Does Cell have Super Saiyan? If so, is it the same multiplier?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Does Cell have Super Saiyan? If so, is it the same multiplier?

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:57 pm

It seems as though he does. It's just odd, as it implies there's a base form Cell that's 50 times weaker than when he fought Goku or Gohan; which doesn't seem to make sense.

What do you think? Could he get SSJ3, God, Blue, or even SSJ4?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Does Cell have Super Saiyan? If so, is it the same multiplier?

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:04 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:57 pmDoes Cell have Super Saiyan?
Yes. As well as Super Saiyan Grade 2, Super Saiyan Grade 3 and Super Saiyan 2.
Champa The Destroyer wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:57 pmIf so, is it the same multiplier?
It should be. If anything else, so we can have a "better understanding" of what's going on, if such a thing is even possible.
Champa The Destroyer wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:57 pmIt seems as though he does. It's just odd, as it implies there's a base form Cell that's 50 times weaker than when he fought Goku or Gohan; which doesn't seem to make sense.
I would have to rewatch everything after Cell first appeared, but if I'm not wrong, he's always displaying a golden aura. That would mean he is always in Super Saiyan form. I don't remember him displaying a white aura in any form.
Champa The Destroyer wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:57 pmCould he get SSJ3, God, Blue, or even SSJ4?
• Yes, he can get Super Saiyan 3.

• I don't know about Super Saiyan God. Does he have heart? If so, then if he can become a good guy, then yes.

• It's possible he can get Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan if we go by Toei's logic (to acquire god power/Ki without a ritual).

• Maybe he can get Super Saiyan 4? If Cell is brought into Dragon Ball GT dimension (or vice-versa), where his Saiyan tail can be pulled out, then he can get it. Either that or if his regular tail already functions like a Saiyan tail (having its properties), then yes. He can get it.

By the way, both Mira and Fu have Super Saiyan forms too. They retain their white hair, so I guess that makes them the first ones to have Super Saiyan White (?).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:01 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:57 pm It seems as though he does. It's just odd, as it implies there's a base form Cell that's 50 times weaker than when he fought Goku or Gohan; which doesn't seem to make sense.
Over the last few years, I stopped believing that all SSJ1 multipliers are the same, meaning I don't think they're all 50x. I think FPSSJ is far greater than 50x, for instance. That said, I believe you can think of Base Perfect Cell as already in SSJ form. The manga has shown that he can also utilize SSJ Grade 3 (bulky form) and an SSJ2 adjacent form. I don't think his forms are exactly the same as the SSJ line because he's a different species. I also don't think he gets the same multipliers but gets close to them. For instance, even his newly resurrected SSJ2 adjacent form was only on-par with a weakened SSJ2 Gohan while his base was superior to Gohan's FPSSJ if I recall correctly.
What do you think? Could he get SSJ3, God, Blue, or even SSJ4?
I think he can attain adjacent forms of each since he is part Saiyan. SSJ4 is the iffy one, because we don't know if half-saiyans can get it in canon.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:04 pm

I don't think Cell actually uses SSJ as he was formed from cells obtained long before any of the Saiyans had achieved even regular SSJ and because he has a multitude of other genetic hosts that prevent him from having one species be overly dominant to his physical being. Cell also has an interesting ability of improving upon or altering existing biological traits & functions to his hosts so he can easily bypass any requirement for needing to improve his S-cell amount and merely replicate the effect that he desires; it's why he can bulk-up far greater than any Saiyan, regenerate without the need for his head specifically thanks to Freeza, and produce offspring in a more convenient manner than a Namek.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:00 pm

He does have the yellow aura, so he might be a Super Saiyan in a very vague sense. Would be interesting to say full power Perfect Cell is 50x stronger than Perfect Cell when he was born.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!