What Kind Of Transformations Could Non-Saiyan Characters Get?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

What Kind Of Transformations Could Non-Saiyan Characters Get?

Post by theherodjl » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:04 am

Supposing that non-Saiyan characters, ones that currently do not have access to transformations or some kind of major power boost that requires activation, are infact able to develop their own "super form", what could they be? For characters like:
- Piccolo
- Krillin
- Tenshinhan
- Yamcha
- Chaozu
- Android 17
- Android 18
- Boo
- Hit
- Botamo
- Magetta
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What Kind Of Transformations Could Non-Saiyan Characters Get?

Post by BWri » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:06 pm

theherodjl wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:04 am Supposing that non-Saiyan characters, ones that currently do not have access to transformations or some kind of major power boost that requires activation, are infact able to develop their own "super form", what could they be? For characters like:
- Piccolo
- Krillin
- Tenshinhan
- Yamcha
- Chaozu
- Android 17
- Android 18
- Boo
- Hit
- Botamo
- Magetta
Piccolo would get equivalents to the Saiyan god forms but he could also ultimately use a rare racial transformation which transforms him into a Dragon. There's old fan art of all of this. For his God forms, I'd mostly just stick to eye color and aura changes, but maybe some slight skin pigmentation changes as well.

Krillin could get converted into an android. Not much of a physical change but he'd be exponentially more powerful and nearly immortal.

Tien's probably the most interesting one. Half a decade ago I theorized that he could be a member of a Hindu-esque alien race of war gods due to his 3rd eye and ability to grow two additional arms out of his back which even Namekians don't seem able to do. The theory I came up with was that a combination of Tien's life draining skills, Kikoho and Kiaoken put such a strain on his body that it finally pushed him to his physical limit as a human and in response, his body awakened his war god blood and pushed him into a full transformation. The War God transformation gives Tien thick crimson colored skin (similar to the body hardening technique he used against Yamcha in the anime) and automatically grows two to four additional arms. It is visually similar to Asura, Hindu war god and protagonist of Asura's Wrath.

Yamcha could get converted into a cyborg, bitten by a werewolf or both. Let's just say his base werewolf form increases his strength and speed by 5 to 10 times. Maybe he could add Kaioken on top of that. He'd have the stereotypical werewolf form only its Yamcha so it'd look sick. Something like John Talbain from Darkstalkers.

Chiaotzu on the other hand could get bitten by a vampire. I've heard that he is one (a Jiang Shi) or was inspired by them. Or perhaps he is some type of diety given human form.

For #17, I actually like Super #17's design so I'd just use that. Story wise, he'd be able to access this evolution thanks to his body retaining cells from Cell. I'd also use this to explain his power boost.

For #18, I'd also have a Super form just like #17's. There's cool fanart out there of Super 18.

Buu already had tons of transformations.

I don't think Hit needs a new form. He looks really cool as is and him taking his coat off kinda feels like a transformation similar to Piccolo without his weights.

For Botamo, I'm still hoping that he's a Djinn or something similar to Buu so I hope he has a "Super" and "Kid" form. A Kid Buu-esque form for Botamo would be tops! Then I'd parody One Piece by giving him something similar to Gear forms.

For Magetta, I'd have a more "muscular" looking humanoid form. Something of a mix between Colossus and Gridman. Then his final evolution would look like the Big O Megadeus.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:31 pm

The earthlings could train themselves to attain some form of UI, Roshi has it, I do wonder why he never taught it to them after they all sort of retired. Even for laughs.

Piccolo could get that red demon eye people always talk about.

The android could fuse into Android 35 lol.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:55 pm

I said this on another thread about a year ago, but for humans like Krillin, I'd like to see some untapped human lore brought to surface. I think there should be an opposite of Ultra Instinct of sorts, a power-up that relies heavily on emotions and feeling (mainly drawing on love and passion). It would be sort of like Ribrianne and her universe, but represented differently. It could result in more defined muscles, purple eyes, and maybe a magenta-colored aura.

For the likes of people, some Namekian God form perhaps. He could adopt red eyes and a green aura or something.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:00 pm

BWri wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:06 pm
For #18, I'd also have a Super form just like #17's. There's cool fanart out there of Super 18.
Is it weird I think she looks better this way?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

BWri

Post by BWri » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:25 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:00 pm
BWri wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:06 pm
Is it weird I think she looks better this way?
Not at all. On top of being a cool design and giving her more height, it's also incredibly sexy.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:51 am

Tien - Learn the fusion dance and fuse together all his Multi-Forms into one person for 30 minutes. (25% * 25%) * (25% * 25%) would be a huge multiplier.

Piccolo - Demon form/demonic ki

Yamcha & Krillin - Learn Ultra Instinct from Roshi

Master Roshi - Ultra Instinct Sign

Chiaotzu -Sharpen his psychic powers and become like the dude from Akira

17 - Train a little bit more.

There's also kaio ken. Most of them did train with King Kai.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:42 am

I have an idea for a human transformation / power boost, but I suppose it can be used by non humans as well

Examples in media to where I got the idea:

Emotions to gain stronger power (Saiyans)
The sacrifice of concentrating ki for years to decades, never having full access to your power, using except as a last resort (Various but Genkai's Spirit Wave Orb from Yu Yu Hakusho comes to mind)

The power boost would take years, as low as seven, as high as 20 to fully develop, But when it is developed, it would be a power boost that can only get stronger, and not through training. It would be powered not by anger like the Saiyans, but of your experience and memories of life and the world. The ritual would be disconnecting a portion of your ki from full access, Let's say 10% of your total energy. And even if you get stronger because of training, 10% of your total energy will still go to this energy concentration.

So, with this disconnected energy, you would concentrate that energy, and ferment it with your emotions. You would need to first enjoy life to its fullest. Go fishing. Spend time with that person you like. Be with your family Play with animals. go right wrongs and do natural do-goodery, and help your fellow man. And all those warm fuzzy feelings you get, at the end of every day, you meditate on those feelings, as you focus on concentrating your energy and disconnecting it from your full access. And you will live your life to its fullest, and meditate every day for the years necessary to complete the ritual,

When the ritual is done, and only you will know when it's done, you will reconnect your access to your energy. There will be the power boost from years of concentrating 10% of your total energy, and incorporating back into yourself. But there would also be the power boost of years of experiences flooding you. Your power comes from reminders of why it's good to be alive, and why your planet is worth fighting for. And as long as you keep living your life to its fullest, and enjoying what life is, your experiences will constantly fuel this new power, and you will become stronger.

At least, that's how I'd do it. And if there was a candidate to do it, Well, first I'll tell you who wouldn't be the ones to learn in U7

- You can't be a hermit and enjoy what life has to offer, (Master Roshi)
- If you're too busy training, you're missing the point of enjoying life (Tenshinhan, Chaozu, Piccolo)
- Altruism and Selflessness is a big part of it (A18)
- You'd need to accept there is no instant gratification coming (Buu)

SO, this leaves Krillin, Yamcha, and A17.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:56 am

They don't need transformations. All they need to do is go to #17 island and beat some poachers to be on "Blue level". :mrgreen:
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:10 pm

They can theoretically get any transformation that doesn't have the word "saiyan" in it.

That includes Ultra Instinct, Destruction or Ego, god ki form.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:13 pm

I'm tired of transformations personally. The humans refining their technique and a neutral mindset to spur them into gaining the Ultra Instinct ability I would be okay with. If they could meld that with Kaioken, god ki and potential unlocks would be even better. Now Piccolo I could get behind him acquiring his own distinct talent like creation based abilities as some have proposed for being the Kaioshin counterpart to destruction or demon abilities in tandem with the Kaioken could be his means for progressing in his career.

kyppk
Not-So-Newbie

Post by kyppk » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:46 pm

It's been brought up a couple of times but when I saw UI I had assumed it would be an equalizer for the weaker characters to contribute more i the series. It was a form that anyone could theoretically achieve, (at the time I had assumed) it didn't provide a physical power up so one wouldn't have to explain power jumps, and because it focused on dodging weaker characters could conceivable fight characters way above their weight-class.

