Did Buu have magic because of Moro?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Did Buu have magic because of Moro?

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:41 pm

I've heard this rumor but haven't checked it out yet, I haven't given much thought to it.

The Dai said the problem with Moro was his magic, so he needed to steal it with a technique of his, and then he imprisoned him until Kid Buu was killed and his magic returned to him, with the god ki going to Uub.
So, does this mean the Dai (and Kid Buu) never had any magic to begin with, and Fat Buu's, and every Buu's magic, is the one the Dai stole from Moro?

Am I missing something? the manga never showed Buu before the events that happened on Earth, so could it be possible -and a sorta retcon- that Buu's magic was actually Moro's all along? meaning we've been seeing Moro's abilities even before he appeared.
This only would only apply to his magic, not to the regen or the ability to learn techniques on the spot, Buu had.

Thoughts?

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Re: Did Buu have magic because of Moro?

Post by Geraldo » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:48 pm

The fact moro had no clue where did Majin Buu had acquired his magical skillset (when Buu woke up and beat the hell out of the goat bastard) is the disproval of this hypothesis, if you ask me.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:48 pm

Interesting. Not only does Dai say "steal", but Moro also says Dai stole his abilities. Dai later said "I'll seal off your magic again!"

I never considered the possibility that Moro's magic could've went to Dai. I always assumed the Kai Kai-Matoru was Dai giving most of his God Power in order to seal Moro's magic away.

Once Kid Boo was wiped out along with the God Power that resided within him, then some of Moro's magic returned to him. Seems like the spell remained active as long as the God Power was still intact.

Despite both having access to magic, Moro's magic seems different than Boo's magic.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:28 am

I feel like if the story intended to imply this at all, it would have been much more obvious about it. As it stands, they don't even share any techniques.

Now the idea that Moro gets his powers back because the evil Boo is killed, I do think is implied. (There's that line near the start about starting to regain his powers "a few years ago," which coincides with Pure Boo's defeat and is followed by the revelation that Boo had taken a chunk of the Grand Kaioshin's powers, perhaps relevant to Moro's seal, with him).

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:17 am

I think it moreso is as Cipher says, an implication (since it's not a key plot point & so not given any relevant characters talking space for such dots to be connected); with the mention by Moro that he fortunately got back a few years ago just a bit of his magic enough to break out of his cell (in which he could also telepathically communicate with the other prisoners like Saganbo), plus the flashback/memory of the Boo arc ending where Moro & Daikaioshin correlate Pure Boo's death with the loss of the latter's god power and thus his magic sealing ability on the former.