Between Vegetto and Gogeta, which of them should get Ultra Instinct and Ultra Ego?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Between Vegetto and Gogeta, which of them should get Ultra Instinct and Ultra Ego?

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:38 pm

If they could only use one or the other.

Vegetto with Ultra Instinct and Gogeta with Ultra Ego.

Or Gogeta with Instinct and Vegetto with Ego?

nickzambuto

Re: Between Vegetto and Gogeta, which of them should get Ultra Instinct and Ultra Ego?

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:40 pm

Personally I think Vegetto is more suited to Instinct because he has that laid back and reactive attitude.

Gogeta is more suited to Ego because (at least in the Janemba movie) he was all about destroying the enemy as quickly and efficiently as possible. He really only thinks about destruction.

Anonymous Friend

Re: Between Vegetto and Gogeta, which of them should get Ultra Instinct and Ultra Ego?

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:41 pm

Niether get either. Fusion is already a powerup. The only thing they should get are more Super Sayain forms.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:41 pm

Since the Broly movie, I consider them the same person, just with slightly different physical traits due to the different fusion process.
Which is why I like that in the French Anime Comics, Gogeta says "with the potalas, my name was Vegetto", showing he feels like it was him all along and that Vegetto is not somebody else.

So since I consider they're the same person, I consider that either they can both access both forms (because they have access to both Goku's mastery and Vegeta's mastery so they can enter either state of mind at will) or that they are both locked out of both forms (because Vegeta's restlessness taints the fusion's mind and prevents the access to Ultra Instinct, and Goku's lack of destructive will taints the fusion's mind and prevents the access to Ultra Ego).

Imagine Person A is afraid of heights, but perfectly at ease underwater.
Person B is afraid of water, but perfectly at ease at high attitude.
Then if they fuse, what happens for the fusion whom they are both part of?
Is Person B influencing the fusion so that it can't feel perfectly at ease in the water, and Person A influencing it so that it can't be 100% at ease with heights either? In that case, the fusion loses both advantages.
Or is the confidence Person B has with heights erasing Person A's fears and vice versa, just adding the positive and expertise, and making the fusion 100% at ease both with water and heights?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:45 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:41 pm or that they are both locked out of both forms
Vegeta's lack of Spirit Focus didn't mean the Fusions couldn't use Instant Transmission though, so I guess the Fusions are really so overpowered they now could access.. both forms :lol:

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:51 pm

Hmm... I'd reiterate most of what Cold Skin said. I mean, they are ultimately the same guy, the sum of the same constituent parts. Both could wield either depending on the mood and circumstance, but I guess if I had to choose, Vegetto's "come at me bro" attitude might lend itself to Ultra Ego since he's more willing to tank hits for the sake of styling on enemies. Gogeta comes off as slightly more stoic and efficient in his fighting style, striking weak points and whatnot. I dunno. Arguments could be made either way.

We're getting to an interesting stage where Goku and Vegeta are almost stronger individually than they would be fused. As Ultra Instinct and Ego are conflicting mindsets that only one respective fusee can use, Gogeta and Vegetto may not be able to use these forms effectively (and even if they did, the sheer power drain might defuse them instantly). Feels like Toriyama's always finding excuses to phase out Fusion, if it weren't for the marketing power it has, he probably would've done after Super Saiyan God.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:39 am

Let's imagine a scale?

Ultra Instinct (Goku) _______[X]________|______[Y]_________ Ultra Ego (Vegeta)

X = Gogeta
Y= Vegito

Gogeta may lean or resemble Goku more than Vegeta, but he still has too much of Vegeta's influence to use the ultra instinct technique.

And while Vegito may resemble Vegeta more than Goku, he still has too much of Goku in him to give into ego completely.

In the Resurrection F arc, the way Whis describes Goku and Vegeta's personalities, the scale seems more like this:

Too Relaxed [G]_______________|_______________[V] Not Relaxed

G= Goku
V= Vegeta
Middle point= Ultra Instinct

It's possible that if they had fused at this point in the story, they would have been able to use Ultra Instinct as a fusion.

But, Goku and Vegeta have changed too much since then. Goku found the right balance and Vegeta went in his own direction

Ironixie

Post by Ironixie » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:41 pm

Gogeta should get Ultra Ego, because he'll likely end the fight quicker and will have less likelihood of a chance to let the battle lust get to him.

Vegito Ultra Instinct because he kinda likes being a dick and dodging his opponent with his arms behind his back.