Mutants and Prodigies

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Mutants and Prodigies

Post by Almighty Majin » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:59 pm

In Dragon Ball, there are many powerful characters who can be considered to be mutants or prodigies (or even both). Personally, I would define a mutant to be a being born of an abnormally higher power or having characteristics that make them an exception to their species. A prodigy on the other hand I think would be a being who has no trouble in gaining power quickly via training or other methods. Which characters could be considered mutants, prodigies, or both?

Mutants:
General Blue
Chiaotzu
Tien
Cui
Dodoria
Zarbon
Guldo
Recoome
Burter
Jeice
Ginyu
King Cold
Pui Pui
Yakon
Abo
Cado
Shisami
Tagoma
Watagash
Basil
Lavender
Bergamo
Monna
Dercori
Shosa
Majora
Gamisaras
Damon
Napapa
Rubalt
Obuni
Frost
Magetta
Kale
Vuon
Tupper
Zoire
Kettle
Cocotte
Kunshi
Kahseral
Dyspo
Toppo
Yuzun
Saganbo
Oil
Maki
Elec

Prodigies:
Yamcha
Chi-Chi
Krillin
Nam
Yajirobe
Piccolo
Vegeta
Nail
Android 17
Android 18
Goten
Trunks
Videl
Buu
Zamasu
Hit
Cabba
Caulifla
Saonel
Pirina
Ribrianne
Jiren
Granolah

Mutant Prodigies:
Gohan
Freeza
Cell
Beerus
Goku Black
Broly
Moro
Gas
Pan
Uub

What does everyone think? If anyone also wants to determine this for filler, movie, or video game characters, that would be welcome as well.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Mutants and Prodigies

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:26 am

I'd put normal Zamasu in the "Mutant prodigy" category honestly, the dude was literally just a "young adult" by the standards of his species and he was already stronger than the Supreme Kai Shin (as per Goku's admission after their fight). In fact, he got the promotion from Gowasu precisely because of his extraordinary battle strength.

Zamasu was a super prodigy for the Kais, it's just that the Kais are much weaker than the protagonist Saiyans, so he didn't look too impressive in the context of the main storyline.