How would you fix anime Zamasu arc while keeping the same plotline?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Re: How would you fix anime Zamasu arc while keeping the same plotline?

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:44 am

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:45 pm Which is a contradiction since both manga Zamasu and Black use the Time Ring.
Yeah... Touché.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:00 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:29 pm One thing I love about Zamasu is how flagrantly he abuses so many common DB plot devices then schemes around the usual limitations they have.

"Time travel creating alternate timelines? Nah, got a Time Ring, I can pop back and forth wherever or whenever I like with no risk of paradoxes. Super Dragon Balls can only be used once per year? I'll time-skip to the future so I don't have to wait, then destroy them after I'm finished with them. Saiyan body? Abuse them zenkai boosts, motherfucker! Can't fight the Gods of Destruction mano-e-mano? Just kill every single Kaioshin to sever the life-links! Potara Fusion? I'll just fuse with my own goddamn immortal future self and never defuse, because reasons!

And when all else fails, my immortal soul will ragequit and infect the universe/spawn infinite clones of myself."

*shakes fist* ZAMASUUU!
That's what happens when you get a villain who actually uses his brain and plans ahead.

Zamasu's plan was pretty much perfect when you look at it from an unbiased perspective. He manipulated everyone (even his superiors in the God hierarchy) and actually got what he wanted.

Naturally, once Trunks and Mai die of old age, Project Zero Mortals will have finally been completed :roll:

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:51 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:00 am
That's what happens when you get a villain who actually uses his brain and plans ahead.

Zamasu's plan was pretty much perfect when you look at it from an unbiased perspective. He manipulated everyone (even his superiors in the God hierarchy) and actually got what he wanted.

Naturally, once Trunks and Mai die of old age, Project Zero Mortals will have finally been completed :roll:
Yeah. While it's easy to pick holes in retrospect, Zamasu's evil plan was undeniably pretty good, especially by Dragon Ball standards. It's the one major benefit of Toriyama now being able to completely plot out his storylines in advance compared to writing by the seat of his pants like in his prime. I'd imagine prime Toriyama would've wanted to try making a more complex villain if he had more than a few days to arrange his thoughts before the deadlines.