How Strong Did Son Goku Become After Training With His Masters?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

How Strong Did Son Goku Become After Training With His Masters?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue May 24, 2022 8:41 pm

Or to be more specific, how much stronger did Son Goku become after training under Grandpa Gohan from before the start of Dragon Ball, Master Roshi from before the start of the 21st Budokai, Master Korin from before Son Goku's rematch against Mercenary Tao, Mister Popo from before the start of the 23rd Budokai, North Kai, Bubbles, and Gregory from before Nappa and Vegeta had arrived on Planet Earth? And the Yardratians from before King Cold, Mecha Frieza, and their men had arrived on Planet Earth?

Also, if you had the chance to have met and then train under Daikaioh, North Supreme Kai, South Supreme Kai, East Supreme Kai, West Supreme Kai, Grand Kai, North Kai, Bubbles, Gregory, South Kai, East Kai, West Kai, Mister Popo, Master Korin, Kami, Master Mutaito, Master Roshi, Grandpa Gohan, the Yardratians, and/or absolutely anyone else you would have wanted from the Dragon World, who would you have chosen and how much stronger do you personally believe you would become after finishing your training with your chosen Teacher or Teachers?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: How Strong Did Son Goku Become After Training With His Masters?

Post by Koitsukai » Wed May 25, 2022 12:00 pm

To gauge his gains from birth to after meeting Grandpa Gohan, we can only use Z Broly's movie where they say he had a PL of 2, and by the time he meets Bulma he was at 10. So 5x stronger after coming to Earth and living under a weaker gravity. (Perhaps, based on the gravity, if Vegeta-sei wasn't destroyed his power would've been 10x stronger?)

The manga never states how strong people were in the beginning of DB, but I think Roshi, in some ancillary material, is stated to be around 100 or so. Goku fights evenly with Jackie Chun, so he must've gotten 10x stronger under his regime, if he can fight him.

Training with Karin sama helped him defeat Tao Pai Pai, so I guess a 1,5x boost, should turn the tables as it did. More would've been overkill and Goku wasn't one shotting him.

Training with Popo for 3 years took him, according to ancillary material about Daimaoh's PL, from 260 to below 400. He was +400 vs Raditz, and we know he hadn't been training much, or seriously, after defeating Piccolo, therefore maybe he was already 400 when he beat Ma Jr. So, less than 2x boost after training with Popo. Which is kinda odd, training in God's house seems to be the training that bared the least fruit for him.

By Z, we have official numbers that illustrate his growth. He died with a PL of 416 (with a Kamehameha around 900) and came back to Earth, after training under the gravity he was suppossed to train on Vegeta-sei, with a PL of +8,000. So, a 20x boost, 10x stronger than his previous greatest attack. Biggest gains to date. (I guessed a 10x boost if he never left his home planet, and he got a 20x boost under the same gravity, so I wasn't that far off)

After Namek, numbers are gone, so we can only guess. But he was 3M on Namek, and when he returns to Earth, he might be 4M, 5M, at most. He specifically trained to learn shunkanido and to be able to turn SS at will. Nothing suggests his power skyrocketed after Yadrat.

--
I would choose to train under the Yadratians. I want to learn shunkanido, I know I cannot, or need to become, much stronger, so with aligning my spirit and learning shunkanido I would be set.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: How Strong Did Son Goku Become After Training With His Masters?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed May 25, 2022 6:30 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:00 pm To gauge his gains from birth to after meeting Grandpa Gohan, we can only use Z Broly's movie where they say he had a PL of 2, and by the time he meets Bulma he was at 10. So 5x stronger after coming to Earth and living under a weaker gravity. (Perhaps, based on the gravity, if Vegeta-sei wasn't destroyed his power would've been 10x stronger?)

The manga never states how strong people were in the beginning of DB, but I think Roshi, in some ancillary material, is stated to be around 100 or so. Goku fights evenly with Jackie Chun, so he must've gotten 10x stronger under his regime, if he can fight him.

Training with Karin sama helped him defeat Tao Pai Pai, so I guess a 1,5x boost, should turn the tables as it did. More would've been overkill and Goku wasn't one shotting him.

Training with Popo for 3 years took him, according to ancillary material about Daimaoh's PL, from 260 to below 400. He was +400 vs Raditz, and we know he hadn't been training much, or seriously, after defeating Piccolo, therefore maybe he was already 400 when he beat Ma Jr. So, less than 2x boost after training with Popo. Which is kinda odd, training in God's house seems to be the training that bared the least fruit for him.

By Z, we have official numbers that illustrate his growth. He died with a PL of 416 (with a Kamehameha around 900) and came back to Earth, after training under the gravity he was suppossed to train on Vegeta-sei, with a PL of +8,000. So, a 20x boost, 10x stronger than his previous greatest attack. Biggest gains to date. (I guessed a 10x boost if he never left his home planet, and he got a 20x boost under the same gravity, so I wasn't that far off)

After Namek, numbers are gone, so we can only guess. But he was 3M on Namek, and when he returns to Earth, he might be 4M, 5M, at most. He specifically trained to learn shunkanido and to be able to turn SS at will. Nothing suggests his power skyrocketed after Yadrat.

--
I would choose to train under the Yadratians. I want to learn shunkanido, I know I cannot, or need to become, much stronger, so with aligning my spirit and learning shunkanido I would be set.
Thank you very much, Koitsukai. For replying to me.