The worst change and the best change

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:07 pm

ChaotixXero wrote:and saved Gohan(or Gotenks, I forgot) from Buu.
Yes it was Gohan. He saved Gohan from Gotenks Buu.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:13 pm

This isn't a gripe of my own, but my friend didn't like the character change or direction of Piccolo in the Buu Saga. He says he suddenly started acting out of character, that he was different, or didn't seem like "Piccolo" anymore. Even different from when Buu appeared to when he was at the tournament.

He did seem to be more ... jumpy.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:40 pm

Best: Whether you liked the way he died or not, I just have to say the look on Freezer's face when he was first sliced in two by Trunks is priceless. You know exactly what he's thinking: "I'M FUCKED!".

And despite the fact that it is fodder for plotholes and canon/noncanon stuff, I love when dead villains appear.

Worst: How everyone who isn't a Saiya-jin ends up a background character sooner or later.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Pieter
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pieter » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:59 am

The worst change for me was probably kaioshin merging with that ugly lacky of his.

As for the best, probably Toriyama's editor telling him #19 and #20 sucked real bad.

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:11 am

This isn't a gripe of my own, but my friend didn't like the character change or direction of Piccolo in the Buu Saga. He says he suddenly started acting out of character, that he was different, or didn't seem like "Piccolo" anymore. Even different from when Buu appeared to when he was at the tournament.

He did seem to be more ... jumpy.
Could it have something to do with a taffy monster killing a third of the world's population, including Gohan and Vegeta.

Ran Fuan

Post by Ran Fuan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:21 pm

Best: Vegetas transformation from villian, anti-hero then savior.
Worst: Goku and Freeza's fight on namek going on for afew more episodes after Freeza claiming Namek only had 5 minutes left before complete destruction.

To be honest, I couldn't narrow it down to my best and worst change, as I have afew for both that pretty much equal. But these two are an example.

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:43 pm

What are the others?
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:11 pm

Worst: Goku and Freeza's fight on namek going on for afew more episodes after Freeza claiming Namek only had 5 minutes left before complete destruction.
This has been explained.

Ran Fuan

Post by Ran Fuan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:27 pm

Best Changes
  • :arrow: Vegeta's intense desire and training to become a Super Saiyan.
    :arrow: Piccolo becoming one with Nail, and then eventually Kami.
    :arrow: The first time we see Goku transform to SSJ3, the transformation in my eyes is quite moving.
    :arrow: Mr Satan, I know he is not liked by many fans. I find he helps bring the comical side to dbz.
    :arrow: Dende being the new Guardian of earth after Kami.
    :arrow: Goku using Saiyan armour while training in the Hyperbolic time Chamber.
    :arrow: Vegeta's rebellion against Freeza and his force.
Worst Changes
  • :arrow: Bringing Garlic Jr into the series.
    :arrow: Android 19, I was never a fan of the characters design.
    :arrow: When Buu seemed unstoppable after absorbing Gohan, Vegito makes him seem like nothing a fair battle would've been more interesting.
I seem to have writers block, I'll think of more later.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:27 pm

Victator Supreme wrote:
This has been explained.
Eh, maybe, but Toei's pacing did suck on those episodes. Plus, the animation quality took a very big turn for the worse, producing some of the ugliest episodes of DBZ that I can remember myself.

"Hey, let's have Kaiosama explain what just happened last episode in EXCRUCIATING DETAIL."

-Corey

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:57 pm

The Frieza episodes are a mixed bunch. Some are just recaps poorly animated to give Toriyama time to finish things up. But some others are some really neat stuff. The Ginyu Force vs Tenshinhan, Yamcha and Chaozu is my favorite filler like ever.

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:57 pm

I never got why they always choose the worst moments to start throwing in the bad animation. You'd think the height of the battle between Goku and Freeza would be when they amp it up.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:04 pm

Ran Fuan wrote: :arrow: When Buu seemed unstoppable after absorbing Gohan, Vegito makes him seem like nothing a fair battle would've been more interesting.
Eh, I always thought that was a truly awesome part, in all honesty. We'd seen Boo eventually overcome every fighter despite their efforts (Vejita's suicide attack, Gotenks' SSJ3, Gohan's ultimate form, etc.), and it was nice to finally see him fully outclassed.

Besides, when something happens like Goku and Vejita uniting in such a way...you've gotta figure the person/thing on the opposite end is about to get an ass-kicking ;)
I never got why they always choose the worst moments to start throwing in the bad animation. You'd think the height of the battle between Goku and Freeza would be when they amp it up.
Agreed, and it'd always change at the strangest times. I mean, Trunks goes SSJ and slices Freeza in half with great animation...then the next episode, it replays with horrible 'triangle crap'-guy at the helm.

-Corey

Ran Fuan

Post by Ran Fuan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:28 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote: Besides, when something happens like Goku and Vejita uniting in such a way...you've gotta figure the person/thing on the opposite end is about to get an ass-kicking ;)
haha, a very good point.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:36 pm

Best: Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Kuririn, and Chaotzu's changes in the course of DB.

Worst: Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and Chaotzu's lack of changes in the course of DBZ.
Last edited by Castor Troy on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:27 pm

How exactly did Kuririn not change in DBZ? He recieved far more screen time in DBZ than he did Dragonball.

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:31 pm

And Yamcha went from a rough desert bandit to a little bitch.

Ran Fuan

Post by Ran Fuan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:08 pm

^Characters in an anime can change just like people can in real life.

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:13 pm

I like how being one of the ten strongest beings on Earth somehow = little bitch.
Last edited by Victator Supreme on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:40 pm

Victator Supreme wrote:How exactly did Kuririn not change in DBZ? He recieved far more screen time in DBZ than he did Dragonball.
Edited... :P :oops: :wink: