I Need An Explanation For Something...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

I Need An Explanation For Something...

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:21 pm

I would like to know why Future Trunks was able to restore Son Goku back to full strength in the Future Trunks Saga of the Dragon Ball Super Manga, while Elder Kaioshin had made the claim that Kibito Kai wouldn't have been able to restore Super Saiyan 4 Son Goku back to full strength in the Baby Saga of Dragon Ball GT.

Does this mean that the unmastered forms of Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue, and Ascended Super Saiyan Blue from the Dragon Ball Super Manga Timeline are weaker than the unmastered form of Super Saiyan 4 from the Dragon Ball GT Timeline?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: I Need An Explanation For Something...

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:38 pm

I think this is much more about Trunks having more latent power than Kibitoshin than about how SS4 and SSGSS compare to each other. Not that any of that matters anyway.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:52 am

That just means that GT was written with different in universe rules in mind.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:17 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:38 pm I think this is much more about Trunks having more latent power than Kibitoshin than about how SS4 and SSGSS compare to each other. Not that any of that matters anyway.
I don't think that's the case, cause battle power level shouldn't have anything to do with healing powers. Trunks barely trained under gods compared to how old Shin was and he was still fused in GT. Kibitoshin should have much higher divine powers compared to regular mortal who didn't even use such power before iirc. If GT and DBS were to be compared such way, that would be very strong argument for GT.
mute_proxy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:52 am That just means that GT was written with different in universe rules in mind.
This, although this is a good contraargument against people actually using DBS feats against GT. And there's much more like GT Goku easily beating Frieza after years of training. In the end though, these are two different series with completely different rules. If you said to GT Goku that DBS Goku can't beat god of destruction he would laugh at how weak he is because he has beaten one already, Luud. And that's the only thing that would come into his mind hearing "god of destruction". It would work the same way if DBS Goku heard that the strongest villain in GT were evil dragons.

So...
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:21 pm Does this mean that the unmastered forms of Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue, and Ascended Super Saiyan Blue from the Dragon Ball Super Manga Timeline are weaker than the unmastered form of Super Saiyan 4 from the Dragon Ball GT Timeline?
No, unless they moved into actual GT timeline using time ring or something else and GT Kibitoshin would be able to heal SSJ Blue Goku or DBS Trunks wouldn't be able to heal SSJ4 Goku.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:54 am

GT isn't canon so it's in universe logic has no bearing on super.

Trunks being "more powerful" could make his healing better than Kibitos, but he didn't even know he has it and Kibito might have more experience and be better at magic.

GT's scene is stupid, Dende isn't as strong as Vegeta in the namek saga, there's no inclination healing stops working with a power discrepancy.

Probably just GT either wanking the saiyans or the stop Kibitoshin healing ss4 goku repeatedly until he could even beat guys like omega shenron eventually.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.