Tenshinhan an alien?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 18, 2007 7:48 pm

Duo wrote:Before he starts fighting Freeza, Vegeta points out that "those brats" power levels keep increasing. As in...both of them? Perhaps there is more to the Great Elders power release than we thought.
At first I thought he was refering to how their PLs increased from when he saw them on Earth and then again after their potential being released, but maybe the ease with which they gain combat experienced increased as well, allowing for a higher PL for Krillin to have against Ginyu. However, this still doesn't contradict the daizenshuu's listing of Krillin's PL.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri May 18, 2007 11:06 pm

It's just a theory which can never be fully proven, but I subscribe to the idea that it took more time for them to fully adapt to and unleash the power the Great Elder allowed them, and thus making the Daizenshuu correct for that spot of time, but also justifying Kuririn matching against a 23,000 Ginyu.

That's just what I think. I really don't have the drive to defend it much, or explain it more thoroughly.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat May 19, 2007 12:34 am

Duo wrote:It's just a theory which can never be fully proven, but I subscribe to the idea that it took more time for them to fully adapt to and unleash the power the Great Elder allowed them, and thus making the Daizenshuu correct for that spot of time, but also justifying Kuririn matching against a 23,000 Ginyu.

That's just what I think. I really don't have the drive to defend it much, or explain it more thoroughly.
I buy it. As I mentioned earlier, 13,000 is just Krillin's PL prior to facing off against Guldo and Recoom.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 25, 2007 1:39 pm

Since the original topic at hand (Tenshinhan's alien-ness) seems to have ended with an "he's just one of those strange looking humans, but still human), I'd like to point out that that's exactly what the daizenshuu was pointing out.

On DB Earth there are 4 kinds of people living on Earth: humans (75%), animals like the king (17%), monsters like Pilaf (7%), and mixed-breeds (1%). The problem we seem to be having is that we're thinking in terms of real Earth instead of DB Earth, in which there is only 1 kind of person (human). As a result, a lot of people seem to be associating humans with terrans.

The daizenshuu isn't claiming that Tenshinhan is an alien, it's saying that the reason he doesn't look human is because he's descended from the three-eyes, which puts him in the mixed breed category.

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Fri May 25, 2007 4:00 pm

Dayspring wrote:The daizenshuu isn't claiming that Tenshinhan is an alien, it's saying that the reason he doesn't look human is because he's descended from the three-eyes, which puts him in the mixed breed category.
If some of his ancestors are Earthlings, yeah. But I believe we don't know that for a fact.

And like I pointed earlier, I'm pretty sure some aliens are called "humans", in the series. So it would appear the term "human" mostly refers to the physical appearance of the individual, not his origins.
So you could be human without being an Earthling, and you could be an Earthling without being human.