Hypothetical Tournament of Power

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Hypothetical Tournament of Power

Post by anubisj » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:43 am

Hey guys,

So let's imagine I'm Zeno for a second (I'm quite childish, if that helps) and I decided to organize a Tournament of Power with all the big baddies from all sagas/movies from DB, DBZ, DBGT, DBS, DBS MANGA, DBH (plus a main character from each special and, when appropriate, from games too). I would like for you to tell me which team would win.

Here's the three most important rules:

1- I pick who participates, and organize the teams; in this case, there are 4 teams of 11 members each, divided on race(a few participants might share the same goal though, insted of the race).

2- It's a Tournament of Power, with the exact same rules. If a team loses, all of their homes will be erased.

3- As I'm bored and ridiculously powerful, I've decided to make everyone relatively the same in terms of BP. That means giving people from the lower sagas a raw power up, and giving the people from the higher sagas a raw debuff; this way everyone will be more or less the same when it comes to raw strength. Their abilites and minds are the same, and Master Roshi will still be weaker than Cell, it's just that he won't get one-shotted by him anymore. I've evened the odds a bit.

So, here are the teams (as I said, I picked them from the final villains pool, I didn't leave anyone out, though I obviously have my own saga selection, for example the King Piccolo and Piccolo arcs are part of the same saga, for me):

Aliens: Frieza (from the Namek saga), Cooler (not Meta Cooler, he wasn't technically Cooler), Bojack, Baby (he's in his "teen" form, but not Vegeta Baby, just Baby), Frieza (from Resurrection of F, I teleported him from the Super timeline), Hit, Jiren, Moro, Granolah (after he got the power up, but definitely not the strongest in the universe, I've debuffed this chump quite a bit), Hearts, Sealas (from World Mission)

Earthlings/Androids: Master Roshi, Officer Black (with the Battle Jacket), Grandpa Gohan, Ten Shin Han (with his best skills from the whole franchise), King Gurumes, Master Shen, Cell (perfect form already, most powerful state he can be), Dr. Wheelo (not the Heroes version though, as he wasn't a final villain there), Android 13 (Super form), Super Android 17, Beerus (he begged me to let him fight for Earth, 'cause he likes the food; remember that even Hakai has been debuffed)

Demons/Divine beings: Lucifer, Garlic Jr. (immortal), Majin Buu (pure, kid form, ready to absorb people), Janemba (can transform into his final form), Hildegarn (can transform into his final form), Omega Shenron, Fused Zamasu, Mechikabura (godly form), Demigra (can transform into his best form; he's from Xenoverse), Mira final form (white fur, from Xenoverse 2), Majin Android 21 (from FighterZ)

Saiyans plus Namekians (uncomfortable alliance): Kid Goku (as power balls work, he could transform into Oozaru by seeing one), Piccolo (best skills from the franchise), Scouter Vegeta (with tail, skills only from Saiyan saga), Turles (he ate a couple fruits just before being selected), Lord Slug, Broly, Broly (from Super), Cumber, Bardock (regular Bardock from the special, no weirdos from the future), Future Gohan, Goku Jr.

So, those are the teams, those are the rules. Remember the following:

In these kinds of tournaments, minds and stress play a huge part. Strategy and teamwork are crucial. They are forced to fight together, sure, but they are not forced to work together. Perhaps there's a leader in each team, that you can decide, to make them cooperate. But some characters, based on their personalities and past experiences, will have a hard time cooperating with certain others. Some of them might want to target specific characters from opposing teams (to get revenge, for example), or specific teams. Others might just play around, without knowing the stakes at play, 'cause they might not care (or might not be able to understand). As the BP are more or less equal, it's no longer just brute strength that will save the day. Whoever wins will need confidence, motivation to win, and a good plan to beat the opposing teams (or at least remain with the most fighters after the 45 mins).

They have half an hour to prepare, right before the tournament, but they must start the tournament with the 11 participants I selected (so no absorbing beofre the battle starts, for example); these 30 min are to make a plan.

Who would win in this crucial battle royale? How would the battle go? Who would defeat who? (I'll post my thoughts and analysis soon, for now just want to see some thoughts).

Pd: Please guys, seriously, no "But Beerus could just Hakai'd them in a second" comments, let's all imagine Dragon Ball is balanced for 45 minutes.