Future Chiaotzu Surviving & Training With Future Gohan & Future Trunks

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Future Chiaotzu Surviving & Training With Future Gohan & Future Trunks

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:39 pm

If 6 months after the death of Future Goku, Future Chiaotzu had survived his fight against Future Android 18 and Future Android 17 and sought out Future Gohan in order to have trained with Future Gohan for 13 years straight on Kami's Lookout before Future Trunks would have joined in on training with them as soon as Future Trunks would have been old enough to do so. Would Future Chiaotzu, Future Gohan, and Future Trunks have been able to defeat Future Android 18 and Future Android 17 if the last Z-Fighters would have been able to train together on Kami's Lookout for 13 years straight and Future Chiaotzu would have went out of his way to have taught absolutely everything he knew about Martial Arts and the usage of Ki to Future Gohan and then Future Trunks?

Also, let us say that this particular alternate scenario takes place in the Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks Timeline and Future Android 18 and Future Android 17 would have waited until 13 years would have went by since they would have murdered most of the Z-Fighters before deciding to invade and destroy every last part of the Sacred Land of Korin too.

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Future Chiaotzu Surviving & Training With Future Gohan & Future Trunks

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:16 pm

First of all even if Chiaotzu DID survive by hiding and trained with Future Gohan and Future Trunks for 13 years there’s NO WAY he would EVER stand a chance against them

He’s just simply not the type to become physically more powerful but only with Ki and techniques which are not enough if he was to fight them alone

But MAYBE if he did a surprise attack on them like he did with Nappa while working with Gohan and Trunks there’s a minuscule chance that he’ll still be able to do any damage at all

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:30 am

[quote=SorikaiWolf89 post_id=1745051 time=1656296160 user_id=127055

MAYBE if he did a surprise attack on them like he did with Nappa while working with Gohan and Trunks there’s still a minuscule chance that he’ll be able to do any damage at all and at most just get 18’s clothes dirty then she’ll just blast him into oblivion
[/quote]

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:11 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:39 pm If 6 months after the death of Future Goku, Future Chiaotzu had survived his fight against Future Android 18 and Future Android 17 and sought out Future Gohan in order to have trained with Future Gohan for 13 years straight on Kami's Lookout before Future Trunks would have joined in on training with them as soon as Future Trunks would have been old enough to do so. Would Future Chiaotzu, Future Gohan, and Future Trunks have been able to defeat Future Android 18 and Future Android 17 if the last Z-Fighters would have been able to train together on Kami's Lookout for 13 years straight and Future Chiaotzu would have went out of his way to have taught absolutely everything he knew about Martial Arts and the usage of Ki to Future Gohan and then Future Trunks?

Also, let us say that this particular alternate scenario takes place in the Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks Timeline and Future Android 18 and Future Android 17 would have waited until 13 years would have went by since they would have murdered most of the Z-Fighters before deciding to invade and destroy every last part of the Sacred Land of Korin too.
Any future characters surviving would be useful to help the saiyan kids train or just hide people and scavenge for supplies and stuff but alas they didn't know what the were up against. Without Trunks warning Chaozu would show up like he did with Freeza and be killed along with the rest. Would cool to see them fight Babidis minions like Puipui.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:06 pm

Chaozu can't help in terms of gaining significant strength through training as he himself is
too weak to be a proper sparring partner for that purpose. He had already given up on trying to be a great fighter and just lived as Tenshinhan's companion mostly. Even against that metal-man prisoner & Zauyogi, Chaozu didn't directly fight and only succeeded in taking advantage of the metal-man's weakness of being insulted.
Chaozu would be better off serving as a distraction for Gohan & Trunks to launch a surprise attack or blowing himself up on one of the Androids when they're backs were turned, he's got nothing else to offer.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:50 pm

I can actually see this happening in canon since Tenshinhan always leaves Chaozu behind, but he really can’t do anything and would eventually just get himself killed.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:19 pm

Is Chaozu even stronger than Nappa?

Also, Chaozu is an untalented and easy-to-see-through fighter outside telekinesis. Dunno what he can teach Gohan and Trunks.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:13 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:19 pm Is Chaozu even stronger than Nappa?

