State of the Restored Universes?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MajinPopo

State of the Restored Universes?

Post by MajinPopo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:04 pm

When we were first introduced to the concept of multiple universes, wasn't it stated that there were originally more universes than the current amount who took place in the ToP? There were universes with high enough Mortal Levels to avoid the contest completely, but I'm talking about the universes outside of those few, the ones that were apparently erased prior to the events of Super.

I can't remember the exact count, but they definitely showed that prior universes had existed and been destroyed.

With that in mind, do you think they were inadvertently restored from Android 17's wish to restore all the universes? Or did this wish extend solely to the ones who were destroyed during the Tournament of Power?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: State of the Restored Universes?

Post by Grimlock » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:20 pm

Since this is Dragon Ball Super, pretty much known for wasting opportunities, I'm sure Android 17's wish is only for the Universes that were erased in the tournament.

There's really no reason to expect they would take this opportunity to bring the other six Universes back.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MajinPopo

Re: State of the Restored Universes?

Post by MajinPopo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:13 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:20 pm Since this is Dragon Ball Super, pretty much known for wasting opportunities, I'm sure Android 17's wish is only for the Universes that were erased in the tournament.

There's really no reason to expect they would take this opportunity to bring the other six Universes back.
Heh, that's true. But it's also not stated that they didn't. So they could probably retcon that, if they decided to.

Having a few mystery universes that were apparently so bad that they had to be erased prior to the events of Super, suddenly exist again, really opens up the door for some odd villains and characters.