Will Oob Be Any Stronger After The Events Of DBS?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Will Oob Be Any Stronger After The Events Of DBS?

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:47 am

If the final chapter of DB is still planned to occur as it did in 1995, will Oob actually be a lot stronger than previously thought or will Goku just be holding back a lot more? Possibly a bit of column A & B?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Will Oob Be Any Stronger After The Events Of DBS?

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:42 am

In Moro Arc, it’s implied the energy Oob inherited from the Grand Kaioshin is so massive that he could feed Goku with enough divine ki to make him get another round with the silver ultra instinct. And what’s more, Goku used a technique he never used before after absorbing that divine ki.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:33 pm

Buu can copy ablilites, so maybe Uub can do the same. Goku could want to teach him to lurn UI.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:52 pm

Depends on if he feels a TiNgLe iN HiS bAcK
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:45 pm

Probably much stronger as the original line of thought was that Uub may have emitted strength that carried with it the promise of Buu's original might. Now with everything that's been added to the series just that simple outburst being comparable to Super Buu's strength might be an underestimation.

I stand by past allusions to Multiverse and Salagir's interpretation of the character. Uub seems competent, eager to learn, and practical with the abilities that exist around him. I would prefer to see that concept of Uub used however unlikely it is.
Yeah that's my preference. An Uub who inherits the teachings and abilities of Goku while at the same time delving into his magical roots from his past life and trying to incorporate that into a unique style all his own.

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:34 pm

Stronger just because base Goku is stronger. However, we know SSJ was too much for him. So SSJ2, SSJ3, SSJG, SSJGSSJ, and UI are likely still well over his level.

Also it's worth noting, Oob may be powerful, he's not very well trained, so that was a factor in his fight with Goku,

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:48 am

I'm thinking: Given that Goku is inevitably going to get better with Ultra Instinct on top of gaining more power in general through training, maybe the reason why Oob is going to be a challenge for Goku's base form is because Oob obtained some of Dai Kaioshin/Fat Boo's power or even had a potential unlock when they released the God Ki contained within him? Oob is a loose variant of Boo via reincarnation so perhaps he inherited the ability to pull a power up out of nowhere like how Fat Boo did to fight Moro? It wouldn't be the weirdest or most random thing that DBS has done.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:06 am

theherodjl wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:47 am If the final chapter of DB is still planned to occur as it did in 1995, will Oob actually be a lot stronger than previously thought or will Goku just be holding back a lot more? Possibly a bit of column A & B?
I suspect mostly column B, but certainly column A would be applicable as well.

Per the Moro arc, we know that Oob has an absolutely staggering amount of latent God ki at his disposal. However, as of the EoZ chapters, Oob still hadn't even began to learn how to control his power(which is why Goku started antagonizing him until he raged-out.) Granted, Oob seemed to do pretty well, but as far as I recall, there was never any real indication in the original manga that base Goku was truly going all-out -- he was essentially just testing Oob before taking him as a student.

That said, base Goku is still far more powerful in DBS than he was in DBZ(and his power/skill will only continue growing by the time DBS gets to the EoZ-era.) So even though Goku was likely holding back to some extent, Oob would probably scale much higher by default... But who knows? Maybe Tori/Toyo will end up completely rewriting the EoZ chapters one day, and we'll get some definitive clarification.

...Not that I want them to touch the OG source material mind you, but I just...wouldn't be surprised at this point.