So... How was it?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

johnboy1
Regular

So... How was it?

Post by johnboy1 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:08 am

Well this was the big night, wasn't it? If anyone who knows (or is) Japanese, can you tell me what the big DBAF premier was like? Any clues as to why Trunks has totally lost it? How powerful is SS5, or do we not know yet? Why is Vegeta going to fuse with Trunks if Trunks is evil?

I'm anxious to hear...

Adamant
I Live Here

Re: So... How was it?

Post by Adamant » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:35 am

johnboy1 wrote:Well this was the big night, wasn't it? If anyone who knows (or is) Japanese, can you tell me what the big DBAF premier was like?
Totally awesome. The new intro is the best Dragonball intro yet. Look forward to it. It shows various great scenes from DB and DBZ, but remade with flashy effects and CGI. (Like Raditz' getting hit by Piccolo's Makakosappo, Gohan going SSJ2, Freeza reaching form 4, Goku battling Yamucha in episode 5, ect.) It's beautiful. (The new ending theme is decent. Nothing really special). As for the plot... Well, nothing really happened in this episode. There's the usual "family life" scenes at the beginning, then Trunks appears and goes crazy. It ends with Gohan confronting Trunks. Definitly better than GT.
johnboy1 wrote:Any clues as to why Trunks has totally lost it?
No, not yet. It will. The next episode is entitled "Corrupt Super Warrior! The fate of Future Trunks!!" (or something like that), so it will probably reveal it.
johnboy1 wrote: How powerful is SS5, or do we not know yet?
Not yet. No SSJ form has even been mentoined yet.

johnboy1 wrote: Why is Vegeta going to fuse with Trunks if Trunks is evil?
Vegeta has barely appeared. He doesn't even know of Trunks' arrival yet. So we don't know.

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:43 am

Oh yeh, but we soon learn what drove Trunks insane - Baby appeared in his time line and Trunks is trying to fight Baby inside of him, but is losing, and yeh, he becomes all evil and stuff!

How do I know this? Cuz my uncle works for Toei! :roll:
Last edited by Izlude on Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:24 am

*snicker*
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:11 am

I'm still waiting on my source to send me the episode. I do have ONE screen-shot they took for me (of Shenlong, no less!) later this evening when I get home (at work right now). It's pretty sweet looking.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:26 pm

Oh I think I saw that screenshot! Shenlong's pretty different looking in this series than his previous incarnation. I like the way he looks in this series better actually. ^^
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:29 pm

Adamant forgot to mention that some of the actual effects IN the show are CGI as well. Frigging sweet. ^_^ They only showed a few during a the short spar between Goku and Gohan at the start, just a few lighting things with the auras...
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:32 pm

Yes it was a good episode to behold, personally I enjoyed the appearance of Bardok in the first 5 mionuets as a ghost to warn Goku that an evil force approaches and that he must be careful, he seemed to imply Trunks killed him too....how far back in time did the crazy bastard go before settliugn here, we may never know.
-Laserkid

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:57 pm

Here's the one shot I've gotten of Shenlong thus far. Remember, the show's widescreen. It's at 75% of the original size (640x360), but I kept it in the correct aspect ratio.

:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:27 pm

Ya, that's the image I saw too! You see what I mean? The Shenlong in this series is cooler looking. ^^
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:30 pm

I just got word from my uncle (FUNi translator), they're getting DBAF after 'season one' finishes up in Japan. And, well, they also got all the scripts and stuff and I asked him to tell me anything I thought would be sweet... Turns out Pan FINALLY goes SSJ! ^__^
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:44 pm

yeah that was a cool scene of Shenlong, and Pans going to go SSJ? I guess that explains the SSJ "Bran" picture I saw floating around
-Laserkid

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:49 pm

BRAN IS REAL?! Wow, and I thought she was just created for that hentai doujinshi I saw the other day... not that I read those things... I just... well... look at 'em... and stuff... only because I can't read Japanese...

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:52 pm

well I cant say for certainty but I have seen SSJ Bran photos around for AF stuff, but with Pan going SSJ it makes it that much more likely.
-Laserkid

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:52 pm

Bah, I only got the intro off of GreentarP2P, and all those new special effects looked cheesy.

I can't give my own opinion on the actual show though, but anything is good after GT.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:56 pm

Is this a joke or something? sorry If I seem out of the circle, I just came here and saw this stuff, So what's the deal?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:00 pm

Why not at all Tanooki, you can verify all the info on the Daizenshuu EX site.

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:00 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Is this a joke or something? sorry If I seem out of the circle, I just came here and saw this stuff, So what's the deal?

Does this LOOK like a joke?!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:06 pm

lol, God. I really like the April Fools prank, It was really well done, but its Sept 8th so I didn't know what was\is going on. Are you brining the AF rumor back to life or something?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:18 pm

April 1st Update wrote:Staring back at me from the cubbyhole was a print ad for DBAF. This ad informs us that the series will indeed continue, and it is slated to start its run in Japan on 8 September (that's a Wednesday), at 7:30 pm (right after the news). There will be a TV preview prior to that on 25 August. This ad also contains a message from Akira Toriyama, in which he says that although he isn't making a new manga, he will be helping out a little with character design and story direction work. Mostly, though, he says that he is confident that the TV show will be handled properly, and wants us all to watch it!!!
Today's the ninth ^^.