Did Vegeta and Yamucha ever have a conversation about the Bulma situation?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Majin Man 101
Beyond Newbie

Did Vegeta and Yamucha ever have a conversation about the Bulma situation?

Post by Majin Man 101 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:22 am

We all know that Yamucha likes to hang around the capsule corporation building with his ex-girlfriend Bulma. It had to be a serious blow to Yamucha as a man that his ex is literally married to the guy that basically killed him. Did Yamucha ever go up to Vegeta when he was was leaning up against a tree or something and talk about this complicated and awkward situation. Or does Vegeta constantly portray alpha male dominance over Yamucha by smirking at him as he passes by while saying nothing, while Yamucha keeps an utter look of defeat on his face forever? This is a very interesting topic that I feel like doesn’t get discussed enough.

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Re: Did Vegeta and Yamucha ever have a conversation about the Bulma situation?

Post by Geraldo » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:10 am

Yamcha's romantic story with Bulma probably ended ugly. There was an avoid contact situation between the two of them for a while before Bulma had settled down and slept with Vegeta, who was probably a virgin (while Yamcha used the "we were on a break" situations to see other women throughout the years, probably this time as well), and once it happened, she had to talk to Yamcha and tell him of the pregnancy.

From there on, Yamcha must have felt betrayed and entered a grievance process in which he had erased all of his feelings for Bulma. But he probably kept on good terms with her parents who kept inviting him over and this made the situation of seeing the pregnant Bulma (while he was dating others) less and less harsher or awkward.

We do see that by the time of the Buu Saga he couldn't even care about her that much, and only had a brief blushing when she praised him for obtaining the last Dragon Ball from that dinosaur.

At the baseball game against Team Universe 6, Bulma sees how good Yamcha is at his profession (baseball player) and makes a move on him, which angers Vegeta enough to hurt him. Yamcha isn't showing too much interest in her, but he does blush out of natural response.

I bet they'll fix him up with a Saiyan female soon, so he will start a family. It is Dragon Ball after all.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:03 am

I doubt Yamcha had the stones to approach a post Namek or android arc Vegeta to even say hello or discuss some trivial matter like using his Gravity Room.
Vegeta also was too big of an asshole to even care or entertain the idea of having to explain a living corpse about his own private affairs.
There's probably a tacit agreement between them, Geets ain't boasting about it and Yamcha is not whining about it either.

However, post ToP Vegeta could have newfound feelings about killing Yamcha and filling his girl's belly with bones. He's been having guilt issues about what he did on Namek, and he doesn't even see them on a daily basis, so he should also have some type of remorse about killing the guys he sees every day or on every gathering. I think he might have it on his mind, but he'll never speak about it.

BernardoCairo

Post by BernardoCairo » Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:29 am

I know that it is crazy to think that, but between him and Vegeta, Yamcha is probably the "alpha male" (cringe term, I'm sorry). Vegeta is a savage, who was probably virgin before Bulma (let's all assume his genocide ass didn't do anything disgusting while he was destroying and conquering all of those planets). Yamcha is the cool baseball player, who probably has some money and is notoriously known for being handsome. Vegeta and the others might be stronger than him, but for an earthling woman that's barely noticeable or important. He's much of a god-like person as any other Z fighter if that's her thing. I'm pretty sure he broke up with Bulma because of problems with other girls or something...
In any case, a breakup is hard. Especially when the person was a close friend before. As someone who's being in Yamcha's shows, I can confirm that it's normal to try to keep the friendship alive. However, it sucks to see her going out with somebody else (even if you're doing the same and all). So, if anything, Yamcha is pretty mature too. Much more than I am XD