Also, Chaozu is an untalented and easy-to-see-through fighter outside telekinesis. Dunno what he can teach Gohan and Trunks.
Easily, he showed up to fight Freeza, trained to fight the androids and it was only at this stage Tenshinhan decided he would not be helpful and left him behind.

Nappa is trash at this point, Yamcha is mistaken for Goku, and Chaozu isn't that far behind him.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:44 pm

Chiaotzu trained with King Kai and trained to help with the Androids. He was strong and of course it would help.

Whether or not it would push Gohan to be able to beat the Androids? That I do not know. I don't think Chiaotzu has the understanding of Super Saiyan to push Gohan to unlock and evolve it, like Goku did. We also need to consider that Gohan may have less potential in the future timeline. He, like Android 17, may have hit his ceiling.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:04 pm

TobyS wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:13 pm

Easily, he showed up to fight Freeza, trained to fight the androids and it was only at this stage Tenshinhan decided he would not be helpful and left him behind.

Nappa is trash at this point, Yamcha is mistaken for Goku, and Chaozu isn't that far behind him.
Goku agreed with Tenshinhan to leave Chaozu behind but he wanted Yajirobe to join them and he's by far the laziest Z-Warrior.

Tenshinhan also wanted to leave Chaozu behind during the Saiyan invasion but the little mime boy insisted on coming. It would've been for the best as Chaozu ending up dying in vain.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:20 pm

You have a systematic mindset of low expectations when it comes to the humans but Chaozu in particular really stands out. After his debut arc it's like he never could stand his ground while sharing a battlefield with his teammates. You see this in this 23rd tournament where he's eliminated without even making it to the quarter finals. DBZAOTA482 aptly pointed out the protective yet dismissive acknowledgement there was for Chaozu during the Saiyan and Android arcs. Tenshinhan didn't him involved in the fighting to begin with and others around him like Goku agreed.

Chaozu may have survived the onslaught of the cyborgs when they first killed most of the Z-Warriors by virtue of not being present but any retaliatory efforts would have been in vain on his part. Funnily enough though he might have helped make a difference if his paralysis arts could be taught to Trunks and Gohan. You can be significantly weaker than your opponent yet still immobilise them as we saw when Chaozu paralysed Goku during the 22nd tournament. The two Saiyans don't need to be stronger than their opponents in this scenario, they just need to be within throwing distance of them. A psychic user with a power level equivalent to Freeza's could probably immobilise the cyborgs and allow the other Saiyan to take advantage of the opening to finish them off.

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:51 am

Funnily enough though he might have helped make a difference if his paralysis arts could be taught to Trunks and Gohan. You can be significantly weaker than your opponent yet still immobilise them as we saw when Chaozu paralysed Goku
A psychic user with a power level equivalent to Freeza's could probably immobilise the cyborgs and allow the other Saiyan to take advantage of the opening to finish them off.
[/quote]

You DO have a solid point there but that requires him to successfully do a surprise attack on the Androids which might be somewhat hard to do as they would probably easily sense him coming from behind

However if Gohan and Trunks were to distract them it just might somehow work

Also I don’t know if it would be possible to teach a psychic technique to non psychics but it could be possible with enough training and focus I suppose

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:29 am

Peach wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:44 pmChiaotzu trained with King Kai and trained to help with the Androids. He was strong and of course it would help.
Chaozu might be strong when compared to typical Earthlings but he is totally weak in comparison to the other members of the team. Yamcha, of all people, stood more than twice as strong as Chaozu after they had both undergone the same training from Kami & Popo. If Chaozu has less than half of Yamcha's potential, he would've been beyond-useless against the Androids.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:32 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:04 pm
TobyS wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:13 pm

Goku agreed with Tenshinhan to leave Chaozu behind but he wanted Yajirobe to join them and he's by far the laziest Z-Warrior.

Tenshinhan also wanted to leave Chaozu behind during the Saiyan invasion but the little mime boy insisted on coming. It would've been for the best as Chaozu ending up dying in vain.
Does Goku actually ask yajirobe to come in the manga. I remember him asking if that's what he was there to do because it's a legit question but he's just “nah I'm delivering beans”

Also Goku hasn't seen chaozu or the results of his training I took that to mean he's just trusting Tenshinhans judgement rather than saying chaozu is weak.