Is Trunks as beloved as Hercule in the Future?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Is Trunks as beloved as Hercule in the Future?

Post by Peach » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:30 pm

Hercule gets all this love for supposedly defeating Cell.

But what about Trunks? Doesn't he get any appreciation for defeating the Androids? The Androids caused unfathomable chaos for years and traumatized Earth a heck of a lot more than Cell absorbing people and appearing on tv.
Last edited by Peach on Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Is Trunks as beloved as Hercule in the Future?

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:17 am

I don’t think they ever showed Trunks being praised, unless I am missing something?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:16 am

Hercule/Mr. Satan was already a celebrity figure prior to defeating Cell. He just capitalized on it after Cell's defeat. It's not in Trunks' character to be the same type of celebrity. However I think they looked to him as a sort of resistance leader like John Connor.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:01 am

I dunno if anybody knows what actually happened with the androids, or if they knew Cell existed, but they sure knew Trunks was the one fighting Black for over a year. Mai had a small army that seemed to do what Trunks told them to.

So, maybe not as BELOVED as Mr. Satan, but he sure was the recipient of their hopes like Mr. Satan was in the Buu arc or in the Bojack movie.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:49 pm

If any survivors were there between the Androids, Cell, and Goku Black attacks, I'm sure they would have found time to appreciate Trunks for saving them.

At least, in DBS humanity held Trunks in high regard.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:45 pm

This is a pretty interesting thread, actually. It hadn't really occurred to me that Trunks is the only other person besides Mr. Satan to successfully convince the people of Earth to donate to a Spirit Bomb, albeit he had an easier job considering that hardly anyone was left in his timeline. While Trunks may have reaped some fame for finally ridding the world of the Androids, the world was probably too traumatised and busy rebuilding to pay much attention. His continued battles against Black and Zamasu really raised his profile into this revered John Connor figure, as DP Piccolo said. Makes sense considering his inspirations. :P

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:36 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:01 am I dunno if anybody knows what actually happened with the androids, or if they knew Cell existed, but they sure knew Trunks was the one fighting Black for over a year. Mai had a small army that seemed to do what Trunks told them to.

So, maybe not as BELOVED as Mr. Satan, but he sure was the recipient of their hopes like Mr. Satan was in the Buu arc or in the Bojack movie.
Cell announced his game and blew up part of a city. The first half of the Cell Games were broadcast on live TV. They made a movie of the "events" and show it at the ... 25th TB.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

BWri

Post by BWri » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:34 pm

I'm not even sure if TV is available in Trunks' timeline. I believe they have radio, unless that's an anime only thing. Maybe people know of Trunks but haven't really seen him.

Also, everyone's dead now. Since there are now 2 Trunks in one universe, they could end up being known as the Twin Heroes or something.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:20 pm

The world was very post-apocaliptic so I don't think celebrities would be a thing. Perhaps once they would rebuild society they could go back to such superfluous things but Trunks does not seem like the type of person that would go with the humans and tell them: remember the androids I killed them.

Neither would bulma. Trunks saving of the world would most likely remain anonymous.

Nice topic though

Ironixie

Post by Ironixie » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:00 am

I don't think so, I don't think Hercule was even relevant in the future since he's never really lied about the Cell incident, he's never really had a chance to actually. What was left of humanity in its dying moments seems to have put their faith in Trunks at the end, so I would think they would probably trust Trunks more with the future.