Anime-only: Another soldier of Freeza on Earth?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Anime-only: Another soldier of Freeza on Earth?

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:59 am

Based off a scene that happened in filler, when Freeza executes his Appule palette-swap henchman Orin (I think that's his name). So...would he be brought back to life and then wished to Earth? Toei obviously forgot all about him...wonder what happened with him... :)
Trunks & Goten forever

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:10 am

Given the context of the wishes granted, then yes, Orin (I'll just go with your name, since I don't know what he was called) should have been teleported to Earth with the Z Senshi and the Nameksei-jin. I guess why they didn't show him despite the fact that in a non-canon sense he should be alive is the same reason why Toei showed villains retaining their bodies in the afterlife, then later keeping the canon conversation between Pikkoro and Bejiita that only good souls keep their bodies in the afterlife; that Toei only thinks things through only so far into the story, then they basically forget about what happened before.

In-story I guess either the Z Senshi found and killed him (probably Bejiita or Pikkoro), or he realized that causing any kind of scene revealing his existence to the Z Senshi would be suicide, so he took up life as a hermit.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:27 am

... Which pallet swap was this? Colors? XD XD :D :D XD XD

Well, in the anime, didn't Vegeta leave to train in space shortly after the explosion of Namek? So even though in the Anime Vegeta killed a lot of Freeza minions, he didn't have an opportunity until the training for Gero's creations to actually hunt down this individual. Piccolo might have though... Hmm...
Hmm, what was the exact wording of the wish to send the Namekians to their new planet? ... oh wait... it was in their language... XD. But... would it maybe have been possible for said henchman to wind up on Neo Namek? *doubts, as Ginyu didn't seem to get sent to Neo Namek either* Though... maybe? I'm so confused!
*wonders at the lifespan of namekian toads*
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:29 am

As suggested by his name and pun, he's basically Appule but orange, with red eyes and fangs. He took Appule's role from the manga in finding the village Vegeta destroyed, told Freeza about it, and when he admitted he didn't search for a Dragon Ball, Freeza killed him.
Trunks & Goten forever

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:30 am

Darkprince410 wrote:Given the context of the wishes granted, then yes, Orin (I'll just go with your name, since I don't know what he was called) should have been teleported to Earth with the Z Senshi and the Nameksei-jin. I guess why they didn't show him despite the fact that in a non-canon sense he should be alive is the same reason why Toei showed villains retaining their bodies in the afterlife, then later keeping the canon conversation between Pikkoro and Bejiita that only good souls keep their bodies in the afterlife; that Toei only thinks things through only so far into the story, then they basically forget about what happened before.

In-story I guess either the Z Senshi found and killed him (probably Bejiita or Pikkoro), or he realized that causing any kind of scene revealing his existence to the Z Senshi would be suicide, so he took up life as a hermit.
... Pikkoro? Bejita?... You've got to be kidding me....
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Re: Anime-only: Another soldier of Freeza on Earth?

Post by Olivier Hague » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:05 am

Thanos6 wrote:when Freeza executes his Appule palette-swap henchman Orin (I think that's his name)
I believe it's "o-ren" in kana (for "orenji" / "orange").

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:17 am

The S wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote:Given the context of the wishes granted, then yes, Orin (I'll just go with your name, since I don't know what he was called) should have been teleported to Earth with the Z Senshi and the Nameksei-jin. I guess why they didn't show him despite the fact that in a non-canon sense he should be alive is the same reason why Toei showed villains retaining their bodies in the afterlife, then later keeping the canon conversation between Pikkoro and Bejiita that only good souls keep their bodies in the afterlife; that Toei only thinks things through only so far into the story, then they basically forget about what happened before.

... Pikkoro? Bejita?... You've got to be kidding me....
When your first two years experience with DBZ were bootleg subs with strict romanized translations, it's quite a hard habit to break from using those names.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:03 am

Come on, people. Let's not make a big deal out of romanized names. Lots of people spell characters names different ways (ie Kuririn / Krillin / Klylyn / etc.) There's really no need to essentially poke fun at someone just because they use direct romanizations, which technically aren't incorrect. Now I know that some people do it to try and sound cool and everything. But nobody's doing that here, and even if they were, most of us watch the Japanese version, so they have nobody to impress.

