So Raditz is the black sheep of the family then

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GoodboiRaditz

So Raditz is the black sheep of the family then

Post by GoodboiRaditz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:32 pm

Bardock can show mercy , Gine is Gine , and Kakarotto became Son Goku , Raditz doesn’t have a redeeming quality about him at all , he uses every trick on the book to gets his way and had no problem killing his blood even when he knows the race is gone , do you think Raditz was influenced by Vegeta and the Frieza force , do you think had Bardock and Gine survived , Raditz would be “softer” or he is just the typical saiyan .

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: So Raditz is the black sheep of the family then

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:43 pm

I think Raditz should get more screentime so that his personality gets better defined and how he contrasts with his family.

I don't know if Raditz is meant to be this "odd one" no matter what, or if he can be softer like everyone else... He showed up in a time when none of this were obviously thought of, so it's only natural that he too should get his own moment even if it's just to clarify things like this for the viewers (and because he's the protagonist's brother, he has to have more than what he got, c'mon).

We see Raditz playing (not killing, playing with the beetles!), by the way. So he must have had some "soft side" in his earlier years.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:35 am

It really would've helped if Toriyama had offered to show a different perspective of the Saiyans way sooner than he did because up until then, the vast majority of Saiyan depictions(of the Planet Vegeta variety) came from Toei's films & anime: the very media that Toriyama approved of and even partially integrated into the manga. If you ask me, I'd say that the man certainly dragged his feet on whether or not he wanted the Saiyans to be totally seen as cruel space-pirates or a misunderstood warrior-race that did as they were told to by an evil overlord.
But who knows? I could be overly-judgemental about this. Maybe 19 years is actually the time it takes to make a single creative decision? :wink:
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:44 am

The Son family are pretty much the exception. Saiyans are indeed a vicious, savage, and aggressive species that kills and pillages planets for fun. That's why Beerus came to despise the Saiyans as a nuisance and sanctioned the destruction of Planet Vegeta. Because Saiyans are an evil species :think:

For 1 Bardock there are 10000 like Prince Vegeta. And it looks like Raditz might not have inherited his father's kindness.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:23 pm

To be fair, Raditz spent twenty years with Vegeta and Nappa. If he had shown any softness or weakness, it wouldn't go well for him.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:02 pm

To be fair, he gave Goku multiple chances to join him. I don't see Vegeta or Nappa ever considering him as a part of their group.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:58 pm

Technically Raditz was a normal Saiyan, it's his parents and siblings who were unconventional.

If you want to interpret the Saiyans as naturally ruthless domineering jerks.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Drepanosaurus

Post by Drepanosaurus » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:48 am

He seems like the typical Saiyan that love his job as a savage. Unlike Nappa and Vegeta, he did try have Goku join forces with him. He could have been a good person if he was raise right.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:49 pm

Saiyans are not naturally evil. They just did bad things.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:45 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:44 am The Son family are pretty much the exception. Saiyans are indeed a vicious, savage, and aggressive species that kills and pillages planets for fun. That's why Beerus came to despise the Saiyans as a nuisance and sanctioned the destruction of Planet Vegeta. Because Saiyans are an evil species :think:

For 1 Bardock there are 10000 like Prince Vegeta. And it looks like Raditz might not have inherited his father's kindness.
You forgot Broly. He just has rage issues that are hopefully done with in Super Hero.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:58 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:45 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:44 am The Son family are pretty much the exception. Saiyans are indeed a vicious, savage, and aggressive species that kills and pillages planets for fun. That's why Beerus came to despise the Saiyans as a nuisance and sanctioned the destruction of Planet Vegeta. Because Saiyans are an evil species :think:

You forgot Broly. He just has rage issues that are hopefully done with in Super Hero.
Well I wouldn't call Broly evil, but he's still very savage, vicious, and aggressive. That's how he gets his power in the first place, by turning into what essentially is a rabid animal.

Maybe that will change in the upcoming movie but until then we only have what the Broly movie showed us. And it showed us that Broly reached the peak of his power by losing his mind from Paragus' death.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:25 pm

*looks at avatar.. :cry: