Piccolo's/Kami-Sama's Abilities

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Piccolo's/Kami-Sama's Abilities

Post by SSJHitch » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:55 am

As most people probably know, Kami-Sama has the ability to "look down on Earth" and view events that are going on. But I have a question concerning this ability.

Just before Piccolo and Kami-Sama become one again, in DBZ chapter 164, Piccolo says:
Peeping on the world below again? Not a very dignified hobby.... Of course you'll lose that ability once we've merged together....better enjoy it while you can.
However after they've joined together, Piccolo is able to view the events leading up to Cell's completion. What is happening here? Did Piccolo just asume that the ability would be lost? Or did Toriyama simply forget what he wrote a few chapters previous?
Treading the thin line between insanity and genius

Ryu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ryu » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:05 am

That a interesting point you have made. He can't of just losted that ability, otherwise how would he have known Vegeta let Cell absorb 18? (Well I guess he could of heard the conversion due to his super hearing :P ) My guess is knowing Toriyama, he simply forgot. :?

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:00 pm

Actually, I think he meant that Kami won't be able to do this since Piccolo will be in control of the body they'll live in.
It's party time, Ginyu style!

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:06 pm

Yeah, what Fuujin. After the fusion, Piccolo sends up to the Cell Games more or less being everyone's link to the below world, by standing at the edge of the Lookout and commenting on current events,

.... That sounds off somehow.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:35 pm

I don't think it was really all that mysterious of a power; Kami and Piccolo probably just concentrate hard enough to finely sense Ki, and therefore they can predict what is happening on Earth mre or less.

Such as when Goku was fighting 19, Kami would sense Goku's Ki increase as a SSJ, then gradually give out, and he could predict what was happening.

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJHitch » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:33 pm

If that is the case, how could Piccolo know that Kuririn destoyed the emergancy shutdown controller for the Androids, just by sensing Ki?
Treading the thin line between insanity and genius

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:09 pm

It's probably why Namekians have antanaes. Is that how you spell it?

Anyway, it's kind of like he can feel stuff, like Ki, thoughts, emotions, and all that good stuff, like how Kaiou-sama was "watching" the fight on Namek. What Fuujin said was what I thought exactly when I read the manga. I remember in all my tankoubon after the Cell story arc, Piccolo was always watching over Earth. Kami would lose that ability, because, well, Kami wouldn't really exist, since Piccolo remained the dominant personality.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.