Is Gohan more handsome than his father?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Is Gohan more handsome than his father?

Post by Seekeroftruth » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:35 am

I remember distinctly in the Freeza saga that Burter referred to Goku as a pretty boy similar to Jeice. In addition, during the princess snake arc many of the female demons were take aback by Goku's looks. Do you think Gohan superseded his father in looks or is Goku still the best looking in his immediate family?

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: Is Gohan more handsome than his father?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:01 am

Beauty is objective.

Gohan may be considered more handsome due to him being smarter and more mature than his father. But female fans love Goku for his boyish charm and innocence.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:00 am

Broli is more handsome than either of them!

Anyway, sometimes the staff just want to frame Gokuu as a DILF because that's probably just the feeling that they get from him. Who knows, perhaps they were leaning into a vibe that they had felt from the audience at home? We're not entirely privy to the full extent of the mood surrounding the franchise in the 1980s and 1990s, after all.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:46 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:01 am Beauty is objective.
You mean "subjective"
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:01 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:46 pm
DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:01 am Beauty is objective.
You mean "subjective"
You are right. Thank you for spotting my mistake.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:12 am

Seekeroftruth wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:35 am I remember distinctly in the Freeza saga that Burter referred to Goku as a pretty boy similar to Jeice. In addition, during the princess snake arc many of the female demons were take aback by Goku's looks. Do you think Gohan superseded his father in looks or is Goku still the best looking in his immediate family?

I guess it depends? The God of Destruction of one of the universes called Goku beautiful so, I’m not entirely sure. It seems to be really subjective as male character aren’t focused much when it comes to beauty standards in Dragon Ball. Toriyama did say something about Whis being good looking IIRC so there’s that, it seems the kind of style like that is what Toriyama considers to be pretty I guess.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:47 pm

Bacterian is more handsome than both.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Ashur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashur » Thu May 05, 2022 5:23 am

Gohan has gained his own share of female attraction (see his High School days, the Great Saiyaman Super episodes or the Cell Arc fillers), and they are so alike in many ways that it is reasonable to say they are both attractive, maybe not supermodel type of attactive, but still good looking.

I think Gohan's current sharper features would give him a more mature look, while Goku retains his more boyish features, so they have differences in that regard, but either can be found attractive for different reasons.

I'd say they are about equal with some leeway for either side depending on preferences.

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Sun May 08, 2022 6:14 am

They are both presumably handsome in-universe

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:35 pm

Seekeroftruth wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:35 am I remember distinctly in the Freeza saga that Burter referred to Goku as a pretty boy similar to Jeice. In addition, during the princess snake arc many of the female demons were take aback by Goku's looks. Do you think Gohan superseded his father in looks or is Goku still the best looking in his immediate family?

They have the exact same face and body type and are even about the same height
Both have very handsome features and attractive muscled bodies making them both equally handsome in my opinion so it all comes down to personal taste in their personalities

Gohan though would make for a more handsome husband I think as he’s very intelligent, mature, and responsible

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:00 am

After seeing the Super Hero Movie and Gohan's new design, I would say "fuck no".

dultimate02

Post by dultimate02 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:43 am

If anything, they're both probably on equal footing in terms of in universe appearance. Gohan is a nudge higher but that's only because of his personality.
aka Hile2002

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:06 pm

SorikaiWolf89 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:35 pm

They have the exact same face and body type and are even about the same height
Both have very handsome features and attractive muscled bodies making them both equally handsome in my opinion so it all comes down to personal taste in their personalities

Ever since Gohan became Ultimate Gohan though with his shaper eyes and more chiseled jawline it boosted his attractiveness by quite a bit as it made him look more like a man replacing his more youthful/boyish appearance before with the more rounded eyes and slightly softer features

Gohan is definitely a much better husband as he’s very intelligent, mature, responsible, and actually spends time with his wife which Goku apparently very rarely does according to ChiChi
So yeah overall I’d give Gohan the advantage in attractiveness over Goku mostly bc of his intelligence over Goku’s ignorance, his responsibility over Goku’s laziness/selfishness, and him being a loving/attentive husband to Videl