How far would a zombie virus get in the Dragon Ball multiverse?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

How far would a zombie virus get in the Dragon Ball multiverse?

Post by Peach » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:23 pm

We've seen zombies in Marvel and DC. It got me thinking.... How far would a zombie virus get in the Dragon Ball universe?

Starting off with a simple human, and working its way up in power. Through the Dragon Team potentially...

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: How far would a zombie virus get in the Dragon Ball multiverse?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:26 am

It will only get as far as a God of Destruction allows it.

We know that Gods of Destruction are tasked with swiftly and surgically removing any planet that poses a threat to the overall balance and stability of the Universe. Headcanon time: it is reasonable to assume that, amongst the potential threats a Destroyer must deal with, we could have a planet that has been taken over by zombies. So when a Destroyer God realizes that a zombie apocalypse is spreading too far, they'd just Hakai that shit away.

Of course this is what a competent Destroyer would do. People who are garbage at their job like Beerus and Sidra might just ignore it though.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:32 am

I can see a Marvel Zombies style infection eventually requiring Zeno to intervene. That one doesn't seem to have any limits on what it can infect, and all it would take is getting an infected family member of one of the Saiyans close enough to bite. Once that happens, it's over, a zombie Goku could deal with Beerus by teleporting to Kaioshin and eating him, and there's no one else who could just "deal" with the situation. You'd wind up with a doomed universe that Zeno would have to eradicate like he did Trunks' timeline.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:01 pm

Closet we got was Baby.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:43 am

I think it all depends on who can be infected by the virus and how quickly it can spread. Generally, most, if not all mortal beings are susceptible to being infected by a zombie contagion so in DB's reality, that would leave only divine and artificial beings as any unknowns in being able to contract & transmit such a virus. If even they are able to be infected or at least, can pass the virus on indirectly then it very well may lead to an entire multiverse of zombified beings that will probably have to be Zeno'd out of existence to stop the spread once and for all.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:28 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:01 pm Closet we got was Baby.
I'd say Garlic jr.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:02 pm

Jord wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:28 pm
Anonymous Friend wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:01 pm Closet we got was Baby.
I'd say Garlic jr.
Wasn't the water/Mist thing more like a mystical enchantment than biological thing?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:15 am

I dont think Goku could IT to shin, he can't sense god ki, he ported to Gohans Ki in Buu saga right? Shin even thought it was fine to hide on kaioshins world even when Black was on the loose.

But yeah depends I don't think it could spread from strongest regular human to weakest Zfighter.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:37 pm

I don't think the DBs couldn't handle this. I doubt a virus is stronger than the creator of the DBs. If Shenron can't do it, then Porunga sure can. Toronbo might be the easiest choice, two DBs, no cooldown.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:10 pm

How much the Dragon Balls can interact with illnesses is unclear, Goku had to take a medicine from the future to cure his heart condition, while Gohan could use the Dragon Balls to cure Pan's fever, but that was a filler episode.

Ashur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashur » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:44 am

If it is your typical normal zombie virus then it wouldn't last long, it could be wished away with the Dragon Balls, it is very unlikely that the Earth's strongest fighters are going to get infected early on, because they are mostly isolated, and too fast to be caught by civillians who turn into Zombies.

If it is a different kind of virus, more closer to what DB is, it would be the Garlick Jr. Arc all over again.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:51 pm

Ashur wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:44 am If it is your typical normal zombie virus then it wouldn't last long, it could be wished away with the Dragon Balls, it is very unlikely that the Earth's strongest fighters are going to get infected early on, because they are mostly isolated, and too fast to be caught by civillians who turn into Zombies.

If it is a different kind of virus, more closer to what DB is, it would be the Garlick Jr. Arc all over again.
Remember that time Goku got hit in the face by a rock while chilling and waiting for the Cell Games?

Didn't Piccolo get infested by getting caught.

It doesn't matter how fast their combat speed is when they can get caught while unware that they should be cautious.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:28 am

I like SupremeKai25's answer. Also, I don't think Boo would be able to be infected.