I thought the Krillin episode where he got that weird ki control would be some kind of foreshadowing of my educated guess, but alas, no.

Otherwise a modified Kaioken, Elder Kai Potential Unlock ala Gohan, Fusion, and some kind of god form are still viable transformations anyone could get.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:46 pm

kyppk wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:46 pm It's been brought up a couple of times but when I saw UI I had assumed it would be an equalizer for the weaker characters to contribute more i the series. It was a form that anyone could theoretically achieve, (at the time I had assumed) it didn't provide a physical power up so one wouldn't have to explain power jumps, and because it focused on dodging weaker characters could conceivable fight characters way above their weight-class.

I thought the Krillin episode where he got that weird ki control would be some kind of foreshadowing of my educated guess, but alas, no.

Otherwise a modified Kaioken, Elder Kai Potential Unlock ala Gohan, Fusion, and some kind of god form are still viable transformations anyone could get.
Once I saw Goku start using Kaioken again in the anime but this time on top of his god form, I knew the humans weren't getting anything cool. They had several opportunities to develop them. God ki, Kaioken reintroduction, pre-ToP training, ToP performance, UI/proto UI, but all of that was just a vehicle for Goku. Goku is the only one who can have nice things apparently. Though, shout-out to Roshi developing cool stuff in his retirement even if it was off-panel.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:37 am

Hybrid Saiyans should get a extra transformation, seeing that they have 50% or 75% human blood.

Super Saiyan from their Saiyan blood
Human transform from their human blood.

Gohan is going to fight like a human.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:07 pm

For humans, the Kaio-Ken technique. For Piccolo, the red-eyed transformation. Doesn't need to be less or more than that.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:00 pm

The fan-made Hyper DragonBall Z gave every character an install-super power-up/transformation. All were really coll.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Ironixie

Post by Ironixie » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:43 pm

The basics: Max Power form, Kaioken, Potential Unleashed, Godki, Ultra Instinct, Destruction Form, Gigantification - (Yardrat), Cyborg Modification-(17&18), Magic, Shapeshifting

( Shapeshifting won't give you a power-up but will give you the ability to make your body harder or soft like buu or something, and you can combine it would gigantification or a technique like Bergamo so you could increase your strength, without increasing size ).

Filler: No ego zone, Watagash-(episode 74)

non-canon: Demonic Magic/ki-(DBH/Xenoverse), Tree of might fruit, big gete star, possibly the Shinjin god class ups - (DBH), Cyborg Modification 2-(Android 21), Red and blue-eyed nameks, (DBH)

Theoretical: Clone Technique + Fusion, Celluar Enhancement (Not modification like the androids), combat precognition

My conclusion is that these are what I found so far from just experiencing the show and what I think could be possible or should be possible, the idea of combat precognition comes from image training, as I think maybe the Z warriors could refine the image training technique whilst in battle, to predict the opponent will do next, the only downside is that they'll need to have a decent approximation of how powerful their opponent is, as seen in the show where Gohan underestimates Krillin in an image training battle with goku. I think this could be introduced in a way that will help the Z warriors compensate for the lack of Saiyan adaptability in battle.

Clone technique + fusion is an idea I have had before but also an Idea the fandom has had questions about as well, Krillin, Piccolo, and Tien have shown the ability of cloning before in the show; Yamcha will probably have to go to Yardrat to learn the technique, but that may be a good thing because the Yardrats version was never said to have a downside of splitting power. Possibly becoming a Kai and then using the Potara fusion to fuse with yourself will yield fantastic results, also the Kai positions are currently open since the North, West, and South Kai were killed, so it's plausible. So Krillin, Yamcha, and Tien can take those spots. Piccolo needs less help to obtain power so I don't think he needs it. they are usually born in their position but since Trunks was trained by the kaioshin I think it's fair to say that possibly a human could become a supreme kai.

