How Strong Are Janemba & Super Janemba?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

How Strong Are Janemba & Super Janemba?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:11 pm

I would like to know how would Janemba and Super Janemba compare to the likes of the Z-Fighters and all of the various different forms of Majin Buu from the Majin Buu Saga, as from what I could gather on my own, Janemba has a Power Level comparable to that of Kid Buu (Daikaioh & South Kaioshin Absorbed) from Janemba being defeated by Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku (Angel) and Super Janemba has a Power Level much higher than that of Kid Buu (Base Form) from Super Janemba being able to defeat Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku (Angel).

Kaboom

Re: How Strong Are Janemba & Super Janemba?

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:55 pm

Hella.

Goku paid Janemba an "ain't never felt a ki as powerful as that" compliment, and said he was the first person to push him to use Super Saiyan 3 after Majin Boo. Which would at least make him stronger than Fat Majin Boo, but not drastically stronger since Goku could still beat him pretty easily with SS3.

Then after transforming, Janemba turned the tables and defeated Goku without much trouble, and ultimately required a Goku-and-Vegeta Fusion to defeat. Indicating his strength is probably comparable to Evil/Super Boo. though maybe not as strong as his Gotenks- or Gohan-absorbed states.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:22 am

SSj3 Goku lost to Janemba and defeat Hirudegarn. Hirudegarn was able to defeat SSj3 Gotenks easily and Janemba is probaly stronger via power scaling (Janemba>SSj3Goku>Hirudegarn). He is probably on the same leve as Buutenks, but below Buuhan.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:48 am

Kaboom wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:55 pm Hella.

Goku paid Janemba an "ain't never felt a ki as powerful as that" compliment, and said he was the first person to push him to use Super Saiyan 3 after Majin Boo. Which would at least make him stronger than Fat Majin Boo, but not drastically stronger since Goku could still beat him pretty easily with SS3.

Then after transforming, Janemba turned the tables and defeated Goku without much trouble, and ultimately required a Goku-and-Vegeta Fusion to defeat. Indicating his strength is probably comparable to Evil/Super Boo. though maybe not as strong as his Gotenks- or Gohan-absorbed states.
Thank you very much, Kaboom. For replying to me.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:52 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:22 am SSj3 Goku lost to Janemba and defeat Hirudegarn. Hirudegarn was able to defeat SSj3 Gotenks easily and Janemba is probaly stronger via power scaling (Janemba>SSj3Goku>Hirudegarn). He is probably on the same leve as Buutenks, but below Buuhan.
And thank you very much, Hellspawn28. For replying to me too.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:50 pm

didn't Janemba have advantage because of his abilities more than simple power?

Plus one might argue M13 Goku was stronger especially after developing the Dragon Fisting

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:35 pm

Janemba was stated to be stronger than Hirudegarn on an old Toei film site so I suppose he was the strongest movie villain pre-BOG/ROF. However, Takao Koyama also said that Broly was the strongest DBZ character prior to Beerus so maybe I'm wrong? I don't know.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:40 am

Janemba by feats stomps all of canon DBZ

Only by spawning in his weaker form he warped a 2 living universes Wide space (afterlife, starting from hell and getting immediately to the grand Kai planet, places that are at the antipodes in the cosmology), changing it as he pleased , isolating it from any external thing and taking possession of it in every aspect.

And super janemba is multiple times stronger even.

Goku himself has universal feats during the movie by just turning ssj3

Movie characters are just that stronger than canon ones

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:52 am

p-hyvo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:40 am Janemba by feats stomps all of canon DBZ

Only by spawning in his weaker form he warped a 2 living universes Wide space (afterlife, starting from hell and getting immediately to the grand Kai planet, places that are at the antipodes in the cosmology), changing it as he pleased , isolating it from any external thing and taking possession of it in every aspect.

Well given that Goku could stand up to super janemba a bit Gotenks and Gohan could beat him. SS1 Gogeta basically one shot the dude.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:34 am

Kaboom wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:55 pm Hella.

I agree with this reasoning but I would put Super Janemba below Super Boo despite the clear parallel because SS3 Goku managed to get some meaningful hits on Janemba, whereas I don't see him doing the same to Boo. He probably slots somewhere between Kid Boo and Super Boo.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:07 am

Agreed with the posters above.

Fat Janemba mirrors Fat Buu in every way possible, he is fat, childish, naive, copies techniques on the spot, has a deep dark evil inside, and his power level is below SS3.
Super Janemba mirrors Super Buu, his physique, that evil grin, that hax, and being too much for Goku and Vegeta.

