Is Broly the LSSJ that Beerus wants to fight?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Is Broly the LSSJ that Beerus wants to fight?

Post by Seekeroftruth » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:10 am

Broly with his oozaru powers combine and actually being challenge in a fight was stronger than SSG Goku and Vegeta. We then see that Broly just in his FPSSJ form was able to fight equally with SSJ Gogeta who should be equivalent to SSG Gogeta. Thus, we can conclude that Broly power alone succeeds greatly that of the level SSG Goku that beerus used less than 1% of his powers on at the start of super.

Now, imagine broly obtaining higher levels of SSJ or even UI (which would be appropriate given the character), he should be all accounts be more than a match for beerus and thus fulfill the oracle fish prophecy.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: Is Broly the LSSJ that Beerus wants to fight?

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:48 pm

Seekeroftruth wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:10 am Broly with his oozaru powers combine and actually being challenge in a fight was stronger than SSG Goku and Vegeta. We then see that Broly just in his FPSSJ form was able to fight equally with SSJ Gogeta who should be equivalent to SSG Gogeta. Thus, we can conclude that Broly power alone succeeds greatly that of the level SSG Goku that beerus used less than 1% of his powers on at the start of super.

Now, imagine broly obtaining higher levels of SSJ or even UI (which would be appropriate given the character), he should be all accounts be more than a match for beerus and thus fulfill the oracle fish prophecy.
Its possible but I doubt Broly will return. I would like him to return but I have my doubts about it.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:45 am

Seekeroftruth wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:10 am Now, imagine Broly obtaining higher levels of SSJ or even UI (which would be appropriate given the character)
How would UI be appropriate? He's far from having the necessary control over his transformations to even think about it now. Even then I think the staff would rather stay by his green haired LSSJ form due to how iconic it is.
Hulk10 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:48 pm Its possible but I doubt Broly will return. I would like him to return but I have my doubts about it.
Um what he's returning in the next movie.

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:06 pm

I hope so! One of the nice things about Battle of Gods was that it ended with Goku facing a challenge he couldn't surpass. If Broly ends up being able to challenge Beerus that would be a great way to wrap up Super on a similar note.

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:21 am

Xeogran wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:45 am
Seekeroftruth wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:10 am Now, imagine Broly obtaining higher levels of SSJ or even UI (which would be appropriate given the character)
How would UI be appropriate? He's far from having the necessary control over his transformations to even think about it now. Even then I think the staff would rather stay by his green haired LSSJ form due to how iconic it is.
Hulk10 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:48 pm Its possible but I doubt Broly will return. I would like him to return but I have my doubts about it.
Broly is very much like a caveman that relies on his instincts/rage to fight, i think UI would be appropriate for him.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:33 am

Seekeroftruth wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:21 am Broly is very much like a caveman that relies on his instincts/rage to fight, i think UI would be appropriate for him.
That actually has more to do with Ultra Ego, which is strengthened by battle lust and self indulgence. Ultra Instinct requires a calm heart and extreme self control.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:49 am

Yeah, rage and UI don't mix. But rage and UE do.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:11 pm

I don't think so.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:20 pm

You know what, this thread made me revisit some old wounds I received on this very forum. I remember thinking about Cabba being the possible LSSJ and everyone including moderators saying that LSSJ doesn’t exist to the point where the thread got locked.. looks like Toriyama doesn’t give a crap about what we consider “canon” to the manga.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33269

That’s the thread for reference ^

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:53 am

Beerus specifically wanted to fight the Super Saiyan God, as that's what the Oracle Fish's prophecy said, and the Oracle Fish said that Beerus's opponent would appear that specific day that Goku became the Super Saiyan God. So no, there's really no wiggle room for Broly to be the individual.
Hulk10 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:11 pm
I don't think so.
Yes, he's definitely in the upcoming movie. We see him, albeit briefly, in the trailer.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:49 am

Darkprince410 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:53 am Beerus specifically wanted to fight the Super Saiyan God, as that's what the Oracle Fish's prophecy said, and the Oracle Fish said that Beerus's opponent would appear that specific day that Goku became the Super Saiyan God. So no, there's really no wiggle room for Broly to be the individual.
Hulk10 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:11 pm

I don't think so.
Yes, he's definitely in the upcoming movie. We see him, albeit briefly, in the trailer.
Cool. But I like him better with his shirtless look. It suits him more.