So... How was it?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KT Kore

Post by KT Kore » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:35 pm

This thread is priceless...

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:50 pm

I'm completely lost. I don't even think I'm reading the posts right. Dragon Ball AF...?
Was this something I just never knew, or did the all members of the forum decide late at night to play a joke on me, like one big conspiracy?
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

KT Kore

Post by KT Kore » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:06 pm

Check out the pic above. It may still be done on cels unlike 99.9999% of today's anime and look old as hell, but the image proves it! :shock:

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:12 pm

Maybe it's my own stupidity, but this seemingly came out of nowhere. Surely you guys would have been talking about this before. And with the April Fool's Prank...Is this just some practical joke that I haven't caught on to...?
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:13 pm

I don't understand, In episode 1 why was Pan a lesbian? and why the hell was Trunks being wheeled around in his wheel chair by Freeza?

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:29 pm

Can anyone get a screen of Super Saiyan 4 Radpa?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:38 pm

The S wrote:Can anyone get a screen of Super Saiyan 4 Radpa?
You're getting too far ahead. He doesn't show up until the next episode. And for Kami's sake, people, don't write so many spoilers. Viewers aren't supposed to know half this shit, yet.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:43 pm

You're getting too far ahead. He doesn't show up until the next episode. And for Kami's sake, people, don't write so many spoilers. Viewers aren't supposed to know half this shit, yet.
But they showed him in the end credits...
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:02 pm

My mom is Gen Fukabananaga, and she told me that Kuririn goes SSJ12 in episode 6! OMGOMGOMG AWESOEM

By the way, while I didn't believe in AF at all when I saw this topic (If the concept itself wasn't crazy enough, look at all the silly posts), but it was awfully confusing. It's not next April Fools, and I didn't remember you handing out dates in the update... You're really going to fuck up some people with this one, explanations or not.

... :)

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:36 pm

Actually, I heard Kuririn won't even be in DBAF, except for the occasional "guest appearance," because they can't get his VA (she's too busy with One Piece, where she does Luffy's voice) for every episode. That sucks, but I wonder what Funi will have Sonny Strait doing once they get to dubbing it? Maybe he'll be doing the "mysterious new villain" I've heard rumors of?
SJ Dragonball Graphic Novel, Volume 9, page 60. That is all.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:07 am

My eyes have been opened, and my syrup has been secured. Apparently Baby has returned, and Pilaf has transformed into his tenth form. I also heard from a friend whose neighbor used to be a mailman that delivered to Toei that a whole new planet of Saiyans is discovered in episode 17, "New Planet of Saiyans Discovered! The Ultimate Super Awesome Battle of the Super Ultimate Powers Begins!"

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:07 am

Well, this is much better than I expected it to be. I thought, "Nah, this would be too predictable, as well as boring." Then I see, late on September 8th, that no one tried it, so I figured, "Eh! What the Hell, it'll be worth it."

After I posted it, I almost regretted it, thinking that such an utterly pointless topic would get me a warning (if the topic about Deus' avatar didn't already do that, I forgot to check). But, thank you, VegettoEX, for taking it in good humor.

A message to other new posters (newbie being such a harsh word):
For those of you who came into this topic and thought you didn't know shit from shinola, this whole post was a reference to the April Fool's joke that the Daizenshuu EX staff pulled this past April. A prank that I have officially dubbed the second greatest DB April Fool's prank ever.

The first, of course, was when an obscure website provided a link to Bulma hentai, which turned out to be a picture of naked Kid Goku.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:32 am

I like the eye catchers, you know, the one with SD Frezza wheeling SD Trunks in his wheelchair off a cliff.

Oh and the second one where SD Toriyama puts a gun to his head and pulls the trigger but a flag comes out that says "Toei"

Milton
Patreon Supporter

Post by Milton » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:18 am

If you thought that was sweet, then you all will be in for a treat by episode 30. See, I just got word from my fathers-brothers-nephews- cousins former roommate (who landed a job at Toei last year working on a Kamen Rider show) that....well, spoiler warning.

Get this: Uppa has been training with Kaioshin for years! Turns out that Uppa could be the one who takes out the enemy. And who is that, you may ask? Pre-sketch designs have a name Colonel Crunch attached to them. I guess he's the most feared man on the planet Recale. What this planet has to do with the show is beyond me at this point.
Oh, and episode 2 will be a clip show. Apparently, Goku and Piccolo get locked in a freezer and reflect on the previous episode. A clip show for a second episode....those wacky Japanese. :shock:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:24 am

Milton wrote:And who is that, you may ask? Pre-sketch designs have a name Colonel Crunch attached to them.
Any relation to Cap'n?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Milton
Patreon Supporter

Post by Milton » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:27 am

If you think that's odd, I've recieved conceptual drawings for his 3 henchmen...Snap, Crackle and Pop. They sound pretty damn menacing.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:59 pm

OMFG guys! A version of episode one is up fansubbed by ANBU at Animesuki!! Its so awesome!!

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:09 pm

wow! Thats so awesomez0r!!!!!!!111111oneoneone

we must sharte this great show with the world!

As for the clips show actually its a reffrence to the DBAF OAV wich hasnt come out yet that sets all this stuff up, its Toeiu trying to let us know theres some backplot going on here.

so yes, now there IS an OAV!
-Laserkid

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:35 pm

Not to spoil anything, but Toei is actually revealing AF takes place in yet another alternative timeline in the OAV. There's supposed to be a big clash of timelines which creates a paradox, ultimately resulting in another evil Shenlong! And apparently Super Saiyan 5 finally appears!

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:12 pm

o_o....-_-...

俺と関係がないから。。。