you makes you less moral, this isnt like standing up to nazis where you can kill some and inspire resistance in others. Zenos power is absolute.

Reviving just U6 might be the most moral choice you feel you can successfully get away with, and you are morally obligated to not cut your nose to spite your face or let great be the enemy of the good or whatever and save who you can.

I assume GP would read your mind in this case IF that was your exact logic as you meant to make the wish.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:55 pm

I really wish that the universes had been combined instead of simply being wished back, if only because it meant that we had a higher chance of seeing the characters again. Broly, Moro and now Granollah are all still in Universe 7.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:07 am

Having watched Masaskox' what if series' on yt, in one series, Jiren ended up winning the TOP, and his wish was simple: That the TOP never happened. And if the TOP never happened, than all the universes that were erased, wouldn't. It'd be a way to screw Zeno of his machination, and not (potentially) piss him off by wishing to reverse his decree.
TobyS wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:00 am And the best out of universe solution to U7 getting smaller was to merge the universes allowing characters to interact going forward.
Man that would have been smart. Sadly, too smart. Big Brain Plays and Dragonball don't mix.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:18 am

FoolsGil wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:07 am Having watched Masaskox' what if series' on yt, in one series, Jiren ended up winning the TOP, and his wish was simple: That the TOP never happened. And if the TOP never happened, than all the universes that were erased, wouldn't. It'd be a way to screw Zeno of his machination, and not (potentially) piss him off by wishing to reverse his decree.
TobyS wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:00 am And the best out of universe solution to U7 getting smaller was to merge the universes allowing characters to interact going forward.
Man that would have been smart. Sadly, too smart. Big Brain Plays and Dragonball don't mix.
How is that smart? That would have destroyed the other universes mystic and how it is to live they.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:44 am

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:18 am That would have destroyed the other universes mystic and how it is to live they.
Can you give that another shot? I don't understand any of that.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:10 pm

In the manga wishing the top didn't happen would mean Goku didn't interrupt the Zenos destroying all the participating universe's before he reminded them about the top lol

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:28 pm

TobyS wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:10 pm In the manga wishing the top didn't happen would mean Goku didn't interrupt the Zenos destroying all the participating universe's before he reminded them about the top lol
Could be handwaved that even the Super Dragonballs can't affect the Zenos. they could effectively keep the memory of the events, and that would be enough to keep them satisfied and believe the universes are worth keeping around.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:10 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:44 am
Jiren The Alpha wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:18 am That would have destroyed the other universes mystic and how it is to live they.
That would have destroyed the mystic of the other universes and what it would be like to live they.....is what i meant to say, I don't no what happend to my sentence they, my bad :lol:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:12 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:10 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:44 am
That would have destroyed the mystic of the other universes and what it would be like to live they.....is what i meant to say, I don't no what happend to my sentence they, my bad :lol:
Ah I understand now.

Okay, so the thing about losing mysticism, is there was none to begin with. Toriyama, Toyotaro, Toei and their Writers Table just don't have anything and want fans to speculate on their own. We've known about 12 universes since Battle of Gods came out in 2013, 8 years later and we still don't know anything substantial. We don't even know who were the strongest fighters from the universes exempt from the TOP. At least if all the universes were combined into one (including the 6 erased from Zeno previously, to set a future arc) then we would have all kinds of potential allies and enemies, and mysticism would actually be built because the people in charge would actually have to come up with stuff, instead of sitting on their hands for almost a decade.