Super Saiya-jin 3 vs "Mystic" stage

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Super Saiya-jin 3 vs "Mystic" stage

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:25 pm

from a topic started at
http://www.dragonballtoys.com/cgi-bin/u ... 990#000039

is Dai Kaioshin's "Mystic" stage equivilant to a Super Saiya-jiin 3?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:39 pm

No. Mystic is just the max potential strength an individual can EVER obtain and more. Gohan was just so powerful because he has an enormous potential. Note that he couldn't take out Buu after he absorbed Piccolo and Gotenks. Kid Buu was the strongest form of Buu but SSJ3 Goku would have been able to take him out had he been able to acquire all his strength.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:53 pm

I'm not 100% sure...Mystic Gohan couldn't beat Super Boo after absorbing Gotenks, but then again neither could Goku. I'd like to think Gohan was stronger though. You can see all the way through the series that Toriyama was trying to show that Gohan was stronger than his father, even if it was just potentially.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:32 am

Mind you, if Gohan is now STRONGER than the strongest he could ever hope to achieve (which is why he doesn't go super saiyan), wouldn't that make him technically stronger than himself in SSJ3? And since Goku couldn't gather all his SSJ3 strength, I now switch my vote to Gohan being stronger.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:12 pm

Well, there's also the fact that I believe Kid Buu is weaker than Super Buu. All the power he had gathered over the ages was taken out again, after all. And I might be wrong on this one, but I remembere Kaioushin saying that Kid Buu was Buu's 'most evil' form, which makes him more dangerous, but not most powerful.

The fact SSJ3 Goku couldn't last two minutes against Super Buu, even though he could against Kid Buu (Had his energy not diminished, he might have actually been able to beat him...), also supports this.

So in conclusion, I'd say Mystic Gohan and SSJ3 Goku would have about the same level of strength. :)
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:18 pm

Sorry, but you are wrong. Kid Boo is without question the most powerful form of all. I've watched the entire Kid Boo saga in japanese, and they say it about a dozen times. Don't forget, even though Super Boo was stronger than Fat Boo, the Grand Kaioshin was still holding back a great deal of his power.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:34 pm

Hmm, I've seen the Buu Saga many times at least, but I never really heard them saying it. I suppose it's a matter of paying attention. :?

But even so, why did Goku get the crap beaten out of him by Super Buu, yet could match up to Kid Buu without problems? (Well, if there weren't the energy draining thingie.)

Of course, that could be yet another plot hole, but I'll stick to my previously mentioned theory just to be on the safe side. :P
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:40 pm

But even so, why did Goku get the crap beaten out of him by Super Buu, yet could match up to Kid Buu without problems? (Well, if there weren't the energy draining thingie.)
Anime filler. In the manga Goku never fights super Boo. RIGHT before they do (Super is in mid-first attack) Super Boo's Gotenks fusion wheres off. So Boo absorbs Gohan. Right then Goku considers fusing with Satan (ha!) but senses Vegeta. He teleports to where Vegeta is Boo gives chase. They fuse before Boo can do anything.

Later Goku holds his own as SSJ3 against Kid Boo.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:47 pm

You are inquestionably right. Thanks.

Another TOEI plothole to deal with, then. :?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:01 pm

Don't feel bad: it's a Toriyama plothole too. Why bother fusing if SSJ3 Goku could more easily beat this Gohan boosted form of Boo than Kid Boo?

Jakez04
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jakez04 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:09 pm

Super Saiyan 3 Goku would wipe the floor with Gohan in any stage. Goku never fight at full power in his fights he even says that. He didn't fight full force in any of the Buu fights because he wanted to let everyone else get a chance he even said that to Vegeta.
Da Name is Jakez -ROC Baby!
[url=http://www.geocities.com/dragonfistgt]DragonFistGT![/url]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:11 pm

Note that everyone else is DEAD or ABSORBED at that point!

Manga Ka Kyo!
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Manga Ka Kyo! » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:06 am

I figured I'd weigh in my 2 cents.

I think Mystic Gohan is the strongest, or just as strong. He showed himself to be much stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks. And didnt show himself weaker than Goku at any point.

SSj3 Goku was able to hold his own against kid Boo for the most part but, its also important to note that he had been beaten up a lot and gained strength, and in a spot like I'm sure that Goku was able to go all out even beyond what he was capable of, showing why he was the stories hero. Still Goku couldnt beat kid Boo with out the help of the earth, his power even ran out. Vegeta was fighting Boo at not even a SSJ. to conserve energy i guess. So i wouldn't go nuts over power levels.

So this is my take on why Goku and Gohan had trouble with Super Boo, before they were absorbed, and who is stronger.
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA!!!!!!
http://animekick.50megs.com/