Regarding different hair types in Super Saiyan in DBO

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Aim
Banned

Regarding different hair types in Super Saiyan in DBO

Post by Aim » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:58 am

So, something that has always fascinated me is how different hair types look in Super Saiyan. Now Xenoverse is a let down in this regard, however, DBO gave us different hair styles with their Super Saiyan forms.

Something that I find strange is how minimalistic the change is in some hair types. If I recall, Toriyama helped with designs on avatars didn’t he? I find it interesting that this may be his takes on different hair designs when the user goes SS.

Here’s a video showcasing all the designs.

When it comes to some of the mens and most of the women’s styles, the change is almost nonexistent, with only a couple strands standing up in some cases. I wonder if this is intentional or if it was done to cut time?

This is something that has interested me for a while now.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Regarding different hair types in Super Saiyan in DBO

Post by Grimlock » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:22 pm

The only one I think they got wrong is the bald one. If a person is bald then, you know... There's no hair at all. Transforming into Super Saiyan shouldn't grow any hair, as there's no hair to grow to begin with.

Glad Xenoverse ignored this (assuming they knew about these designs), so no hair on Nappa as a Super Saiyan. And because Heroes is so far the only source we have, no hair for bald ones either as a Super Saiyan 3.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:27 am

Grimlock wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:22 pm The only one I think they got wrong is the bald one. If a person is bald then, you know... There's no hair at all. Transforming into Super Saiyan shouldn't grow any hair, as there's no hair to grow to begin with.

Glad Xenoverse ignored this (assuming they knew about these designs), so no hair on Nappa as a Super Saiyan. And because Heroes is so far the only source we have, no hair for bald ones either as a Super Saiyan 3.
Xenoverse didn’t actually ignore it intentionally, xenoverse is super lazy with the hair.

Ironixie

Post by Ironixie » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:52 am

Dragon ball online had many great hairstyles, but in my opinion, I feel like they should have added a little bit more, sometimes when I'm playing the game I feel like I'm looking at its mirror image of myself.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:58 am

Ironixie wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:52 am Dragon ball online had many great hairstyles, but in my opinion, I feel like they should have added a little bit more, sometimes when I'm playing the game I feel like I'm looking at its mirror image of myself.
I just find it weird some of the hair styles barely had a change, like the longer ones.

Asmo

Post by Asmo » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:41 am

Grimlock wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:22 pm The only one I think they got wrong is the bald one. If a person is bald then, you know... There's no hair at all. Transforming into Super Saiyan shouldn't grow any hair, as there's no hair to grow to begin with.

I'll have to go back and check, but I could swear that my created character in XV2 (who was bald) did sprout the SS3 hair.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:13 pm

I never noticed before but I think it does. Not that it matters much actually, they would obviously go by what pleases the most. If your character is bald and upon transforming nothing changes then there would be people complaining. In this case it's best to play it safe and give hair to bald ones, even if it doesn't make much sense.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~