Could the Spirit of Time be used properly even if Kami was dead?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Could the Spirit of Time be used properly even if Kami was dead?

Post by Yasai9001 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:43 pm

I've tried to look for sources regarding the matter but haven't been able to come up with a proper answer; I come here hoping someone would set me straight about this topic.

So let us say, hypothetically speaking, Kami died before Piccolo had the chance to fuse with him, or Android 17 and/or Cell happened to kill Piccolo subsequent to his reunion with Kami, could the Room of Spirit and Time/Hyperbolic Time Chamber still be used for an entire day prior to the doors vanishing and the people inside being locked in?

Say, if Kami were dead, that the room of spirit and time wouldn't be allowed to be used at all as how it's always been meant to.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Could the Spirit of Time be used properly even if Kami was dead?

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:19 pm

It would seem that is the case. Otherwise in the future timeline not even Mr. Popo had the brain to contact Gohan about the room, let alone anyone else.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:46 am

Damn that makes total sense, adds more reason to grab Dende, Goku never using it before Namek to heal faster in Saiyan saga.

AND explains why the future timeline couldn't use it.

Good work OP.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:39 am

Well for a time the Dragon Balls were defunct due to Kami's existence being undone thanks to his assimilation by Piccolo. If the Room of Spirit and Time was intrinsically linked to Kami's survival then wouldn't the door have disappeared after Kami's disappearance?

I think the room can be developed and manipulated by the deity presiding over Earth but it seems to exist independently of their well-being.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:25 am

I don't think it is necessarily that Kami/Piccolo has to be alive for the room to be used, it's just that only a Kami can allow it's door to be remade in the event that it gets destroyed or vanishes from being overused. I presume that the Androids destroyed Kami's Temple in the future timeline and thus, the door also disappeared which is why Trunks & Gohan never used it. Yajirobi also mentioned that Karin was gone so it leads me to believe that the Androids targeted known locations of the Z Senshi that were used for training to prevent them from being able to become strong enough to fight back.
Trunks' Future was utterly bleak so I'm not surprised if all of their advantages were simply non-existent.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:56 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:19 pm It would seem that is the case. Otherwise in the future timeline not even Mr. Popo had the brain to contact Gohan about the room, let alone anyone else.
Different version of Gohan, with a different potential. That Gohan plateaued long ago without Goku. I don't think the time room would have made a difference.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:37 pm

Peach wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:56 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:19 pm It would seem that is the case. Otherwise in the future timeline not even Mr. Popo had the brain to contact Gohan about the room, let alone anyone else.
Different version of Gohan, with a different potential. That Gohan plateaued long ago without Goku. I don't think the time room would have made a difference.
He wouldnt have reached SS2 or like ascended ss1 or whatever, but hed easily get strong than the androids in two years, he was over half as strong as 17 before he went in.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:58 am

TobyS wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:37 pm
Peach wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:56 pm
He wouldnt have reached SS2 or like ascended ss1 or whatever, but hed easily get strong than the androids in two years, he was over half as strong as 17 before he went in.
Eh. I still think that it's a different character practically. Just like how Future 17 didn't get stronger from terrorizing Earth, but got insanely strong in the present timeline from being a park ranger. Gohan needed Goku to bring out his potential. And he doesn't respond well to constant vigorous training, he gets stronger with breaks.

BladeXRG

Post by BladeXRG » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:14 pm

No, since when Kami and Piccolo merged the Dragon Balls became stones but they still were able to use the Room of Time and Spirit.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:40 pm

I think no, but anything is possible with how the series is handled today.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.