Did Goku accidentally sexual assault the Galactic King?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Did Goku accidentally sexual assault the Galactic King?

Post by Seekeroftruth » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:36 am

https://youtu.be/iZBirq2fjEE?t=75

After the Tournament of Destroyers is complete, Goku flies up to the spectator section to meet his companions, although his shoulder experiences a sharp crack of pain, prompting the Galactic King to question his well-being. Goku thanks him for informing him about Hit's Time-Skip, and shakes what he thinks is the Galactic King's hand. Jaco is aghast at the "handshake", and a blushing Galactic King reveals that Goku accidentally grabbed his private part instead, causing Goku to let go shockingly and wipe his hands off on his gi, much to the amusement of those watching.

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Re: Did Goku accidentally sexual assault the Galactic King?

Post by EGonzo » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:11 pm

It's my least favorite gag in Super

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Post by fleahop » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:54 pm

Finally! Now we're asking the real questions.

The pattern of abuse here is more than a one-off situation as well since Goku does this exact thing again during the Moro arc and even again teleporting to him bathing later. I think it's time we cancelled Goku.
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:26 am

Is it assault if he had no way of telling what the correct one was?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Korru

Post by Korru » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:29 am

WIth all due respect, I'm pretty sure any other highly advanced civilization in the cosmos .. has the phrase ... "sexual assault" ( or any alien phrase similar to it ) ... far better defined that here on Earth. Especially since, ya know, the anatomy of many of other species would be categorized and acknowledged in the galactic patrol force within the their database. In other words, you need to know what's considered "sexual" for another species. Meanwhile, Earth wants to make laws solely based on feelz

Long story short, the lingo (for the phrase "sexual assault" ) is far too advanced for Earth's primitive, ill-define definition.
Liked what you liked ... before it was cool

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:24 am

It's a really tasteless gag for a kids series. I wish Toriyama would stop trying to be so edgy when he's so bad at it.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Ashur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashur » Thu May 05, 2022 5:16 am

Well, he accidentally sexually assaulted many people in the past, Chi-Chi, Oolong, Pocawatha, Grandma Paozu, Bulma, etc.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Thu May 05, 2022 10:38 am

Maybe we should complain about it on Twitter and try to get the comic character cancelled for a joke.

It is the 2022 way.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 05, 2022 4:29 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:38 am Maybe we should complain about it on Twitter and try to get the comic character cancelled for a joke.

It is the 2022 way.
This goes for everyone, of course, but especially for this one:

If you have nothing worth saying, you have nothing worth posting.

Additionally, topics you don't personally like are not things you should be reporting using the moderation system. In the future, this will result in strikes back against your own account.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Thu May 05, 2022 7:06 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:29 pmIf you have nothing worth saying, you have nothing worth posting.
That applies to 90% of comments on this entire forum. Hardly anyone ever posts anything worth saying to begin with nor do they pretend otherwise.

I think you need to be more specific as to me it comes across like what you wanted to say was "I don't personally like comments that appear sarcastic in a negative way".

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Sun May 22, 2022 10:17 pm

IT WAS HIS PEE-PEE!!! OMG I laughed so f**king hard. And it's also a callback to Goku "checking" Bulma and others in the OG.

"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Tue May 24, 2022 1:20 pm

Oh well, since I did not watch DBS I did not know about it

And now the video is unavailable, and it is not like I am going to look for it so...

I don't know if that gag is cringy

But to answer your question and based merely on the actions described on the text, no, in my personal point of view it was not sexual assault, it was an honest mistake. it is like when you are in a parade, blackfriday or whatever crowed places and someone pushes you, imagine it is a female and they push her by the breast area, you wouldn't claim it as an assault, right? it just accidentally happens....It might seem as if goku did it on purpose but Goku is not familiar with alien anatomy so it was not on purpose.

Goku would pat people in private parts because he was a wild child, an ignorant.