Celluar enhancement is different from cellular modification because it's enhancing your existing cells as opposed to completely changing them, I don't think the Z warriors would want to become cyborgs like android 17 and 18 but I think they'd be open to the idea of becoming Super warriors, I think it's possible.

The most basic thing I think you can give the humans a Full Power form like every other race has, Bojack especially and it's never explained why or how he'd as strong as he is, he just is. Not only that, not all of his crew has been shown to do this, like Zangya, Bujin, and Bido, it's fair to say this is an ability that Bojack has to learn. There's no explanation on if he is like this because of his race or because of a technique, the same can be said about Jiren really.

Max power is similar, honestly, I think if the humans obtained the Max Power form from roshi, it should be equalized to Super Saiyan or increased higher because of Super, because the Z fighters on average have better Ki control than roshi, they went to king kai's planet and learned all about ki control, Roshi still doesn't know how to fly and he rarely ever uses a ki blast, so I think it's safe to say if someone like Krillin, Yamcha or Tien could outperform roshi if given the ability. They'd combine it with their knowledge of ki control and will probably be able to equalize it to Super Saiyan and I think it would make complete narrative sense since they're also much more youthful fighters who learn quicker. If combined with kaioken, then they'll be able to match all of the super Saiyan forms and even surpass them (excluding god forms). so let's say their max power form was equal to super Saiyan, then they can just go use the maximum usage of kaioken ever shown in the show which is 20, so 50x20 and it'd be a 1,000 times multiplier, they'd be solid fighters over twice as strong as Super Saiyan 3. It is fair narratively to place them that way, imo. Maybe also using 50x100 just because of the slug movie, but probably only for a split second when they're trying to end the fight.

Piccolo needs less work than the humans, as official works already have given namekians extra abilities, and by proxy him as well.

As for specific abilities, Give Yamcha werewolf abilities, since literally characters like Kakunsa can transform into some cat lady and we don't even know if she's a human or not... She just can do it, this is what I mean by every other character just has unexplained power-ups. Just give the android 21 treatment, take cells from animals.

Tien can unlock his eye, we have yet to know how powerful it is.

Android 17 and 18 can just become Super 17 and 18 like in GT, they really don't need to be more powerful though.

Chiaotzu should stop trying to become powerful through strength and become the team support character, he should learn magic & hax so he can be like babidi or towa and make his team stronger. Also, he should stop time like guldo, it was stated in the daizenshuu that guldo can stop time by using his psychic abilities, but chiaotzu also has psychic abilities so theoretically, he should do the same thing. Or become a kai and fuse permanently with Tien, because Chiaohan is cool.

Krillin can just have no ego zone and combine it with godki

Magetta should get angry instead of sad.

Botamo should get... More fat??

Buu can get the god class up from DBH or he can just absorb more people.

Hit should work on his strength instead of his skill because he's already fairly good with skill.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:08 pm

Give Earthlings some "Heavenly" transformation already! Not Angelic or Godly in the DB sense specifically, just something that awakens Earthlings' true potential.

Like, you know what? My headcanon is that 17 and 18 are so strong because Dr. Gero figured out how to utilize human potential, so they're actually as strong as they are because they've essentially gotten a perfected artificial Potential Unlock. Actual martial artists like Krillin or Tenshinhan would have been dangerously too strong if they got the same unlock, and this hypothetical Heavenly transformation can give it to them.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Nagyzöld
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nagyzöld » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:49 am

There is a fanmade transformation for Piccolo already, which I personally find awesome.

https://youtu.be/wGgXBfszxgs

As for the others, they could benefit from pretty much anything that was accessible to Goku and Vegeta. Time Chamber, Whis' Trainings, gravity rooms. You don't have to be a Saiyan to unlock god ki. And that could give them some sort of transformations.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:38 pm

For Piccolo I have two things for him first see this link bellow (just forget the female concept)

https://www.deviantart.com/teoma-the-na ... -722586624

As for something that could be similar to a Super Saiyan 4 for Namekian see this

https://www.deviantart.com/supersaiyang ... -632084228

That's it for me tho I have some concept in mind for Yamcha and Tenshinhan but I need to work them first.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu