Dragonball if it followed 'Invincible'

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krillin1994
Regular

Dragonball if it followed 'Invincible'

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:18 am

I know there is an all purpose what if thread, but feel that this idea deserves it's own thread.

Rereading through the Saiyan arc recently, I was struck with the thought that when Raditz explains that Goku is a Saiyan and that he is to join the remaining 3, Goku does a dramatic reveal that he is a member of the Saiyan race and will join them.

The entire focus is completely changed now with Goku in a primary antagonistic role. Though not without his misgivings about having to give up his life.

Do people think Toriyama could've played with such a drastic upheaval in his story telling to have Goku switch from his hero to main villain?

How would this change the series?

I see a situation where now Krillin, Roshi and Piccolo team up to save Gohan. Maybe a nice situation where Krillin summons the nimbus and is seen to be pure enough to use it. Roshi on his back.

Now as Goku has gone with Raditz he had a confused Gohan leave with him and as such doesn't need to be in the pod. They return to Raditz pod as a base for properly reporting to Vegeta and Nappa (I know he could on scouter but a more established base ship to ship). The others arrive.

It's a 3 v 2 situation though Goku has reservations fighting against his best friend and master. So it plays out more Raditz v Krillin, Piccolo and Roshi.

Krillin falls after a decent display with technique. Roshi is enraged. and uses some tricky techniques and gets behind Raditz. Grabbing his tail and locking him up in his buff mode. Piccolo uses special beam cannon killing Roshi and Raditz. At some point in the fight Gohan has been concerned seeing his father behave in an evil manner and displayed some of his hidden power - astonishing everyone in the fight. After Raditz dies, Goku decides to flee to regroup with his other Saiyans. Krillin dying words to piccolo after the Raditz scouter moment informing the other Saiyans of the situation and to expect Goku.

Krillin and Piccolo had a sort of mutual respect for one another after their tournament match, and whilst no means Goku v Piccolo rivalry. There could be an interesting dynamic still.

I see Krillin and Roshi being on track to go to snake way. Both unsure of what to do despite their death. Kami tasks them to train under King Kai and to also ask him if their are others like Kami out in the universe (he doesn't know he's Namekian but knows he's alien so is gambling on more DBs). Krillin will begin intense training under King Kai, Roshi will too but also decide that he's content in death and chooses to remain on King Kai's Planet.

In this situation the warriors have longer to prepare for the Saiyan invasion, since Goku is heading to meet Vegeta and Nappa, where he will confirm about the DBs to them. then it will be another year for the Saiyan invasion. So more like two years.

Shintoki
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragonball if it followed 'Invincible'

Post by Shintoki » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:53 pm

Krillin1994 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:18 am I know there is an all purpose what if thread, but feel that this idea deserves it's own thread.

Rereading through the Saiyan arc recently, I was struck with the thought that when Raditz explains that Goku is a Saiyan and that he is to join the remaining 3, Goku does a dramatic reveal that he is a member of the Saiyan race and will join them.

The entire focus is completely changed now with Goku in a primary antagonistic role. Though not without his misgivings about having to give up his life.

Do people think Toriyama could've played with such a drastic upheaval in his story telling to have Goku switch from his hero to main villain?

How would this change the series?

I see a situation where now Krillin, Roshi and Piccolo team up to save Gohan. Maybe a nice situation where Krillin summons the nimbus and is seen to be pure enough to use it. Roshi on his back.

Now as Goku has gone with Raditz he had a confused Gohan leave with him and as such doesn't need to be in the pod. They return to Raditz pod as a base for properly reporting to Vegeta and Nappa (I know he could on scouter but a more established base ship to ship). The others arrive.

It's a 3 v 2 situation though Goku has reservations fighting against his best friend and master. So it plays out more Raditz v Krillin, Piccolo and Roshi.

Krillin falls after a decent display with technique. Roshi is enraged. and uses some tricky techniques and gets behind Raditz. Grabbing his tail and locking him up in his buff mode. Piccolo uses special beam cannon killing Roshi and Raditz. At some point in the fight Gohan has been concerned seeing his father behave in an evil manner and displayed some of his hidden power - astonishing everyone in the fight. After Raditz dies, Goku decides to flee to regroup with his other Saiyans. Krillin dying words to piccolo after the Raditz scouter moment informing the other Saiyans of the situation and to expect Goku.

Krillin and Piccolo had a sort of mutual respect for one another after their tournament match, and whilst no means Goku v Piccolo rivalry. There could be an interesting dynamic still.

I see Krillin and Roshi being on track to go to snake way. Both unsure of what to do despite their death. Kami tasks them to train under King Kai and to also ask him if their are others like Kami out in the universe (he doesn't know he's Namekian but knows he's alien so is gambling on more DBs). Krillin will begin intense training under King Kai, Roshi will too but also decide that he's content in death and chooses to remain on King Kai's Planet.

In this situation the warriors have longer to prepare for the Saiyan invasion, since Goku is heading to meet Vegeta and Nappa, where he will confirm about the DBs to them. then it will be another year for the Saiyan invasion. So more like two years.

if goku didn't forget his memories, this could have been very well what would happen. tho slight details may differ such as goku disagreeing with raditz over having to kill the population of earth. kinda like mark
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:21 pm You could also, y'know, become a real buddhist
DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:18 am Isn't this technically worshipping the Monkey King?