Trunks, Goten & 18

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Trunks, Goten & 18

Post by chibi_goten » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:02 am

I have a quick question, when Goten & Trunks are fighting against "18 is this filler?

I doubt it but I'm asking because, she seems to be struggling and fighting pretty hard against the two, and I'm guessing neither of them are as strong as what Vegeta was when he first fought her, and he got beaten pretty badly, Mirai Trunks too.

So was this filler, or is Goten & Trunks stronger then what I first thought?

(Infact I'm pretty sure it isn't filler).
- Scott

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:51 am

If you mean in the World Tournament, no, it isn't filler.

However, recall that 18 was on the good side at this point, and she's not going to go all-out at a tournament anyways.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:45 am

Let's not underestimate Goten and Trunks' strength, either. Even without SSj, they'd still give her a good fight.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

tainted saiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by tainted saiyan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:59 am

I just reviewed chapter 38, and around the end of their battle, "Mighty mask" launches a ki blast that 18 narrowly avoids, seeing the explosion when the blast hits the water, 18 comments " Are those twits really that good? I'll have to end this quick". That would lead us to believe that Trunks and Goten are stronger than Vegeta in the early android saga.
Chivalry

wannywan
Beyond Newbie

Post by wannywan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:14 pm

Trunks does surprise Vegeta when they are training together, the part where Vegeta challenges him to land a single punch.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSPpkxkjpPg]Picto-hame-ha![/url]

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:18 pm

tainted saiyan wrote:I just reviewed chapter 38, and around the end of their battle, "Mighty mask" launches a ki blast that 18 narrowly avoids, seeing the explosion when the blast hits the water, 18 comments " Are those twits really that good? I'll have to end this quick". That would lead us to believe that Trunks and Goten are stronger than Vegeta in the early android saga.
Or, it means they're stronger than she thought they were, so she better end it quick before she loses on a Tournament technicality (being knocked out of the ring).

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:32 pm

The look on her face portrayed horror on a level of "I could have been destroyed!". Those tikes, as Super Saiyans, could have been around Super Vegeta's level. I don't find that hard to believe, but I know everyone else will.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:36 pm

Duo wrote:Those tikes, as Super Saiyans, could have been around Super Vegeta's level. I don't find that hard to believe, but I know everyone else will.
...I believe you.

By "Super Vegeta," you mean post-RoSaT Vegeta, right? (Cuz I'm pretty sure that's what he referred to himself as) They had to have been at least around that level, otherwise Gotenks wouldn't have been as strong as he was.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:38 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Duo wrote:Those tikes, as Super Saiyans, could have been around Super Vegeta's level. I don't find that hard to believe, but I know everyone else will.
...I believe you.

By "Super Vegeta," you mean post-RoSaT Vegeta, right? (Cuz I'm pretty sure that's what he referred to himself as) They had to have been at least around that level, otherwise Gotenks wouldn't have been as strong as he was.
Yeah, the self-proclaimed "Super Vegeta!" who spanked Cell around and then let him become Complete. I also draw this from the time in which Goten spars Gohan (who can't be TOO much weaker than Goku was at the Cell game by this point) and ends up doing pretty well, though neither were probably giving their all.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:40 pm

I don't think she could've been destroyed. I thought she was just horrified at the damage it could cause to all the spectators. That, and they were just a bunch of kids and I doubt she even knew they could go Super Saiyan or anything like that.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:42 pm

mAcChaos wrote:I don't think she could've been destroyed. I thought she was just horrified at the damage it could cause to all the spectators. That, and they were just a bunch of kids and I doubt she even knew they could go Super Saiyan or anything like that.
I would expect a look of intrigue or something like that. She had a look on her face that would make you think Cell had been ressurected and was hungry.

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:30 pm

That blast SSj Trunks fired wasn't at full power either. Yet #18 still commented something along the lines of "That speed...that power..."

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:40 pm

Let's face it. "That speed... that power..." are obligatory lines whenever a good guy goes beyond expectations even by an inch all over shounen manga land. XD

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:33 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
...I believe you.

Remember what Goku said? "Those Metamors were whimps individually but when they fused they were incredible!" Goten and Trunks don't have to be as strong as Super Vegeta for Gotenks to be as strong as he was.

Mr.Piccolo

Re: Trunks, Goten & 18

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:49 pm

chibi_goten wrote:I have a quick question, when Goten & Trunks are fighting against "18 is this filler?

I doubt it but I'm asking because, she seems to be struggling and fighting pretty hard against the two, and I'm guessing neither of them are as strong as what Vegeta was when he first fought her, and he got beaten pretty badly, Mirai Trunks too.

So was this filler, or is Goten & Trunks stronger then what I first thought?

(Infact I'm pretty sure it isn't filler).
Trunks and Goten fighting No.18 in the tournament wasn't filler. But, a moment that was filler and I wish wasn't was when Popo has holding the kids of when they were super saiyan.. :( Without bringing battle power into it, I'd say the boys would be weaker against No.18 individually, even as super saiyans. Even if they are powerful, they would tire out and No.18 wouldn't...
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:01 am

Pedro The Hutt wrote:Let's face it. "That speed... that power..." are obligatory lines whenever a good guy goes beyond expectations even by an inch all over shounen manga land. XD
But if you consider the look on her face, then the implication is fairly obvious.

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:12 am

Goten and Trunks are definately stronger than SSJ Vegeta but Super Vegeta? That is debatable...
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

BROLEROT

Post by BROLEROT » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:52 am

I do not see any reason to think Trunks or Goten were stronger than Vegeta when he fought 18.To compare them to Super Vegeta is just stupid.They certainly had the potential to surpass that kind of level but they didn't have any real battle experience or serious training .

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:37 pm

BROLEROT wrote:I do not see any reason to think Trunks or Goten were stronger than Vegeta when he fought 18.To compare them to Super Vegeta is just stupid.They certainly had the potential to surpass that kind of level but they didn't have any real battle experience or serious training .
That would be oh-so much more convincing if you had a single ounce of reasoning to back it up.

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:02 pm

I'm with Brolerot.

And what reasoning do you have? They were never compared in such a way that would make it obvious, so intuitively, we could go with common sense and say that a bunch of kids are probably not as strong as their father in one of his primes.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell