Having the human Z fighters learn the dance fusion would make them relevant again

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shintoki
Beyond Newbie

Having the human Z fighters learn the dance fusion would make them relevant again

Post by Shintoki » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:33 pm

iirc. the only downside is that it has compatibility requirements so Piccolo can't use it cuz goku is a human while he's a namekian and chiaotzu since he's the height of a child.

for the rest of the Z fighters tho, having all of the human cast like Yamcha, Tien, krillin, roshi [buffed to make his height compatible] which surely would make them at least Namek arc krillin level of relevent again in terms of the power scaling.

i'm thinking of a Four way fusion via the dance like yamcha, tien, krillin and roshi all fusing together to make the ultimate warrior. iirc, dance fusion can have more than two fusionées

thoughts? if i were the writer, that would be the thing i would do to make the cast relevant again and having them learn kaioken afterwards.

relaying on goku forever is a silly message that i'm kinda done with after GT, why repeat it for super? the cast look useless now compared to goku and vegeta being the god like fighters they are.

P.S why does my writing get italized after first paragraph?
:wave:
Last edited by Shintoki on Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:21 pm You could also, y'know, become a real buddhist
DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:18 am Isn't this technically worshipping the Monkey King?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: having the Human Z fighters learn the dance fusion would make them relevant again

Post by Lionel » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:40 am

It would help but fusion alone isn't going to cut it in bridging the astronomical gap between the humans and the Saiyans. You've had an ever growing chasm between the two groups which was hardly challenged as in the case of Krillin's immediate potential unlocked power or, arguably, the humans compared to the base Saiyans in the early segment of the Android arc (personally I think they could have reached late Freeza arc power level standards).

First and foremost the relevant parties need to have the will to aspire for such a lofty martial standard -- not just the humans themselves but the author too. Does Toriyama want to see Krillin, Yamcha and the others made into competitive forces with sub-narratives and an intertwined presence against the various antagonistic forces of the arcs? Next is the avenues they can take to reach said standard. The tools are out there. It's only a matter of everyone wanting to use them.

I personally would be happy to see Tenshinhan and Krillin standing shoulder to shoulder on comparative or at least vaguely adjacent levels with Goku. Seeing humans shatter preconceived notions of capability and imposition is probably one of my favourite tropes in fiction like this. It's why I really enjoyed the Multiverse fight between Goku and Uub. Many would argue that the latter brandishing a newfangled Kaioken multiplier seemed contrived but watching the young human pull out everything he had in a fiercely overwhelming, and self-destructive, display of strength which took even Goku in his SSJ3 form aback was very satisfying; that's the kind of subversion I like to see. Not some cliched geneticist epiphanic transforming of the Saiyans which they use to bring their opponents to heel.

Ironixie

Re: having the Human Z fighters learn the dance fusion would make them relevant again

Post by Ironixie » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:23 am

Possibly or possibly not, power scaling wise, yes they should be relevant and their fusions base should be blue level considering how things can get scaled, but narratively they can end up just being like Gotenks if they don't train before being able to fuse. Being able to amplify their power before fusion should help them keep relevancy. Like master Roshi's Max Power form, or going kaioken, Godki, and whatever that filler thing Krillin did, "no ego zone" or whatever.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:28 am

The reincarnated as Yamcha manga has Chaozu and Yamcha pretty sure they could take a Cell Jr.

So I guess this is where they kinda cap out.

I'd loved to have seen Tenku Goshinhan or whatever. He's trained to his current limits as both fusees, had SS3 which brings out power to limits anyway and would be a half saiyan like Gohan with all that potentially but is fully trained and a fusion. The blending of Crane and Kame school...

I'd rather have seen that then Vegito tbh.

Vegeta is not a likeable character up until "you are number one" or the super manga imo.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:59 am

I guess my question(s) is (are):

Why do they need to be relevant again? And what does "relevant" mean here?

I don't really have any interest in Tenshinhan going toe-to-toe with Granolla or Gas or whatever. He had some really useful, "cool" moments against Cell and Boo, and they served their purpose. He had some cool time during the Moro minions fight.

That's already "too much", quite honestly, and sorta goes against what Toriyama's modus operandi has always been for side characters: introduce them, use them, and move on. They're goal posts, and they're meant to be toppled.

I love Tenshinhan. I had a great time with him. I don't need Yamhan in the current story to make it interesting; that would, to the contrary, make the story less interesting to me.

Give me compelling new characters, instead. I don't come to Dragon Ball for them to bring characters out of the woodwork as important, central, essential comrades again. I didn't like the Tournament of Power for a lot of reasons, and this shtick was part of it. They experimented, and it failed for me, so I don't want them to keep experimenting down this path.

(Or, on the flip side, I'd also be fine with the damn thing just being done...)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:40 am

VegettoEX pretty much summarized my whole sentiment with this idea. I personally have no interest in seeing them again and I hope this stays like that.

Perhaps the only cool dynamic in this regard that I liked from the Tournament of Power was with Roshi. Piccolo, Tenshinhan, and Krillin had their time. I honestly think even Gohan, No.17 and No.18 have nothing more to offer at this point.

Let Goten, Trunks, Pan and Boo have a prominent role, as they have room to grow.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:57 am

VegettoEX wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:59 am Why do they need to be relevant again?
Exactly this. There's plenty of things and methods you could introduce to make the human fighters get up to a level of strength where they can be relevant players in a battle with DBS villains... but why? What purpose would that serve in the story, besides adding in blatant fanservice anyway?
The original Dragon Ball story knew when it was time to let a character take a backseat role or exit the story entirely. Modern Dragon Ball doesn't need to start doing the exact opposite (in fact it's doing too much of the opposite already). Let the characters who have already had their time in the sun move on.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Godo
I Live Here

Re: Having the human Z fighters learn the dance fusion would make them relevant again

Post by Godo » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:53 am

I think that using fusion wouldn't have the intended effect of making the humans relevant again.
I mean, Goten and Trunks have principally only been relevant as Gotenks. Just the existence of Gotenks has lead to them not having much development or space as characters at all.

Ever since the Freeza arc for Kuririn (and Saiya-jin arc for Yamcha and Tenshinhan), their power has been dwarfed to the point that they can't fare well in any fight. If you look at Kuririn, his kienzan was effective against second form Freeza and as for Tenshinhan, his Kikoho only serves as a delaying tactic more than being effective at all.

What I like about Super is that they have given the humans some of the respect they deserve. As in, they are strong and formidable fighters, but nothing compared to the top fodder.

Introducing fusion wouldn't give more focus to Tenshinhan and Yamcha, but rather the fusion itself, as in the resulting individual Yamhan/Tencha.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Re: Having the human Z fighters learn the dance fusion would make them relevant again

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:04 pm

ngl I'm kinda confused by people saying "I don't care about the human/supporting fighters" Like, do you want to just pretend they don't exist anymore? lol

Frankly I would be overjoyed if guys like Yamcha and Tien got a moment to show some skill, I'm thinking something like Goku fighting the bio-warriors in World's Strongest. Clearly not a huge demonstration of power but a sweet little piece of animation serving as a love letter.

Then again I'm one of those people who miss the show being more martial-artsy.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:18 pm

I love the Yamcha-Tien fusion in the video games. Would love to see it in the movies or shows.

I think Tien could probably fuse with himself too, yeah? He has that Multi-Form move. Fuse the four Tien's together for a big 30 minute boost.

Androids 17 & 18 fusing together seem like a no brainer too.