Do we know how big the ToP stage is?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Do we know how big the ToP stage is?

Post by DSB » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:10 am

A few kilometers in diameter maybe?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Do we know how big the ToP stage is?

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:15 am

Big enough to fit 80 fighters and still have room to have unpopulated areas.

In a football field you might fit 50 people, so maybe as big as two football fields? perhaps bigger than two football fields, maybe like 3 football fields so that it doesn't get too much crowded. I wouldn't say it's smaller than that.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:20 am

It's not very consistent in the anime. At times it looks small enough that you can see the curve of the edge (e.g. when the Trio de Dangers get pushed back by Goku and Vegeta). In most later episodes it seems to be a few kilometres as you estimate, though seems to keep growing larger as the fighters destroy more of it, like it's getting flattened out. As koitsukai said, it's big enough that characters can hide among the rocks and kaiju-sized guys like Anilaza can fit on it comfortably.

In the manga, it's more consistent but really tiny in comparison. IIRC, there's one early panel where you can see all the fighters tightly gathered in their starting areas, it barely looks more than about 50-60 metres wide at most. Fitting for the manga's more frantic atmosphere, I guess. A good point of comparison is the fact that in this version, Anilaza only just fits on the stage and staggers out of bounds very quickly. :lol:

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:06 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:20 am It's not very consistent in the anime. At times it looks small enough that you can see the curve of the edge (e.g. when the Trio de Dangers get pushed back by Goku and Vegeta). In most later episodes it seems to be a few kilometres as you estimate, though seems to keep growing larger as the fighters destroy more of it, like it's getting flattened out. As koitsukai said, it's big enough that characters can hide among the rocks and kaiju-sized guys like Anilaza can fit on it comfortably.

In the manga, it's more consistent but really tiny in comparison. IIRC, there's one early panel where you can see all the fighters tightly gathered in their starting areas, it barely looks more than about 50-60 metres wide at most. Fitting for the manga's more frantic atmosphere, I guess. A good point of comparison is the fact that in this version, Anilaza only just fits on the stage and staggers out of bounds very quickly. :lol:
I wonder how big Toriyama wanted it to be?