If Goku & Vegeta Could Fuse Indefinitely...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

If Goku & Vegeta Could Fuse Indefinitely...

Post by theherodjl » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:08 pm

...would it ultimately do them better to train as a single, combined fighter rather than training as individuals? Because whichever fusion Goku & Vegeta choose brings out the best of both fighters physically & mentally, their techniques and potential seeming to merge perfectly. Would that synergetic effect allow for Vegetto/Gogeta to grow much stronger, much faster than if they trained as simply Goku & Vegeta?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: If Goku & Vegeta Could Fuse Indefinitely...

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:37 pm

Well, Goku and Vegeta have very different mindsets that they would need their own training methods IMO, which would benefit each of them better than if they trained in fused mode.

But this would probably depend on the plot and what the writers say.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:10 pm

If their uniqueness as fighters is what contributes to their effectiveness as a fusion, then they would need to train separately. Or, is it more about training as a single, more balanced entity?
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:31 am

I think it's better if they train separately, if anything because they can spar against each other. There wouldn't be many suitable sparring partners if they stay fused, aside from Whis and possibly Beerus. But aside from that, their rivalry and their desire to surpass each other play a major role behind their improvements. Gogeta (or Vegeth) would lack a rival aside from the aforementioned deities, but the Saiyan rivalry between Goku and Vegeta is much stronger.

On the contrary, Goten and Trunks could benefit from their training as Gotenks in the RoSaT because they're actually friends to begin with and they were kids having fun with unbelievable powers, who invented many crazy techniques such as the Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack. Sure they're somewhat rivals too, and I think adult Gotenks would suffer from the same issues I described above, but young Gotenks was the perfect exception. Gogeta (or Vegeth) wouldn't want to spit explosive ghosts out of his mouth.

Indeed, talking about techniques, the fused entity has access to both individuals' movesets, which is another plus sign for the separate trainings. Not that they would need it, for example, but Gogeta (or Vegeth) will have access to Forced Spirit Fission the next time. Now, that is a somewhat specific move which wouldn't be useful in many other cases, but two separate fighters who trains in two different ways have more chances to learn different techniques which can be added to their unified arsenal. Just imagine a Saiyan-arc fusion between Goku and Vegeta, we could have gotten an Oozaru performing the Kaioh Ken.