Freeza's hover chair

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Freeza's hover chair

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:25 pm

Kind of a silly topic, but I was just wondering if it had some kind of anti gravity technology or he just levitated it with his own ki or telekinesis.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: Freeza's hover chair

Post by Jord » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:41 am

I just think it's technology. Otherwise, what's the point? It would be like Freeza sitting in a bath tub and lifting it himself. It wouldn't look intimidating at all.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:17 am

It probably is just technology since Freeza's spacecrafts are capable of moving significantly faster than the speed of light. If he wants a hover chair that can move as fast as a a jet or even a shuttle, it probably isn't a difficult matter.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:35 am

Didn't we see Freeza getting off the chair and the chair remained in the air? maybe I'm not remembering right.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:44 am

Daizenshuu 4's "Technology & Supernatural" item dictionary references the pod saying it can fly fast (even though Freeza can fly faster, he likes using it because it's easy)...

... and then Daizenshuu 7's guide (which references the Daizenshuu 4 entry and then adds its own info) says that Freeza's small pod is equipped with an anti-gravity device in the bottom.

:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:46 am

If you take a look into the Cold family they don't look scientific at all. Even if they were to "power" it with mental power they would need to design and manufacture the chair first, in other words, give it a thought, and we know they won't.

I always found it interesting to figure out whose technology it was. For example the Tsufurujin were a very advanced alien civilazation. Toriyama mentioned that Freezer was based on Landsharks, they don't care about developing tecnnology they just conquer other races to sell their land. He must likely got his chair from a race similar to the Tsufurujin. If Freezer had so much mental power as to move the chair most likely he would not have that many soldiers, it would be more like in starwars, crhushing people with the mere power of the force.

I think it's cool it's been ages and we are still discussin dragon ball's tech. There has not beeen any other anime as influential as DB.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:46 am

Saiya6Cit wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:46 am think it's cool it's been ages and we are still discussin dragon ball's tech. There has not beeen any other anime as influential as DB.
I, too, think it's neat that people continue to have questions and find interest in tidbits they didn't know about for a series like Dragon Ball, and yes it's undeniably influential, but let's not get hyperbolic about it -- there are countless other series (anime series, even Shonen Jump-branded anime series) far more influential than it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::