Vegeta SSJ2 (Seven Years or Majin?)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:37 pm

PsyLiam wrote:Also, characters quite often train at levels less than they are capable off. Goku trained in 100g gravity on the way to Namek, but is seen training several times after in less strong gravity (and often in his non-SSJ form too).
After his 100g training on the way to Namek, I don't recall Goku ever training under heavy gravity again, unless you count the 10g's in the room of spirit and time.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:42 pm

Exactly.

This does raise the question of whether doing easier training (if you go by exact amounts, rather than relative effort) in your normal form actually improves your strength in your transformed form. I would say it does, otherwise characters would never train in any form but their most powerful.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:37 am

That's a rather tricky question; Goku was training Gohan up to SSJ, so that they could train harder. And from then on, you see Gohan and Goku always training as Super Saiyans.

But training in regular form must strengthen all subsequent transformations. Kaioshin confirms that after Gohan trains with the Z sword.

So it seems...training in both is just as effective? :P

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:03 am

And from then on, you see Gohan and Goku always training as Super Saiyans.
In Buu Saga, Goku is showed training with weights in the Other World without going Super Saiyan, initially.

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:00 pm

I was actually reffering to when Goku & Gohan were training in the Room of Spirit and Time. After Gohan reaches SSJ, they spend the rest of their time training as Super Saiyans.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:10 pm

But that was because they were specifically training to make their Super Saiyan forms their "regular" forms.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

tysonwritesel

Post by tysonwritesel » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:17 pm

There is no way of knowing.
tysonwritesel, @Kanzenshuu member for 9 years, 2 months, 29 days! ***3-18-2004***

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:11 pm

Avatars are restricted to 80x80, and no images are allowed in sigs; I'm removing them both. Please be sure to re-read the forum rules (#3 might also apply to you). Thanks ^^.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:06 pm

Obviously, training in normal form would be most effective, as it requires more efford.

And Goku changed in the Other World only because Kaio wanted to prove that North Quadrant OWNZ South Quadrant.
It's party time, Ginyu style!

oponok
Beyond Newbie

Post by oponok » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:40 pm

*PINHEAD* wrote:Again, as I've said before, I don't think of SSJ2 as a definite level, but rather just a more powerful and angry (the restless ki and electricity aura) form of SSJ1.
Well, when characters jump from level one to two, it appears to both take some effort and looks much like a transformation, or else we'd never see SSJ1 in the Buu saga. Just thought I'd correct this.
"In fact, the United States Alf Fanfiction Department has issued notices offering high paying jobs for more Alf fanfiction, which they believe could immediately resolve countless global issues such as world hunger."

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:01 pm

Well...simply powering up takes effort. Super Saiyan 2 gives them added power, so it technically is a power up from the first state. The Kaiouken looks like a transformation, but it's also just a power up. Besides, it's my opinion. 8)
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:04 pm

You're theory on the SSJ levels being more "power-ups" instead of clear-cut transformations isn't too bad, except Goku himself explains to Babidi and Boo about them. He notes SSJ and SSJ2 seperatly.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:14 pm

I agree that it is separate from the first state, but I still see Super Saiyan 2 as a powered up version of SSJ1. That phrase is confusing because it seems like I meant it to be "SSJ powered up." I really meant that the level of SSJ2 is basically SSJ with greater power. By level, I mean ...er...it's like how Super Saiyan is different than the normal base form. Super Saiyan 2, on the other hand, is not its own little transformation, just a new level above SSJ1. Now I'm confused.
Oh well, no point in arguing an opinion. :P

...I've been using smileys a lot.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.