The movie takes place after Goku returned to the Other World and Vegeta died against Fat Buu, and on Earth the problem was Hitler's undead army, meaning Buu was already dealt with by Gotenks or Gohan.
So Fat Janemba is stronger than Fat Buu but weaker than SS3 Goku.
Super Janemba, however, seems to be weaker than Super Buu, considering how Goku actually stood up his ground alone at first, while he didn't even want to outnumber Super Buu.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:37 pm

SSj3 Goku has better stamina in Other World because he was dead which makes him stronger than living SSj3 Goku. Unless Goku gotten stronger because of training. DBZ Movie 13 probably takes place six months after the wish of Buu's memories being erased. Fat Buu is probably sleeping somewhere which explains why he never show up (In universe). I'm not sure if Goku can defeat Janemba just after a year later.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:11 am

The Z movies usually sort of mirror what's going on in the anime around the time they come out, aside from a few (World's Strongest, Tree of Might, and Lord Slug are kind of oddballs, and Wrath of the Dragon takes place sometime vaguely after the Buu saga.)

Fusion Reborn is definitely the "Buu Saga movie." The villain is a magical/demonic being with weird powers that has a huge fat childlike form and then a stronger, more-human-proportioned evil form. Goku fights the fat childlike form in Super Saiyan 3, and then he and Vegeta fuse to beat up the stronger evil form.

I'd say that Fat Janemba is right around Fat Buu's level -- weak enough that SSj3 Goku can beat him if he takes the fight seriously (Goku stated he could've beaten Fat Buu but chose to take it easy rather than going all-out and finishing him off, so the kids could give it a try after they learned the Fusion Dance), but strong enough that nobody below SSj3 Goku would really have a chance. Maybe he's a little stronger than Fat Buu, maybe he's about on the same level... either way pretty much works.

Super Janemba is almost certainly weaker than Super Buu, though. SSj3 Goku actually seemed to be able to sort of fight Janemba but couldn't keep up with his weird abilities, rather than it just being a gap in raw power. He didn't just get thrashed right away, they fought for a little while before Goku got overwhelmed and they resorted to fusion. So... weaker than Super Buu but stronger than Kid Buu, I guess? Goku didn't seem to think he could win without fusion, unlike with Kid Buu where he was confident right up until the moment SSj3 drained his stamina too much and he dropped down to base form.

But Goku refused to even try to fight Super Buu without using fusion and outright told Vegeta that even if the two of them together tried to fight regular Super Buu (after they removed everyone he'd absorbed) they'd die for sure.

So I'd say Janemba is at best almost as strong as base Super Buu, but most likely weaker than that. Depending on just how big you figure the gap between SSj3 Goku and Super Buu is, Janemba could be a lot weaker than Super Buu but still a lot stronger than SSj3 Goku.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:17 am

I also share the opinion that Janemba is Boo’s mirror, even in the strength department. It’s probably how it was supposed to be read a fight between Goku and Boo, at least until he started absorbing Gotenks and the others.

ervinjason

Post by ervinjason » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:36 pm

Goku paid Janemba an "ain't never felt a ki as powerful as that" compliment, and said he was the first person to push him to use Super Saiyan 3 after Majin Boo.

Which would at least make him stronger than Fat Majin Boo, but not drastically stronger since Goku could still beat him pretty easily with SS3.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:44 pm

As everyone else pointed out, Janemba has the strongest Ki Goku ever felt. Question is, what was the strongest Ki Goku ever felt before Janemba? Well Gotenks exists in this movie and seems to have already trained in the Rosat, plus Daizenshuu 6 says this movie takes place when they should be fighting Super Boo. So I'd say Fat Janemba is more on Super Boo's level, but I'm not sure if it's Suppressed Super Boo or Full Power Super Boo. I'm leaning towards the former.

As for Super Janemba, I don't think the boost is that considerable. Goku could still put up a fight and land a couple good blows back until Janemba got his sword. He's maybe twice as strong as before with SSJ3 Goku right in the middle, and should be either still in Super Boo's ballpark or on Gotenks-Boo's level.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:02 pm

Fat Janemba => Fat Buu

Janemba > Super Buu

I would put him around Buuttenks level personally.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:36 am

Both have some universe + level range hax and super janemba greatly outscales Goku who is universal in his own Right in the movie.
Janemba in particular is stronger than z anime

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:50 am

TobyS wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:52 am

Well given that Goku could stand up to super janemba a bit Gotenks and Gohan could beat him. SS1 Gogeta basically one shot the dude.
You know that in the movies we see ssj Goku having better feats than both gotenks and ultimate gohan, do you?
Toei is Goku centric and likes to make him look just stronger than anyone else. Movie 13 is literally called " if Goku can't, who can?" I mean, more literal and clear than this, you can't go. Much more like movie 4's title.

And Gogeta was just on a different level from anyone else, so him oneshotting janemba proofs nothing.

Janemba has literally 0 antifeats , he just pummels ssj3 Goku. Honestly, you can perfectly scale him up to base Gogeta without any problem

Juub
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Juub » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:29 am

Hirudegarn smacked around SSJ3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan. According to Toei, Janemba is the strongest movie villain (he easily owned Goku).

Probably comparable to Buutenks. He'd stomp Super Buu without a doubt.