Cell Jrs make no sense

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Cell Jrs make no sense

Post by DSB » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:10 am

So a Cell jr is stronger than Semi Perfect Cell right?

So if Cell made 7 of them, wouldnt he lose a significant amount of power while making them to give them the Ki needed?

Yet he lost no power at all

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Cell Jrs make no sense

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:42 am

Well he didn't split, he literally reproduced. Goku didn't lose any power when he fathered Gohan and Goten.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:09 am

Cell did not "split" when he produced his Cell Jrs. You might be confusing Namekian/Cell's reproduction with Tenshinhan's multi-form technique but it isn't the same thing.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:13 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:42 am Well he didn't split, he literally reproduced. Goku didn't lose any power when he fathered Gohan and Goten.
To be fair, in Cell's case, these things were literally born of his body and energy and were conceived and born instantly instead of over a 9 month period, so theoretically, it's reasonable to assume he would have lost a considerable amount of energy to create beings nearly as strong as he himself was.

That said, I never had a problem with the Cell Jrs. but instead of #18's placement in Cell's body and now with Super confirming it, #17's as well. How and where were these two inside of Cell? I'd always thought he had managed to "digest" #17 and was in the process of doing the same with #18. Even then, Cell's final form was not so big to allow a fully developed grown woman to sit inside of him to the side somewhere, and now we know #17 was there too ... like what :think:

I'm thinking that he did manage to break them both down to a molecular or cellular level and that somehow their "genetic template" or memory or whatever you want to call it ... maybe "genetic save data" allowed them to be recalled when he suffered enough damage. Perhaps this was part of his design from the beginning, as a failsafe. That's a lot of headcanon.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:25 am

If I remember correctly Piccolo Daimão lost power when making his sons.

If he does, Cell should had as well. Since I assume his ability stems from his Namekian DNA.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:49 am

Yeah piccolo lost lifespan as well as it looking physically taxing on him in the moment

I never liked how he could make that many copies that close to his own power at no cost. You'd think why not just make 1000 they should be able to beat him and Gohan imo.

But it is what it is.

Perhaps it did tire him but with his crazy regen and Freeza and other creatures durability/lifespan he was fine by the time he fought Gohan.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:04 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:49 am Yeah piccolo lost lifespan as well as it looking physically taxing on him in the moment

I never liked how he could make that many copies that close to his own power at no cost. You'd think why not just make 1000 they should be able to beat him and Gohan imo.

But it is what it is.

Perhaps it did tire him but with his crazy regen and Freeza and other creatures durability/lifespan he was fine by the time he fought Gohan.
Well maybe they decreased his lifespan but not his power. We don't know how long his lifespan would have been anyway. If making each one cut a few years off of a 1000+ year lifespan, it's not such a bad deal.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:35 pm

Nothing about Cell really makes sense. He can survive his upper half being blown off despite that being where his nucleus is. He can make 7 creatures as strong as super saiyan grade 2s seemingly without using any energy. He loses stamina while fighting but for some reason blowing himself regenerates all of his stamina if he manages to survive (this is separate from being able to make use of zenkais). Gero was really just a genius I suppose. Between Cell and the androids having infinite stamina, he was basically capable of magic.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:58 pm

Maybe if he waited a little longer to host the Cell Games, until he finished digesting 18(if that was the case), he would have been much stronger...

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:34 pm

LightBing wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:25 am If I remember correctly Piccolo Daimão lost power when making his sons.

If he does, Cell should had as well. Since I assume his ability stems from his Namekian DNA.
He didn't appear to lose any power when he produced Drum. The fact that he was young again might explain that though.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:42 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:34 pm
LightBing wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:25 am If I remember correctly Piccolo Daimão lost power when making his sons.

He didn't appear to lose any power when he produced Drum. The fact that he was young again might explain that though.
If that's the case then the Cell Jrs are consistent with what was previously established. Crazy broken ability.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:25 pm

Nothing about Super really makes sense.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:49 pm

Trouser wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:25 pm Nothing about Super really makes sense.
...This is about the original manga.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:56 pm

Trouser wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:25 pm Nothing about Super really makes sense.
I dont love Super, but some reading before posting would be nice.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:47 am

Jack Bz wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:35 pm Nothing about Cell really makes sense. He can survive his upper half being blown off despite that being where his nucleus is. He can make 7 creatures as strong as super saiyan grade 2s seemingly without using any energy. He loses stamina while fighting but for some reason blowing himself regenerates all of his stamina if he manages to survive (this is separate from being able to make use of zenkais). Gero was really just a genius I suppose. Between Cell and the androids having infinite stamina, he was basically capable of magic.
Seriously. I get its a kids show but some semblance of logic would have been nice. Hate that arc.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:46 am

Have to agree. The Daizenshuu even acknowledges its similarities to the Namekian reproductive process.

Birthing Cell Juniors
First Appearance: Chapter 406
Category: ability
People: Cell
Special Characteristics: This is a technique where Cell, after reaching his perfect form, creates children with the same abilities as him from out of his tail that he has to absorb life energy. Cell can freely control the number of children created. Each of the children then has roughly the same amount of power and speed as Cell. This special ability could be said to be a developed version the Namekian Piccolo’s ability to create offspring. (Daizenshuu 2, p.214)

Unless it's clarified that Gero refined the reproductive process during his genetic experimentations I feel like we could look at this as an unexplained oddity. A Namekian esque process of producing offspring that doesn't seem to have any adverse effects for the progenitor. Does that make sense?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:00 am

Lionel wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:46 am Have to agree. The Daizenshuu even acknowledges its similarities to the Namekian reproductive process.

Birthing Cell Juniors
First Appearance: Chapter 406
Category: ability
People: Cell
Special Characteristics: This is a technique where Cell, after reaching his perfect form, creates children with the same abilities as him from out of his tail that he has to absorb life energy. Cell can freely control the number of children created. Each of the children then has roughly the same amount of power and speed as Cell. This special ability could be said to be a developed version the Namekian Piccolo’s ability to create offspring. (Daizenshuu 2, p.214)

Unless it's clarified that Gero refined the reproductive process during his genetic experimentations I feel like we could look at this as an unexplained oddity. A Namekian esque process of producing offspring that doesn't seem to have any adverse effects for the progenitor. Does that make sense?

If you consider the fact that there are two beings with infinite energy inside of Cell as well as being generally enhanced from the combined physiology of his cellular progenitors to begin with, then yes.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:24 pm

theherodjl wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:00 am If you consider the fact that there are two beings with infinite energy inside of Cell as well as being generally enhanced from the combined physiology of his cellular progenitors to begin with, then yes.
Well, there you go. That's the best answer. Cell is a birthing factory with an infinite supply of power. Though it makes no sense that he lost power after his fight with Goku if this is the case.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:42 am Well he didn't split, he literally reproduced. Goku didn't lose any power when he fathered Gohan and Goten.
Hmm... Gotta say, that ain't the best allegory. Goku didn't get pregnant and carry Gohan or Goten for nine months, but I'm sure Chichi wasn't 100% for that time, lol.

Anyway, yeah... For Cell to spontaneously reproduce not one but seven near-equally powerful offspring in quick succession, without sacrificing any stamina or energy at all, doesn't make much sense whichever way you swing it, but then very little about Cell does. Villain power in full effect.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:29 am

Jack Bz wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:35 pm Nothing about Cell really makes sense. He can survive his upper half being blown off despite that being where his nucleus is. He can make 7 creatures as strong as super saiyan grade 2s seemingly without using any energy. He loses stamina while fighting but for some reason blowing himself regenerates all of his stamina if he manages to survive (this is separate from being able to make use of zenkais). Gero was really just a genius I suppose. Between Cell and the androids having infinite stamina, he was basically capable of magic.
Smart post dude.
The whole Cell fight like the author was cheating the reader just to extend the fight. It was one BS cop-out after another.
I especially like your point about him blowing up. The guy should constantly blow himself up. No one could stop him and he gets stronger each time.