Could a fusion fuse with another fusion?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SlashHaiden

Could a fusion fuse with another fusion?

Post by SlashHaiden » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:41 pm

I was wondering if say, Gotenks did a fusion dance/potarra earrings fusion with Gogeta, if it would be possible.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Could a fusion fuse with another fusion?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:05 pm

My personal headcanon is that it might be possible, but it would decrease the fusion time by a great amount. Say if two 30-minute fusions fuse, the resulting fusion would only last 5 minutes, at maximum (and that's not including defusing even earlier from using too much energy).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:03 pm

It probably can be done but its pointless as Gogeta is strong enough by himself to defeat Hakaishin-tier opponents: merging with a fusion far weaker than himself would only create a new being with a moderate amount of power, at absolute best, greater than Gogeta. If we also account for Gotenks' immaturity, it might even add a negative contribution to Gogeta's mentality by creating an overly-playful fusion that is reluctant to simply end the fight.
Not at all a good thing when a threat, one that calls for fusion in the first place, needs to be neutralized as soon as possible.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:12 pm

I imagine you could but there'd by some crazy penalty on it, like losing all your ki for a while or something equally as devastating like accidental body swapping.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:21 pm

I don't know but I want to find out.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:25 pm

There's not much to say here beyond pure headcanon, really, so personally, I like to think that you can stack potara fusions, but not dance fusions, and that you can stack a dance on top of a potara, but you can't stack a potara on top of a dance. Basically making it so that the dance fusion has a few more limitations than the potara fusion. Also, I like to think that you should run into a power ceiling really quickly, so the result wouldn't last very long before splitting apart in any case.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:12 am

Does Piccolo count? Technically it was one fusion reassimilating with his counterpart but he effectively was comprised of three beings. The Namekian Saviour might be a more straightforward example but that's the Namekian process.

Using the Potara earrings or Metamoran dance we can't say definitively. I don't think we've ever had an example to cite. It hasn't been confirmed that it can't happen but it remains in the theoretical stage.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:51 am

Toriyama said it's possible for more than two people to fuse with the Metamoru fusion.

Gotenks would only be able to fuse with Gogeta or Vegetto using the Metamoru fusion if Gotenks is a teenager or adult, obviously. They have to have similar height.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

SlashHaiden

Post by SlashHaiden » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:27 pm

In my opinion, stacked fusions would be very overpowered. My headcanon is that a fusion could stack, but it would have awful side affects, like not being able to unfuse or just dying from too much ki usage.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:15 pm

SlashHaiden wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:27 pm In my opinion, stacked fusions would be very overpowered. My headcanon is that a fusion could stack, but it would have awful side affects, like not being able to unfuse or just dying from too much ki usage.
Maybe for the pertinent cast members but traditional fan favourites would greatly benefit from it. In fact you could fuse all the human Z-Warriors together, put them in a top standard Kaioken aura, and give them a potential unlock and they still wouldn't come close to glancing the dimension of Goku and Vegeta. We might instead be debating whether the human fusion could take on Goten and Trunks. It's how inordinately lopsided everything has become.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:02 pm

(Very) Technically we've already seen it since Piccolo is fused with both Nail and Kami, but admittedly that's just a fusion fusing with a singular person, in fact fusing back into the original person to begin with. Hence why I say it's very technically a thing.

As for later kinds of fusions, I recall Toriyama saying it's possible. Fusions are their own persons, not really anything particular special. We've already seen fusion between two people in different statuses of living, with Goku being alive and Vegeta being dead. Therefore something like Vegetto and GOgeta fusing ought to be possible.

The real question I want to ask is if the time limit resets. For example, let's say Gogeta and Gotenks fuse. However, Gotenks' time is nearly up when they fuse. Does the new fusion undergo fission almost immediately and spit out Goten and Trunks? Or do they stay fused but now technically as three people instead of two?
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:25 pm

What happens if one of the fusions defuses early?

The lore has established that the dance and the earrings can use up power early.

cactus

Post by cactus » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:47 pm

Peach wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:25 pm What happens if one of the fusions defuses early?

The lore has established that the dance and the earrings can use up power early.
Yeah I assume if a fusion fused with another fusion they would be too powerful and defuse quickly

Shintoki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shintoki » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:10 pm

Lionel wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:15 pm
SlashHaiden wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:27 pm In my opinion, stacked fusions would be very overpowered. My headcanon is that a fusion could stack, but it would have awful side affects, like not being able to unfuse or just dying from too much ki usage.
Maybe for the pertinent cast members but traditional fan favourites would greatly benefit from it. In fact you could fuse all the human Z-Warriors together, put them in a top standard Kaioken aura, and give them a potential unlock and they still wouldn't come close to glancing the dimension of Goku and Vegeta. We might instead be debating whether the human fusion could take on Goten and Trunks. It's how inordinately lopsided everything has become.
:? i'm not sure about that, stacking fusions of all the human z fighters via metamoru, and unlocking their potential combined as a fusion (old kai), while giving them access to a kaioken-esque kind of power (such as roshi's buff form/technique) would definitely put them at a level of power equal to the main duo at their god form AT THE VERY LEAST since the fusion at play here would put Z vegito to shame.

Remember, Gogeta in his base form was able to do things not even Goku and vegeta doing their best in SSB could do (i say their best since kaioken SSB and mastered SSB don't exist in the films/broly continuity) and we are talking about an even more incredible kind of fusion by a couple of magnitudes! and that's not even mentioning how versatile their power set would be!

but yeah, i agree with the others that the concept while theoretically possible within the canon it would nonetheless be too busted and anticlimactic, so it's unlikely if it's ever going to appear in the story proper.

tho nice idea in how it could be the perfect solution for the human z fighters to become relevant once again (frankly, focusing on goku and vegeta too much kinda reminds me of the boo saga, ahem) :thumbup:
cactus wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:47 pm
Peach wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:25 pm What happens if one of the fusions defuses early?

Yeah I assume if a fusion fused with another fusion they would be too powerful and defuse quickly
i second this, the fusion time limit would probably be way shorter than the normal one.
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:21 pm You could also, y'know, become a real buddhist
DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:18 am Isn't this technically worshipping the Monkey King?

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:45 am

I say there is nothing that forbids it from being capable to physically happen...

...however...

let's not forget that in DBZ Buu Saga it is stated that the mind also fuses and that was the main reason why Vegeta did not want to fuse with Goku. So imagine what possible repercussions could it have in the mind of that warrior who in theory has 4 minds in one.

The subject could snap.

That is only my humble opinion.