What Kind Of Transformations Could Non-Saiyan Characters Get?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: What Kind Of Transformations Could Non-Saiyan Characters Get?

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:27 pm

Tenshinhan should get a Third Eye transformation, unlocking the apparently Godly potential of that, as others have suggested here and in the past. Maybe get a kind of battle precognition along with some insane Kintoki/Granolah-esque accuracy boosts?

Kuririn should get a nose. Perhaps he could use it to breathe in the latent ki in the air and amp his power. (Whatever it specifically does, I feel it would be a misstep if Kuririn's 'transformation' weren't a silly gag at the same time as being useful.)

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:40 am

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:27 pm Tenshinhan should get a Third Eye transformation, unlocking the apparently Godly potential of that, as others have suggested here and in the past. Maybe get a kind of battle precognition along with some insane Kintoki/Granolah-esque accuracy boosts?
I'd suggest that Tenshinhan develop a fourth eye that exists in the 4th/another dimension and gives him clarity from another angle that is imperceptible to most. Or perhaps he 'downgrades' into a cyclops except his single eye acts like an all-seeing eye and allows him 360-degree vision?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:41 pm

My issue with this is that they had a perfect out always available. Just give them all Kaioken and non saiyans could have been as strong as the plot required at any time.

Up against Frieza? No problem kaioken x 1 million.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:13 pm

TheMikado wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:41 pm My issue with this is that they had a perfect out always available. Just give them all Kaioken and non saiyans could have been as strong as the plot required at any time.

Probably wouldn't even be enough since Freeza has more power in his pinky than Super Vegetto. At this rate, a literal "Kaio-ken x40 millions!"(DBM reference) wouldn't be able to match opponents on the current SSJB-tier.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:49 pm

theherodjl wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:13 pm
TheMikado wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:41 pm My issue with this is that they had a perfect out always available. Just give them all Kaioken and non saiyans could have been as strong as the plot required at any time.

Probably wouldn't even be enough since Freeza has more power in his pinky than Super Vegetto. At this rate, a literal "Kaio-ken x40 millions!"(DBM reference) wouldn't be able to match opponents on the current SSJB-tier.
It at least makes more sense than Jiren vs Roshi

BootyCheeksJohnson
Beyond Newbie

Post by BootyCheeksJohnson » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:42 am

Hypothetically speaking they could all get Ultra Instinct if they trained hard enough. But this is unlikely because Whis mentioned that you could train an entire lifetime and not achieve it. In the recent manga arc Whis even chastised Goku for relying on transforming his body to achieve ultra instinct when his goal should be to use it naturally.
We need a Steve Simmons retranslation of the manga.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:55 am

I would like to see Piccolo ask Porunga to take his place in the Namekian dragon balls and then for Gohan to wish his freedom by retaining their power. Piccolo could then be the wish granting Namekian in battle: revive the dead, heal their wounds, restore energy, teleport them, etc.

I would like to see Yamcha develop an inner animal projection technique that allows him to cover himself with the image of a wolf in his opponents' eyes for intimidation. This kind of happens for style in the series, but I would like it to be permanent, instead of in a few strokes.

Yin Yang

Post by Yin Yang » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:00 pm

BWri wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:06 pm

Tien's probably the most interesting one. Half a decade ago I theorized that he could be a member of a Hindu-esque alien race of war gods due to his 3rd eye and ability to grow two additional arms out of his back which even Namekians don't seem able to do. The theory I came up with was that a combination of Tien's life draining skills, Kikoho and Kiaoken put such a strain on his body that it finally pushed him to his physical limit as a human and in response, his body awakened his war god blood and pushed him into a full transformation. The War God transformation gives Tien thick crimson colored skin (similar to the body hardening technique he used against Yamcha in the anime) and automatically grows two to four additional arms. It is visually similar to Asura, Hindu war god and protagonist of Asura's Wrath.
I also came up with a asura-like, red-skinned 4 arm transformation for Tien when speculating on how Tien could be powered up :lol: . As far as powers I would give him, it would be a Karma Sense. Basically Karma Sense would be an ability where Tien can vaguely feel if any action(s) or inaction(s) has, is or will lead to good, bad or mixed results for anyone, thus he can always orient himself in the right direction so that he has an abundance of good karma. I figured this ability could either come with the transformation or another option is getting elder kai to unlock the myriad powers of his 3rd eye and without any transformation.

This would be a good ability in and out battle. Out of battle Tien could improve though training, at a very fast rate. In battle he could optimize his battle tactics.

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:34 pm

Yin Yang wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:00 pm
BWri wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:06 pm

Tien's probably the most interesting one. Half a decade ago I theorized that he could be a member of a Hindu-esque alien race of war gods due to his 3rd eye and ability to grow two additional arms out of his back which even Namekians don't seem able to do. The theory I came up with was that a combination of Tien's life draining skills, Kikoho and Kiaoken put such a strain on his body that it finally pushed him to his physical limit as a human and in response, his body awakened his war god blood and pushed him into a full transformation. The War God transformation gives Tien thick crimson colored skin (similar to the body hardening technique he used against Yamcha in the anime) and automatically grows two to four additional arms. It is visually similar to Asura, Hindu war god and protagonist of Asura's Wrath.
I also came up with a asura-like, red-skinned 4 arm transformation for Tien when speculating on how Tien could be powered up :lol: . As far as powers I would give him, it would be a Karma Sense. Basically Karma Sense would be an ability where Tien can vaguely feel if any action(s) or inaction(s) has, is or will lead to good, bad or mixed results for anyone, thus he can always orient himself in the right direction so that he has an abundance of good karma. I figured this ability could either come with the transformation or another option is getting elder kai to unlock the myriad powers of his 3rd eye and without any transformation.

This would be a good ability in and out battle. Out of battle Tien could improve though training, at a very fast rate. In battle he could optimize his battle tactics.
I love that! I feel that Tien's 3rd eye is such an unexplored concept. The Karma Sense is really interesting.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

NickLord
Banned Alternate Account

Post by NickLord » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:23 pm

All races/species should have their own God form in the series. It's disappointing that Super Namekian God Piccolo hasn't become an actual thing, even in Heroes.

Yin Yang

Post by Yin Yang » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:36 pm

Here's more on potential techniques for the Asura transformation for Tien:

Nine Revolutions Divine Skill: A skill that allows for Tien to circulate ki clockwise throughout his body, nine times from the bottom of his feet to the top of his head, each time completing a revolution and greatly increasing ki. It not only greatly increases ki, but after 9 complete revolutions, he transforms into an Asura. Asura form hardens the spirit, thus making him nearly impervious to attacks of someone on the same power level as him, by hardening his body.

Multiform Resonance Technique: Tien splits either into 2 or 4 clones and then he makes their ki resonate with each other to drastically increase their power level. If 4 clones are used, their about 85% as strong as the original Tien.

Ultimate Ki Masking Technique: A technique where one can hide ones ki, from ki sense, without having to suppress it at all. Useful in high speed combat, as the opponent can't use ki sense to follow you're movements.

Evil Eye Technique: Cause strong fear in the opponent, using the 3rd eye. Stronger are opponents are more resistant to it.

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:03 pm

BWri wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:06 pm Piccolo would get equivalents to the Saiyan god forms but he could also ultimately use a rare racial transformation which transforms him into a Dragon. There's old fan art of all of this. For his God forms, I'd mostly just stick to eye color and aura changes, but maybe some slight skin pigmentation changes as well.
Oh shit! Did I predict Orange Piccolo? I was thinking lately that Piccolo's yellow form might have been meant as a comparison to Super Shenron so there's a chance this prediction will be completely spot on ... well, except for it being a god form.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:29 pm

Krillin: Enlightened Mode (similar to the Avatar State from the Avatar series)

Tien: Asura Mode (something like Asura's Wrath)

Yamcha: Spirit of the Wolf (similar to Yugo's Wolf transformation/hyper mode in the Bloody Roar games, just without physically turning into a wolf and instead having a wolf aura)

Chiaotzu: Jiangshi Transformation (something like Mob's ???% mode in Mob Psycho 100)

Master Roshi: Age Reverse (just like Genkai in Yu Yu Hakusho when she uses the Spirit Gun technique to temporarily return to her prime age)

Yajirobe: Divine Sword (similar to that one scene in Samurai Jack season 5)

Videl: Cosmic Mode (actual Tokusatsu transformation with cosmic energy powers like Ultraman)

Android 17: Super 17

Android 18: Super 18

Majin Buu: Fit transformation + God Ki potential

Shin: Divine Power Unleashed (similar to Chronoa's Time Power Unleashed)

Jaco: Super Elite Suit (similar to the Gravity Suit in the Metroid games)