Either way, lets worry less about ambiguous spellings and just focus on regular grammar and whatnot. Though that seems to be all good here. :D

king jro

Post by king jro » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:53 am

its not like he would of helped that much hes probobly only about as strong as Nappa like 4,000, and he probobly would of just asked Bulma or Mr. Briefs to make him a space ship to go back to his home planet assuming Frieza did not destroy it.
Thats why he was not brough back i mean what would he do Chaozu could kill him.
Gluttony is the tastiest sin.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:34 am

Thanos6 wrote:As suggested by his name and pun, he's basically Appule but orange, with red eyes and fangs. He took Appule's role from the manga in finding the village Vegeta destroyed, told Freeza about it, and when he admitted he didn't search for a Dragon Ball, Freeza killed him.
Only saw both dubs of the scene but in the redub he killed him for killing a witness who could've led them to the Dragon Ball.

Either way, I was also once confused on why the henchmen Frieza killed himself weren't revived. Know it was probably because in the manga, he never killed any of his henchmen.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:41 am

Super Sonic wrote:
Thanos6 wrote:As suggested by his name and pun, he's basically Appule but orange, with red eyes and fangs. He took Appule's role from the manga in finding the village Vegeta destroyed, told Freeza about it, and when he admitted he didn't search for a Dragon Ball, Freeza killed him.
Only saw both dubs of the scene but in the redub he killed him for killing a witness who could've led them to the Dragon Ball.

Either way, I was also once confused on why the henchmen Freeza killed himself weren't revived. Know it was probably because in the manga, he never killed any of his henchmen.
You're right about the reason for execution. My bad.
Trunks & Goten forever

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:32 pm

I just presume the few soldiers Freeza and Ginyu killed in the anime were revived offscreen in pools of lava...since, ya know, the planet was on acid at the time. :P
14 years later

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:23 am

As post #666, I will take on the role of Grammar nazi and ancient crappy fanfic promoter.

The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:Either way, lets worry less about ambiguous spellings and just focus on regular grammar and whatnot. Though that seems to be all good here.
next poster wrote:its not like he would of helped that much hes probobly only about as strong as Nappa like 4,000, and he probobly would of just asked Bulma or Mr. Briefs
to make him a space ship to go back to his home planet assuming Freeza did not destroy it.
Thats why he was not brough back i mean what would he do Chaozu could kill him.
... I totally forgot that the wish extended to those killed by Freeza's men...
... This means that the previous incarnations of my fic-verse that had Ginyu's trainees actually work!
Why did it take me until trying to make a version that doesn't suck to realize that?
This thread is officially my favorite of the week. XD

... How many of the Ginyu Force's ships were left on Namek by the end of the Freeza fight? :idea:
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:42 pm

I presume all five, minus the one Goku used.
Trunks & Goten forever

Daizensushi-x
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daizensushi-x » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:44 pm

Yet another mystery in the wonderful realm of Dragon Ball. :D
-My First short film
Revenge at the Dojo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCK5q8Bcof8

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:24 pm

Those pesky wishes.

There's also the incident where they wished back the people of a city that Cell (I think it was Cell) wiped off the map. Since there was no land left in that spot they would have all got wished back and appeared in the Ocean, only to drown and die again.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Daizensushi-x
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daizensushi-x » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:45 pm

Humpski wrote:Those pesky wishes.

There's also the incident where they wished back the people of a city that Cell (I think it was Cell) wiped off the map. Since there was no land left in that spot they would have all got wished back and appeared in the Ocean, only to drown and die again.
<.<

>.>

Erm....people could swim? Or am I missing something huge? :shock:
-My First short film
Revenge at the Dojo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCK5q8Bcof8

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:09 pm

Daizensushi-x wrote:

<.<

>.>

I can't swim across a whole sea or an ocean, can you? :?
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:12 pm

Goku can. XD. Maybe Chaozu was in charge of cleanup while everyone else was at the lookout? :P

Luffy

Post by Luffy » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:03 pm

Humpski wrote:
Daizensushi-x wrote:

<.<

>.>

I can't swim across a whole sea or an ocean, can you? :?
I think it other island were around the area.
:D