Moro, Gas, etc in the Future Timeline

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Moro, Gas, etc in the Future Timeline

Post by MrGohanks » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:14 pm

I know that Broly is stuck on planet Vampa in this timeline but how would Future Trunks deal with Moro, Granola, Gas and others in his timeline? Are we due for another Future Trunks storyline?
Last edited by MrGohanks on Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: Moro, Gas, etc in the Future Timeline

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:09 pm

For everything post-Zamasu...
- There wouldn't be a ToP in the future, it was a double-Zeno invention and only the main timeline has two Zenos
- No Frieza should mean that the events of DBS Broly would just not happen, so yeah, like you say, Future Broly is still on Vampa, living with Future Paragus
- It's been a while, but I believe the implication was that Buu's death is what allowed Moro to gain a teeny bit of magic back, and Future Buu was never awakened, so that wouldn't happen, meaning Future Moro is still imprisoned.
- Future Granolah wouldn't hear about Future Frieza being alive (because he isn't) and would probably never wish to become the strongest in the universe, because he wouldn't have that all-consuming drive for revenge (until eventually learning the truth about his mother's fate I guess but that would happen in a different way or maybe not at all).
- It'd be hard to make DBSSH's events occur in the future with most of Earth's population dead due to the androids, because that would most likely include Hedo and the others. It's not completely impossible though. But if Future Hedo was alive and managed to make the Gammas and (spoiler), how could anyone manage to get him to sic them on Trunks, Future Earth's biggest superhero? So yeah, not impossible but super unlikely.

I don't think Future Trunks is going to return in mainline Super anytime soon. The chance is never zero, though.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:31 pm

Trunks should have the entire cast at his disposal on his new timeline, he even has another Trunks, lol.

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:56 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:31 pm Trunks should have the entire cast at his disposal on his new timeline, he even has another Trunks, lol.
His new timeline is one where Zamasu gets killed by Whis before he starts his plans, so basically its like how his timeline was after he killed Future Cell.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:15 pm

I mean, we don't even know what happened to these people in the original Future timeline.

Moro was probably killed with the entire Galactic Patrol. It is clearly stated by Zamasu that he was going to finish Project Zero Mortals by exterminating the earthlings, which means that every other mortal in the Cosmos was pretty much killed.

So we can thus infer that Zamasu killed Moro and the Galactic Patrol (Moro was an old prisoner who would just be blown up before he can even be freed) as well as Gas (the Heeters were fodder before making any wish to the Cereal dragon). The same applies to Granolah btw, he was fodder before making the wish so he was probably just another fodder Zamasu blew up.

As for Broly, perhaps he simply died of natural causes. It doesn't seem like he and his father were going to survive much longer on that wasteland called Vampa and Trunks' timeline is set like 20 years into the future.

All these factors must be considered depending on when precisely the new timeline was created. It should be reminded that Earth was basically the last destination of Zamasu in his Project Zero Mortals, who knows for how long he was slaughtering mortals before coming to Earth. Frankly I can't recall if Whis specifically mentioned that the timeline is created before Zamasu put his plan in motion, or before he attacked the Earth. For the aforementioned reasons, if it's the latter, then those people could potentially already be dead.